Friday 1 July 2011

Experiencing God

This  year  I   am  reading the  daily devotional "Experiencing God Day by Day " by  Henry  and  Richard Blackaby. It  is  brimming  with insight  and  grace. I hear  God  speaking  to  me each morning  as  I  open a new  page of  this  book. The  writings  help  me to  examine  my   life and walk  closer  with  God  in  the  light  of  His  Word. I  want  to  encourage  you  to  follow  online on  the EXPERIENCING GOD website or buy  this  little  book. I  am sure   you  will  experience  growth  in your  Christian  life as  you  do  so.

This  is  what  blessed  me  earlier  this  week
Bearing One Another’s Burdens

Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. (Galatians 6:2)

When God places people in your life who are in need, He is aware of what they lack, and He knows He has given you the resources to meet those needs. You know God does nothing by accident. When a need surfaces around you, immediately go to the Father and say, “You put me here for a reason. You knew this was going to happen. What did You intend to do through me that would help this person become closer to You?”

Recognizing a need in someone’s life can be one of the greatest invitations from God you will ever experience. It’s easy to become frustrated by the problems of others. They can overwhelm you as you become aware of need after need. Rather than looking at each new problem as one more drain on your time, energy, or finances, ask God why He placed you in this situation. Allow God to help you see beyond the obvious needs of others to the things He wants to accomplish in their lives. Don’t miss God’s activity because you’re reluctant to carry the load of others.

Is God blessing you materially? It may be He is developing a “supply depot” in your life through which He can provide for others.
Has God granted you a strong, healthy family life? It may be that He requires such a home to minister to the hurting families all around you.
 Has God released you from sinful habits?
 Has God’s peace comforted you in a time of great sorrow?
 Has God miraculously provided for your needs?

 It may be that He has been purposefully building things into your life so that you can now be the kind of person who will carry the burdens of others
___________________
I like  to  see   myself as  Simon of  Cyrene - the  burden  bearer  for  Christ - this  image  enables  me  to  daily bear  my  cross. Which  Bible  character do you  identify  with?

I read  this  little  story in a magazine which  I want  to  share  with you.

EASY YOKE
A little  girl  sat listening  to  a reading  from Matthew 11:28,29,30 (BIBLE)
"Come to me all  who   are  weary and heavy laden and I will  give  you rest.
Take my yoke upon me and learn from me and you shall  find  rest  for your  soul.
For my yoke  is easy and my  load is light"
(words of Jesus)

The  Sunday school  teacher  asked the class,"Who can tell  me  what  a  yoke is?"
The child replied," Something they put on the neck of animals,"
"Do you know what is the meaning of  God 's yoke?"
The little girl again answered,"That is  when God puts His  arms around  our  neck."
______________________________

Blogger  is  not   allowing  me  to  upload a new  profile photo or any picture on my side  bar.  I am told  that  I have  exceeded my  upload  limit. But  I  can upload  pictures  on posts. I can' t understand  this???
_____________________

Happy  Canada Day to my Canadian friends. Enjoy Will   and Kate' s  visit.  Today would  have  been  Princess Diana 's  50th birthday.

13 Fertilize my soul:

Crown of Beauty said...

My dear Amrita,
Many years ago, my life was changed when our church went through the study by Henry Blackaby entitled Experiencing God.

He is an anointed man indeed, and we have all been helped by his writings, based on his own personal experience of God.

This post is so valuable. Indeed, Henry Blackaby has given us a deep insight into the verse Galatians 6:2. It is easy for us to say we are Christians but we do not understand what it really means to bear one another's burdens.

Thank you for sharing about this devotional book on your blog.

Love
Lidj

Kathryn said...

On the pictures - you will have to delete some to use more, or to purchase storage space. You can reuse pics, however (i do this frequently), reusing some that you have posted before. Or you might want to go back to some of your older posts and edit them so that they have a couple of representative pictures, but not the many you post. (They will have to actually be deleted from picsa web.) I love all the things you share, the pics of life in India, but you might want to cull some of them at a later time, say, after 6 months.

Good luck with this. ;)

Amrita said...

Dear Lidj, that you for your visit and comment. I am truly blessed by these devotions

Amrita said...

Dear Kathryn,
you know its really strange I can upload new pictures on my posts but I can' t upload a new profile photo or one on my sidebar. Why this discrepancy?

Amrita said...

Hi Kathryn, finally I got a profil pic uploaded. Blogger wouldn 't let me upload from my current photo file but I got it from another place on my documents. - They do such strange thing - can 'gt understand the computer 's mind.

Buttercup said...

A lot to think about here and will work to make it part of how I look at situations. I love the story of the little girl. Sending warm thoughts and keeping you in my prayers!

Amrita said...

Thank you Buttercup

Bluebirdy said...

Beautiful article. I think it is the subject closest to Jesus' heart. Having empathy for others and helping them through this school journey we call life. Thanks for the Happy Canada Day wish. I have posted a lovely Princess Diana post at Facebook, celebrating her 40 years. Lots of pics from her childhood. I love the picture at the top of this blog, and I am just crazy about turquoise, the background color.
Has the riot beside your house settled down yet?
Bless you sis,
Love, Sheila

Bluebirdy said...

Oh My! I just saw that you have more followers than any of the 46 other people I follow. I am going through the list now and cleaning out those who I barely know or the blogs are gone now. KEEPING YOU!!!
Love, Sheila

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hello Amrita,

Wonderful post, very inspiring and thought provoking. We need guide lines like this to keep our perspective as good Christians. Very often we get diverted from our main goal due to exigences of circumstances.

Have a wonderful Sunday,
Joseph

Vilisi said...

Hello Amrita. I'm really grateful for this post. I feel affirmed by God in a decision I had made to embrace someone who was a total stranger.It's been somewhat draining and I was beginning to doubt whether I had made the right decision - but not anymore! Thank you for this inspired post.
Blessings to you, dear sister-in-Christ!

Amrita said...

Praise be to the Lord almighty. God bless you sister Vilisi

Anonymous said...

The picture that you have up there reminded how I just watched the Passion of Christ last night. I can't even count how many times I have watched it, but everytime I do, I thank the Lord everytime.

"Thank you, Jesus that you don't make mistakes like I do. Thank you that you went through it just for me".