Friday 11 March 2011

Trembling Earth and Heaving Waters

Getting   the  news  about  the  massive  earthquake 
and  tsunami  in  Japan this  afternoon was  so  shocking and  stunning
There  are   tsunami  warnings all across  the  globe.
In 1991  I experienced  an earthquake in
the Himalayas and  although  it
was  of  a lower  magnitude than today's
I  just  cannot  forget  it.
It  took  me  a long  time  to  recover from  it

My  deepest  sympathies are  for  the  people  of  Japan
and  everyone  who  is  under this  untimely  threat.
May  they  experience God 's  protection and  comfort.
They  say  hundreds  have lost their  lives -
apart  from loss of  property.
My  dear  mother  had  a  strange dream early  this  morning.
It  was hours  before the  disaster struck  Japan.
While watching the  news  she  recalled her  dream.
It  was  early  morning  and  there was an earthquake
in  our city.  My  mother  shook me awake 
and  asked  me to gather  all the  important documents
and make an  exit from the  house.
She  also asked  me to take a  blanket for  her
as she would feel  cold in the outdoors.
Mama said  the  dream was very  real.
Maybe  it  was  a   supernatural warning.
God speaks  to  us  through dreams.

The  Bible says
The  name  of the  Lord  is  like  a
strong  tower,
the  righteous run  to it
and  are safe.
We  are  living in perilous  times
as  if  on  the  edge  of  a precipice.
Our lives and times are in the 
hands of  the Lord  God.

10 Fertilize my soul:

Gerry said...

We are just getting the news of this giant earthquake here in the states. I know how frightening an earthquake is! Having been in quite a large one, too. In Los Angeles years ago.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Seeing the pictures this morning of the devastation in Japan really touched my heart.

You are so right about us living in perilous times. All we can do is keep our trust in Jesus/God and remember that no matter what happens to us, we are in His care.

Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

Anonymous said...

We just heard about it here too...and found our my brother and his family in Hawaii were evacuated..they are safe, thank the Lord and no worries there..but had a harrowing night...praying for all those in Japan....signs of the times we live in..
Maranatha!

Jeanette said...

We stayed up late last night watching the horrific pictures with nothing to stand up against the power of the water. Praying for all in the disaster area...

Nadwrażliwiec said...

When I was watching evening news about earthquake in Japan, about civil war in Libya and about inflation in Poland - I thought that Jesus is coming. He is near, nearer than we can think.

Trish said...

I was so saddened when I saw this horrible news this morning.
It certainly seems like the last days are upon us...Even so come quickly Lord.

Abigail Jasmine said...

Amrita,
It's so sad what happened..
But thank you for reminding me to thank God and know He is just and always good.

Lots of love!

Diane said...

Having been out and aboout all day, I arrived home in the evening to this news. My heart is broken for all who are suffering, for all who have lost loved ones in this tragedy. Perilous times for sure and His returning is drawing ever more imminent! Perilous, yet exciting times for those of us who have made preparation for that event!

Many hugs.....

Diane

Felisol said...

God help the people in Japan. God help us all.
I think we are not near to understand the extent of this tragedy.
It's simply to huge.
But God knows, God is there too.

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Yes, we are already experiencing the rumblings of the Great Tribulation. It is the hope of all Christians that they will be raptured by the Lord before that most catastrophic events. Our prayers go to the people of Japan that they may rise above this most unfortunate event. Thanks for the post. God bless you always.