Wednesday 28 October 2009

I took pictures of some buildings
on one of my rickshaw rides.
This is a popular hotel.


New buildings are coming up everywhere

A Bank and the Lakme Beauty Salon
The Salon is so expensive that one has to visit the Bank before stepping in.
So its a good idea to have them
in close proximity of each other.
LOL!
A new shopping complex under construction.
The whole day today I was not well.
Had terrible stomach cramps and felt cold and sore.
Seems like some kind of virus.
Sheeba is not used to seeing me laying down
so she was quite curious as to what 's wrong.
She kept pawing and licking me
and kept me company at the foot of the bed.
I am some better now.
The cramps are milder.
But still don 't feel too good.
Oh well, its the change of season!

13 Fertilize my soul:

Felisol said...

Dear Amrita.
I see they are setting up steel and concrete in your big city as well as in my small ditto.
I guess it's a sign of wealth and progress, but somehow I'm not comfortable with that way of building.
Look at the beautiful palm trees in the city. They are a sight for soar eyes.

I do hope your feeling better now. Sheeba did not look happy when you were ill.
Do you have a herb tea you can recommend for stomach troubles? (I've been having some of the sort the last three weeks. My doc meant it might be|a gallbladder dysfunction.)
You are my herb Guru, you know.
From Felisol

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Amrita, so sorry to hear of the stomach pains and the funny achy feeling, that is just no good. I am worried it could be the candy corns, they could make anyone ill. They are like eating wax.

Sheeba is a very smart gal. She knew you felt bad. What a beauty you have in your four-pawed companion.

I do not know why they continue to build in my city. Most of the stores stand empty, and many hundreds of offices were built, and never even occupied. And yet they build more. It is very strange. I do not understand the modern economies.

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

I will pray for your divine healing Amrita. By the stripes of Jesus you are healed. This we pray heavenly Father in the name of Jesus through the ministry of the Holy Spirit, one God forever. Amen. Take care of yourself my friend. So many souls are dependent on your radiant soul. Thanks for the post. God bless you always.

Pat said...

Praying you feel better soon, your doggy wants you up and about!!

Donetta said...

Oh Sweet lady do so hope your feeling much better soon

Patti said...

I hope you are feeling better today. You are lucky to have Sheeba to keep you company when you're not feeling well.

Interesting views of your city. Quite different from where we live in Connecticut. We do have Domino's in our city, though!

I like seeing palm trees ~ It must be warm there

;-)

Sherri Murphy said...

You have Domino's there? Wow! Love the photos, as always. And praying that you will be better soon. Today.

David Edward said...

I am looking closely at the @new building picture and I see that they are using bamboo for scaffolding. that IS AMAZING! i do not think that it would be allowed here, but some would try something similar

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hi Dear friend Amrita,

I hope you are feeling better and the dog is very sweet ( hug from me), Nice to see your surrounding seen from a ricksha, I wonder what you see , thanks for showing, Your blog is really an "eye-opener" to me, I like to see your world.

Greetings from JoAnn/Holland

Amrita said...

Dear friends thank you so much for your good wishe s and prayer.

I feel so much better and today I was able to go to a government office and also visit a cousin on her mother 's first death anniversary.

God is good.

Amrita said...

Hello Patti, welcome to my blog all the way from Conniticut.
OUr summers are extrememly hot and winters cold but milder han yours, that 's why the palm trees can survive. We also have evergreen trees but they have to be looked after in the summers.

Terry said...

dear amrita.i just skipped the post before but i will go back to it.
i noticed that people were praying for you because you were sick and i am so sorry i never even knew it and here i have been complaining to you and yet you still care!
i am glad that you had that darling sheeba to keep you company and i hope that you are feeling better....please next time if i don't get down here to say hey, please email me and let me know when you or mama or even sheeba aren't feeling well...ok? deal? shake of hands....love terry

Terry said...

by the way amrita..these are fantastic pictures...especially the dominoes!!ha!...love terry