Sunday 10 April 2011

Sunday Blessings - Lessons I Learnt Last Week

Each  day provides  new  opportunities  to learn  valuable   lessons  of  life,  I want  to  share some   I learnt  this  past  week.
Truths which  are   strong  and enduring  as  these  ancient  historical monuments I have  taken  from Ashish and   Megan 's  album.

May  these  sights  of  India  entice  you  to  visit my  great  country. You are  welcome  to  stay  with  me  if  you  come  to  Allahabad. Instead  of  luxury I can offer  you  love.












Lesson  # 1  from  Proverbs 9 ((Old  Testament)

7 Whoever corrects a mocker invites insults;
whoever rebukes the wicked incurs abuse.
8 Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you;
rebuke the wise and they will love you.
9 Instruct the wise and they will be wiser still;
teach the righteous and they will add to their learning.

Lesson   #  2
A man  who  wants  to  lead  the  orchestra  has  to  keep  his  back  towards  the  crowd. - Max  Lucado

Lesson  #  3 from Joni 's  devotional which I have  reproduced  below.                                             

Consider It Pure Joy

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because
you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance."
--James 1:2-3

A trial is not just an assault to be withstood, it is an opportunity to be seized.
And this little verse in James is intended to inspire, showing us that trials are
opportunities to prove our love and enhance our faith. With this perspective, life
becomes inspiring-not in spite of the trials but because of them

The soldier who is called to the front lines is stimulated at the chance to prove
his skills. The officer who is given a position of higher responsibility is roused
by the rugged demands of his task. You and I are soldiers in the same way. If you
are tempted to slack off from praying and instead you remain faithful, your faith
develops perseverance. If you are tempted to feel sorry for yourself, you instead
start thinking of the needs of others, and your character becomes refined. The result?

An improved you with greater faith, and a closer fellowship with the Savior.
And this is where the joy comes in!
It's going to happen to you scores of times today. God may test you. The Devil may
tempt you. And you decide the outcome. Because you can choose to either backslide
or advance. You can either fudge the truth or stand firm on the facts. When it happens,
consider each test and temptation an opportunity to be seized, a chance to prove
your faith. Your goal? A closer friendship with God.


Prayer
Lord, my lifetime on earth will be the only chance I will have to prove my faith,
to show You how much I love You. When I go to heaven, the chance will be gone. Help
me to consider it pure joy to face each trial as a glorious opportunity to be seized.

Blessings,
Joni and Friends

www.joniandfriends.org [http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?llr=wegf9sbab&et=1104461647440&s=55376&e=0018ZeoM9VGzzigCDVBDXAdT71Hgn5e8Wf_0cylQJ-gMSZVG07IbIasyzqPkxwD4ODaWGHXOYl4GvAjw

What   lessons   did  you  learn  this  past  week?

8 Fertilize my soul:

Mari Nuñez said...

Amrita, I am going through many trials, and this past week I spent explaining to my husband that there a reason for these trials and it is for the growth of our faith.

This is a beautiful post, thanks.

Amrita said...

In my younger days, trials an d hardships made me question God an d leave his side for a while, but as went on I learnt the value of trials.

May th e Holy Spirit minister to your soul - remember Jesus and the Holy Spirit are praying for you dear sister. Be encouraged. i will pray for you too.

Felisol said...

Dear Amrita,
Thanks for bringing wisdom, just this very day.
When I am week, then I am strong, Paul says. Then I must become very strong today..
From felisol

Mari said...

Hi Amrita,
Thanks for stopping and visiting my blog. I really enjoyed looking at your pictures. My niece recently spent 5 months in India. She was in Dehli, working as a Social worker in an home for people with Autism. It was a great experience for her.
The lessons you shared are all good to hear!

Hold my hand: a social worker's blog said...

Dear Amrita,
You posts are so full of wisdom. You are a beautiful lady, inside and out, and God's presence is in your words and stories.

The pictures are priceless!

Doris

Amrita said...

Dear Nurse Mari ( I have another blogfriend called Mari)thenk you so much for coming. I love your beautiful blog an d photos

Amrita said...

Thank you Felisol. I receive such blessing, grace an d joy from your writing and photos. Yesterday, My Mom 's friend was admiring Serina 's photo I have displayed in my living room and I told her about you all.

Amrita said...

Dear Doris, you are teaching me patience and wisdom - your daily stories make a deep impression on me.