Thursday 23 June 2011

Today is my Mother 's 80th Birthday

Mama  is  80  years  old  today.
"What  shall  I  render  unto   the Lord for   all  Hi s benefits  towards  me". Psalm 116:12 (BIBLE)

How  can  you  express  to God  your sense of gratitude-for His  mercies and  His blessings  everyday renewed?
Just by passing on to others what  He  has  bestowed-sharing with the  travellers you  meet  upon  the  road...
Scatter wide  the  good  received your thankfulness  to  show. Cast  your bread  upon the  waters, gladly let it go.
(Patience Strong)
 

Mama with  a little  girl

With Megan


My desk top is not working, so  instead of  scanning  these photos I photographed  them.

Mama and Papa upon
graduating from  University.

Happy together

Proudly displaying  her  gladioli

In Nigeria (19 years  ago.
(Top photo)
with my  sister Anjali  and  her kids)
(second photo)
Worshipping at  a  Lagos church)

My  parents   with
daughter  Namrita

With me

Dancing with  Aunt  Maya
at  my  sister 's  wedding.
All these memories we  hold so
dear and  thank  the   Lord  for  them.

24 Fertilize my soul:

Felisol said...

Happy birthday to your Mama, Dear Amrita.
Hope you will have a lovely celebration.
80 years, that's well worth celebrating.
beautiful pictures.
I most of all liked the picture of your mother ad aunt dancing at the wedding.
They look so gracious and happy together.

Nadwrażliwiec said...

Happy Birthday for Your Mother!! I wish Her all the best, God's blessings, health and good relationship with rest family! :)

John Cowart said...

Your mother is a lovely woman who has aged gracefully. Happy birthday to her.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Happy Birthday to your mom. May you have a lovely celebration together. I enjoyed the pictures.

FlowerLady

Mari Nuñez said...

What a wonderful blessing...80 years! Happy Birthday to your mom.

Enjoy the day.

Hugs

Trish said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom! What a blessing to have a Mom who loves her family and Lord!

Simply Shelley said...

Thank you sharing all the beautiful pictures of mama....may she be blessed on the day of her birthday....and blessings to you as well dear Amrita.

Amrita said...

A very big thank you to eachy and everyone of you . I read out your messages to Mama and she was so touched.

We had phone calls all day and some people came to greet Mom. Tomorrow a cousin and his family will also come.


On the 24th and 25th we are having a Youth Camp in our church arranged by the ABC church and Scripture Union. A lot of preparation has gone into it and God will bless it. Pray for the camp.

Paresh Palicha said...

Happy Birthday to Auntie! Hope she had a great time. God bless her.

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Well, it's still the 23rd of June in Canada so I can still say, "Happy Birthday" to your Mama! The big eight-zero is one that must not slip by without a cheer and I love the verse you have chosen to start the post, Ps 116:12.

Blessings and love from the Allens!

Terry said...

dear mama..yeh i have to agree with carol-ann..it IS only june 23 here in canada but i didn't want to miss all of the celebrations!
happy birthday..you are a dear little lady and you have a beautiful family...you are a year younger than mom golden!....we love you..love bernie and terry..

i have left you a birthday greeting over at my blog..

David C Brown said...

Happy birthday - "They are still vigorous in old age, they are full of sap and green", Psalm 92: 14.

Sandy said...

Happy 80th birthday to your
lovely and precious mother!
How blessed you are to have
her still with you. My dear
mother was 89 when she left
to be with Jesus.
I am sure your celebration
was a wonderful one.
Love,
Sandy

Julia Dutta said...

Lovely Pictures Amrita. I wish your mother a Very Happy Birthday and many more to come.

Julia

David Edward said...

happy birthday wishes to a wonderful strong woman of God and to a good mom. the world needs women like Hazel and Amrita.

Kathryn said...

I hope she had a lovely, lovely day. A belated happy birthday!

All the pics you have of her when she was younger show a very beautiful woman. You look very much like her too.

I pray blessings for you both and your whole family.

Anonymous said...

Wishing your sweet beautiful mother a wonderful day..sorry if this is late....tell her she raised a beautiful daughter and give her a hug from her friends in California...God bless and keep you both...

Pat said...

Happy birthday to your precious and beautiful mother! What a heritage you have and I know you greatly love your family. You are blessed to have such a sweet mother and she is blessed to have such a wonderful daughter!

monsoon dreams said...

Please convey my birthday wishes to mama.it's truly wonderful to have parents,and such a blessing to have an oppotrunity to serve them.Lotsa love and hugs,dearest.

Anonymous said...

Happy 80th Birthday to your mother!

God Bless Her :-)

~Ron

JI said...

What a great milestone! Happy birthday to your mother.

Hold my hand: a social worker's blog said...

Happy birthday to your mom, Amrita. What a lovely post, a sweet tribute to your mother. I really enjoyed the pictures. Beautiful pictures. I particularly liked the one of her reading a book. That's really neat.

Blessings to you and your mom, dear Amrita.

Doris

Pia said...

belated happy birthday to your mom, amrita. i enjoyed the photos a lot.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your mom!

I remember when I was younger, I thought my Nani would live forever. That's when I figured I would learn hindi better from her, and learn to cook Indian food also. So when she passed away when I was a teenager, I was so upset.

Nothing lasts forever. I wished some things would. I hope to appreciate the things that mean the most to me while I can.