Wednesday 9 September 2009

Today is 9/9/09

CONGRATULATIONS PANKAJ ADVANI
WORLD BILLIARDS CHAMPION

India's ace cueist Pankaj Advani on Sunday night beat defending and nine time champion Mike Russell to become only the second Indian to win the World Professional Billiards title in its 139-year-old history.

Advani, who was awarded the country's highest sporting honour - the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna in 2005-06, beat Russell 2030-1253 at the Northern Snooker Centre in Leeds, England.
The first Indian to win the professional billiards world championship was Geet Sethi, who crashed out of the tournament this time in a league match against eventual champion Advani 482-818.
I am really fascinated by the game of billiards, but I don 't
know how to play it.
Today I had a surprise visit from a friend Poonam,
who lives in the Northern part of our state.
She is here for 2 days for a sports competition.
She is so sweet she took me out for dinner at MacDonald 's.
Before she leaves Poonam will come to visit my mother at 4 pm.
Love makes you feel safe and protected.
Take a moment to watch this story.

9 Fertilize my soul:

Sherri Murphy said...

That video brought tears to my eyes. Beautiful lady acting out her love.

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Amrita, if Mr. P. Advani challenges you to a game of pool, refuse to play! He will clear the table and you will be left wondering where all your rupees went...LOL...

Sita said...

Yay! Go, India, go! Sorry, it's my Indian roots showing!
Hey, Amrita, I also have an Indian friend named Poonam--she was studying at U of Toronto and returned to Nepal.
I'll look at the video later--just bought some Bombay Prawns from a Hakka restaurant here---oooh--spicy and good!
Later..
Love, Sita

Sita said...

Just viewed the video. Beautiful message of unconditional love. It is so true. My son had one teacher in whose class everyone 'bloomed'--they all felt loved as they were--too bad she was the exception rather than the rule...
Love, Sita

David Edward said...

got your message, thanks

Amrita said...

This video struck a resounding chord in my heart too. I was a middle school teacher and homeroom teacher for 6th graders.
Although I taught in an Christian American International school, many of my students were from broken or dysfunctional families...their wealth did not make any difference in their lives - they were looking for love.

Goodness me Penni, I will take your advice. LOL

Hi Sita the prawns sound delicious. We can get very expensive frozen prawn here - umcooked. I don 't know how to cook them. My sister Anjali makes delicious prawns, but I am not too fond of it.

Becka said...

What a video,takes me back to bible school this year ,ther was so many kids who just need someone to love them & show them Gods love..

Thanks for reminding me....

David Edward said...

9-11-2001
never forget the 2996

Paresh Palicha said...

Didi, loved the video :-) Thanks.