Tuesday 9 March 2010

Maria could have sung this

I got this from sweet friend SITA. Its such a laugh.

Well, my friend Carol-Ann did some research and found out tha t Julie Andrews is 75 and she did not sing this song (see comment box)
But just for laughs you can enjoy singing it to the tune of "My Favorite Things"

(Sing It!)

- If you sing it, its especially hysterical!!!
Botox and nose drops and needles for knitting,

Walkers and handrails and new dental fittings,

Bundles of magazines tied up in string,

These are a few of my favorite things.

Cadillacs and cataracts, hearing aids and glasses,

Polident and Fixodent and false teeth in glasses,

Pacemakers, golf carts and porches with swings,

These are a few of my favorite things.

When the pipes leak, When the bones creak,

When the knees go bad,

I simply remember my favorite things,

And then I don't feel so bad.

Hot tea and crumpets and corn pads for bunions,

No spicy hot food or food cooked with onions,

Bathrobes and heating pads and hot meals they bring,

These are a few of my favorite things.

Back pain, confused brains and no need for sinnin',

Thin bones and fractures and hair that is thinnin'

And we won't mention our short shrunken frames,

When we remember our favorite things.

When the joints ache, When the hips break,

When the eyes grow dim,

Then I remember the great life I've had,

And then I don't feel so bad.


(Ms. Andrews received a standing ovation from the crowd> That lasted over four minutes and repeated encores. )



Some flowers from our garden






This is the flowering kachnar tree.The flowers are very fragile and last only a very short time when plucked.


In Hindi poetry the beauty of young girls is compared to the kachnar blossoms.



MISGUIDED MISSILE


A new stray kitty tried to enter my kitchen while I was cooking Sunday lunch.

I shooed her out. But she gained entry through the front porch. Poor kitty didn 't know Sheeba lived here..

She desperately wanted to escape through the window mesh.I took Sheeba aside and Kitty beat a hasty retreat.

10 Fertilize my soul:

Nancy said...

Very good getting the camera in time Amrita...great shots ! Poor kitty...

Holly, the Old Western Gal said...

Oh, poor poor kitty! She looks so very thin...Sheeba was a good girl not to chase her.

I can't hardly believe Julie Andrews is 69. Doesn't seem possible.

Amrita said...

Hi Nancy, I actually sequested the poor confused kitty while I got out my camera.

Yes, Holly Sheeba missed her otherwise it would have been WW 3. LOL

Yeah Julie Andrews is 69, she 's so radient.

the mother of this lot said...

I can just imagine Julie Andrews singing this song!

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Who could ever forget the Sound of Music and Julie Andrews. She has been a part of our lives and we used to relish with gusto all the beautiful songs in that award winning movie. My favorite song in the Sound of Music is Climb Every Mountain. It is a challenging and inspiring song that inspires us all to overcome all mountain of problems in our lives. You have wonderful photos of your beautiful garden complete with gorgeous flowers. Poor kitty. She must have been so scared out of her wits. Thanks for the post. God bless you always.

Felisol said...

Funny, I somehow thought Ms. Andrew must be more than nine years older than me. Sound of Music is stone old.
I love the video though and enjoy singing along.
The new version of favorite things i s more appropriate for my mother than me, I hope..
Never say never. I have broken a dozen bones the last ten years.
And my mother has taken up knitting and baking this last year. She is so full of energy.
Makes me laugh.
From Felisol

Pat said...

I love the geriatric version of
the song! I can relate to some of it, but not all yet...thank goodness!
Your flowers are so pretty, it gives me hope for our Spring to arrive. I can't wait till they start blooming here!

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Hi Amrita! Well, this was indeed funny, but, interestingly (as is so much on the net) not TRUE!

Julie Andrews was born in 1935 so that makes her 75 years old this year.

Also, if you check out this site, (http://www.snopes.com/humor/iftrue/andrews.asp) it has been researched that this whole thing was a hoax -- Julie never sang that song!

Still, the song has merit to be sung for laughs and happy-heartedness at a senior's social!

Amrita said...

Thank you for this note Carol-Ann. Maybe someone just wanted to popularize that ditty so they pinned itn to Julie Andrews.
Anyway its a good laugh.

Amrita said...

Felisol your mother is a shining example . She is an overcomer. She "d laugh this song away I know.