Monday 5 March 2012

At the Feet of Jesus

My  BIL  Prem  was  invited  to  preach  at Yeshu  Darbar twice and  also  lead  Staff Bible  studies  in  the  office  of  the  University President.
Here  are some  photos  from  the evening  meetings..




During  the  season  of  lent
I  am  focusing  on the 
humility of Christ
and  reading
Andrew Murray' s book "Humility".
Here  is  a  quote  from  his  book.

Humility is perfect quietness of heart. It is to expect nothing, to wonder at nothing that is done to me, to feel nothing done against me. It is to be at rest when nobody praises me, and when I am blamed or despised. It is to have a blessed home in the Lord, where I can go in and shut the door, and kneel to my Father in secret, and am at peace as in a deep sea of calmness, when all around and above is trouble.”


― Andrew Murray

5 Fertilize my soul:

Nadwrażliwiec said...

Last time I made little Bible study about humility. God's perspective is completely different from teachings of many religions, which identify humility with asceticism.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a wonderful quote Amrita.

Love and hugs to you ~ FlowerLady

Amrita said...

Andrew Murrays books on payer are powerful - comment by my BIL Prem.

Amrita said...

Very true Zim

Felisol said...

Oh,Amrita, I still have got such a long way ti go. It seems like I've just begun crawling.