Saturday 23 June 2012

First birthday in heaven

Today  is  my  mother 's  first  birthday  in  heaven. I want  to  share  a  childhood  favourite in  her  memory.  A  song  I  sang  from  a little  paperback  booklet  I  had.It  talks  about  the  hope  and  confidence  we  have  as  Christians.

5 Fertilize my soul:

Crown of Beauty said...

My dear friend, Amrita
This early Sunday morning (5 am here in Manila Philippines) my heart goes out to you. Not much has been said from my end, but I have kept you close... prayed that God would be your comfort and your strength.

Praying again today, and reaching out, across the miles. May you be encouraged continually in the lonely days ahead, but also continue to receive the healing as your portion and inheritance.

May your heart be filled with joy today at the beautiful memories of your mother that you treasure, also in the blessed assurance that she is in the presence of our Lord.

Much love
Lidia

Lyndas recipe box said...

I love that song, am I so thankfull that the promises of God are true. I can't believe that your dear mother has been with the Lord for a year already Amrita.
I know it has been a difficult year; my mother has been gone for 5 1/2 years, but I know I shall see her again when it's my time for heaven. We are blessed to know Him.

Pia said...

amrita... (((HUGS)))

maybe your mom and my dad finally met. i miss Dad. i know you miss your mom too.

Nadwrażliwiec said...

Your mother had to be wonderful person.

Felisol said...

Dear Amrita,
I know this song by heart in Norwegian. We used to sing it a lot when I grew up.

Oh, I share your sorrow. I look at the picture of you and your mother every day. Its hanging on my fridge door among my other dear friends.
I am holding you up before the Lord, just as you are this very minute, praying the Lord to comfort, protect and guide you.
Peace e with you, my sister.
from Felisol