Friday 30 March 2012

Pictorial Update

A  lot  of  new   things  are  taking place  on our  campus since   the   formation of  our  new church  management. I  have been  busy  with  that. We  are  experiencing  the  peaceful  blessings  of  God the  giver  of  all  good  gifts.

Sonia  and Abner  paid  me  a surprise  visit  during  Abner 's  school  break . They  also  wanted  to   attend  our  church  services.  I  enjoyed  having  them  with  me  for  a  few days.

Days  are  becoming  warmer  now but  not  too  uncomfortable.The  days  of  the  cool  breeze   are  over. But  still  the  intense  heat (110*) is a few  weeks off I   suppose.
I  have  taken  some photos to  share  with  you.
Backdrop  for the  Sunday
evening Gospel meetings

 Our  church  helper got this  little  puppy  free .Isn' t  he  cute? I  think he  is  a  Lab. Barely  a  month  old.
 We  have  named  him  Rocky.He  is  going  to  guard  our church campus.

 Heralding   the  hope  of  Easter
Sunflowers are  my  favourite  flowers.  They  always  face the  sun , no  matter  how  strong  it  is.
I  read  a  book by  Gael Lindfield called  Assert  Yourself, How  to reprogramme  your  mind  for Positive  Action. Here is  an outline from the  book.

Compromise - only if it is reasonable to do so.
Open - and be honest
Negotiate - firmly and wisely
Fair - to you as well as  others
Innovate - don't wait for others  or fate
Direct - and clear in your speech
Expressive - show  your feeling when appropriate
Non-verbal - use your body
                    and beware of hidden messages
Chance - take risks
Empower - everyone

10 Fertilize my soul:

Crown of Beauty said...

I am glad I dropped by here today, dear Amrita. Happy for you that you had company for a while, and that the work at the church continues to inspire and motivate you. The puppy is sooooo cute! What a perfect name for him. The flowers are lovely. I love sunflowers too. And the book... I must get a copy. Probably it's on Amazon.

Thinking of you today, that's why I came over. May God continue to build strength inside of you.

Much love
Lidia

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Dear Amrita ~ such a sweet post about God's blessings in your life.

Summer's heat and humidity are starting here too.

The flowers are beautiful and little Rocky is so cute.

Have a great weekend ~ FlowerLady

Amrita said...

Thank you Lidj and Flower Lady

Amrita said...

Thank you Lidj and Flower Lady

David C Brown said...

Cute dog and pretty flowers; "observe with attention the lilies of the field, how they grow".

Felisol said...

Dear Amrita,
I sense an optimism I haven't heard in years. I hope it's because of the trouble is behind you and the new Church management is working well together for Christ.
How good for you to have that little puppy too. Hope she can become a good friend (I see she already has captured your heart), and a support.
I think you live in a wonderful country with so many flowers and sun all day.
May God bless this first weekend in Easter for you and your congregation.
from felisol

Amrita said...

Thank you for your gracious comment.You are a part of our ministry family you know.Th e Devil is not happy to see the work of the holy Spirit on our campus. Please pray for protection and help - some anti people are planning things against us.

Amrita said...

Oh Felisol, I forgot to mention your name in the above comment

Amrita said...

Thank you brother David, the lillie s remind us of how to depend on God for sustenance

Nadwrażliwiec said...

Oh, this little puppy is so sweet! I love animals like Rocky. I think he will be good guardian.