Monday 29 March 2010

Cooling Off

Today I started my small air convector room coolerIt a relief in the afternoon heat.
I am not running the cooler in the evenings though
to try get used to the heat
and it gets in the way also.
We will fix the window desert water cooler
later on which is more powerful.
Can 't imagine we were shivering in the cold just two and a half months ago.
Today we' ve had intermitent power cuts apart from the routine 3 hours.
The electricity dept. is sending us a veiled SMS -
Be prepared for the heat , dust and darkness. LOL



Just before she left Namrita, my sister got
henna (tattoos) on her hands.
It is a rare thing in the state where she lives,
so it was a special thing to 'take ' back from home.
This is real henna paste.
Its leaves a red / orange mark.
Many women dye their hair with henna.
It is a very good hair conditioner when mixed with
egg white and lemon juice.
You can add methi (fenugreek) paste to it .
I have also used it many times.
Henna has an over all cooling effect on the skin.
Its good for the summer.



Henna tattoos fade after a few days but
there is an engraving that can never fade away.
The names of God 's children
engraved on His hands.

15 "Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you!
16 See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands;

Isaiah 49 (Old Testament)
What an awesome reality!
My name
is tattooed on God' s palm.
Its OK if the Queen,
Bill Gates or
Barak Obama doesn 't know who I am.

14 Fertilize my soul:

Sita said...

My name on His palm...how awesome is that~! Thx, Amrita...I had henna put on my hands too when an Indian group here gave me a surprise wedding shower many years ago...fun times...

Abigail Jasmine said...

Ohh how I can't wait until we get some heat! Will be nice! :)
Enjoy your new cooler!

Wow!! Beautiful henna as well!
I cannot wait to get a real henna tattoo while in India!!
Your sister's henna design is gorgeous.

Also, I use Photoshop to edit my photos..My husband makes films, so it's there at my use!

God Bless
~LoVe

Gerry said...

Interesting info about henna. All the ladies when I was growing up hennaed their hair! There was this one town with so many who had been doing it for years I don't think they knew what their real color was! I can relate to getting ready for the heat. Fortunately we now have a good air conditioning system in our building. I got along with swamp coolers for years. Would generally turn them off at night and open a window. Still very hot though. I was startled to see your header. So Monday is the day for this.

Amrita said...

Yes ladies henna is really cool.

Hi Abby your zest and enthusuasm for life really bless me. You guys are great photographers.

Do get henna done when you come to India. You can choose your design. The only thing is that you hav to wait till it dries.

BTW don 't come to India in the summer.Its just too hot. Oct- Feb are good months.

Kate said...

Those are BEAUTIFUL hennas! I feel faint! I'll get one when summer comes.

David C Brown said...

I'm afraid it's back to the snow here!

I prefer the incorruptible ornament of a meek and quiet spirit to the henna!

Robin said...

As always, God bless you for what youve shared-touches my heart.

Holly, the Old Western Gal said...

Although I love the smell of the aspen pads used in the swamp coolers, I am addicted to my precious refrigerated air!

I hope they will not do so many power cuts on you. I wonder if it is the heat blowing the transformers up. We get that here once it goes over 100.

The henna is something else!

Glennis said...

The henna tattoos are lovely a great thing to take home alright.
Wonderful Biblical quote.

Amrita said...

Hi Abigail, that my cooler is not new, this picture is just from the Internet. Mine is 5 years old and its screws have broken and I have to use sticky tape to keep it together and I use a rubber band to keep my cell phone together. Ha-ha-ha!

Amrita said...

Oh yes Holly transformer do blow out in the heat, or some one steals the trans oil etc. One has to be prepared to face the worst.

Pat said...

We had one of those desert water coolers in our first apartment when we lived in Texas. We were so thankful when our landlord had it put in! That Texas heat is very intense!
When I was a child, my mother often colored her hair with henna, it was such a pretty redish brown.
Try to stay cool!

Amrita said...

Aspen pads in the cooler sounds wonderful Holly. We use a nice smalling dry grass called khus.One can also spray the grass with scents of their choice.

Pat its so nice to hear that in the US women use henna.

N Abram said...

Hiya Amrita, I love reading those verses again and again. Your comment is so true too. Today is the start of my Easter holidays! Have a very good end of week. God bless x Nicky