Tuesday 26 April 2011

Easter Events in Pictures

On  Maundy  Thursday  the  V  family visited  us.
There  were  on  a short  holiday  in Allahabad.
T ,a younger  brother  in Christ studied, grew in
the Lord  and  worked  here for many years.
He  studied abroad, came   back and  married 
a lovely girl from  Germany.
T and  A  are  like family.
They  have  3  boys and
live in a  hill  town in  the  Himalayas.
They brought  us  Darjeeling Green  Tea
from there.
T & A left  Allahabad  about  10  years  ago.
Our  home  was  like a
refuelling and  relaxing  place  for  them.

Their  boys  are  doing   the  same.
They  enjoyed  playing with  Sheeba.

You should  have  seen them  eating sour
green mangoes  with  salt.
Their   mum  loved  our  grapefruit  and  lemons.

In  the  Thursday Communion Service
we  had a  special visitor.
An old  lady in  her  80s.
She  was  born in a Christian home,
but  married  a non Christian
and  adopted  his  religion.
Her  son  and  daughter in law
attend  our  church and were
recently baptized.
That  must  have  stirred this  old  lady 's 
spirit and she  came  to  church
after  decades.
Do pray for  her,
May she  make a  confession  of  faith.
We  call her  Ammaji
(mother ).

On Good Friday I spoke
on  the first  and fifth last
statements of Christ from
the  cross.
Preparing  the  messages
was a great  blessing  to  me.



 On Easter I wore  my  Grandma 's sari.
It  must  be  40 -50  years old.
After  church we  had  fellowship  with Easter buns
and cold drinks.
 My cousin and  her  kids  visited  on Easter  evening.
We are  praying  for  the  salvation
of  this  family.

We served  them  dessert of  cheesecake
and  ice cream.

Tonight I  made Korean pancakes.
I replaced  the  traditional Korean
ingredients with green onion,
fresh coriander and chicken.
Korean Pancakes  called Pajeon
Check recipe HERE

10 Fertilize my soul:

Nadwrażliwiec said...

Darjeeling Tea... I love it! It was black or green tea? I see You had blessed time :)

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I enjoyed this post Amrita and I love the picture of you, you are a lovely lady.

FlowerLady

Felisol said...

Dear Amrita,
One more great post. I can't help being amazed about what a rich and colorful life you are an important part of. You are hospital and thereby get to meet lots of great people, not to speak of the angels following.
Will pray for Ammaji and salvation of the young, smiling kids.
Good bless you for being such a great servant.
from felisol

Donetta said...

Hello dear friend
How I do hope that your holiday was a refreshing time.
It is a good thing to be hospitable. Giving them rest is a priceless gift.
My MILove said hello and that she was thinking of you. Your name on her lip on Saturday. I am sorry of my little presence here. A time in my life of a bit of solitude.
Eat a green mango for me :)
Peace and a warm hug to you.

Terry said...

dear amrita..this is exactly what easter celebration should be, with jesus right in the midst of you!
mama looks so great and so happy to have everyone around her!
the food looks so good...you know i don't really care for pancakes but wow!.. with the ingredients that you use, i think that i just might!
amrita i am going to pray for ammaji..the lord will save her..my gramma golden was reached when she was about 72.
thank you amrita for such a godly and encouraging post!
WHERE was sheeba though..ha! if you find him, give him a pat on the head and give mama a hug from me...love terry

ps..i shall call ammaji mother too because her name is too hard to say!..god knows!

Amrita said...

Thank you for your sweet words friends.
Dear Zim, Darjeeling tea is green tea. You boil water and soak the leaves for a while - strain and drink it without milk and sugar. I am sure you can get it in Poland.

Hi Donetta, I made mango pickle, hot chutney and now I will make sweet mango chutney.I am giving away loads.

Hi Terry, my friend Tigi took pix of the boys playing with Sheeba, I must ask him to pass some to me.

Nadwrażliwiec said...

We in Poland have mostly black teas from Darjeeling - green is very rare.

Anonymous said...

We can get Darjeeling tea here and its very good...love your photos of the precious families.....and you look so lovely in your mothers sari...will have to check out the Korean pancakes..sound good...my SIL is Korean...

Amrita said...

Thank you Dani.

Black tea is good too Zim.

Starting from today we have a Pastor 's daughter come and stay with us from 11 am to 4.30 pm. The Pastor and his wife are attending their church council meetings , so Ruth or Pinky comes to us,

Actually Pinky is a grown up woman, but she is physically and mentally challenged.A very sweet girl with a mind of a child.

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Those are beautiful friends who visited you after so many years. Your home is like a haven for people and beasts who seek shelter in your bountiful garden. Souls and stomachs are filled when people and animals visit your place. God bless you more for that. Thanks for the post. God bless you always.