Monday 11 June 2012

No lofty claims


1 Corinthians 2:3  “And I was with you in weakness and in fear, and in much trembling.”

 This is how the great preacher, the Apostle Paul described himself.
  No lofty claims, no history of all the degrees he had, and all the schools he attended.
 We don’t see this type of promotional campaign these days.

Denise  Jeter

4 Fertilize my soul:

Sincerity said...

I was just thinking about this the other day! Paul was so learned and yet he became so humble. And he yearned to share with everyone what he had learned about truth!

He is certainly a role-model we can all follow. Great post Amrita. Thank you. :)

Felisol said...

Dear Amrita,
I'm glad to learn your congregation is doing well, reaching out to the unsaved.

I also think Paul in ever sense of the word has so much to teach us.I return to his writings over and over again.
He's holding up the word about the cross, a word of foolishness to those who will not believe, but a source of salvation to us.

Just Be Real said...

Amrita thank you for sharing. Blessings.

Amrita said...

God bless you, DeanO, Sincerity, Felisol and JBR