Monday 4 April 2011

A Roaring Lion




Today  as  I   was   handling   a  church  business  matter  an unknown  man  threatened  and challenged  me  and  tried  to  intimidate  me.

He  appeared to  be   anti- Christian  and  mentally  deranged.

After  assessing   the  situation I withdrew from there because  I thought  it  was  best  not  to  respond to  a  person with  evil  and mischievous  intentions.

I  know  he  was  sent  by  the  devil  to  threaten  me. I  feel  that   very  strongly. It  was  like  the   opposition  Nehemiah   faced when he  was  building  the  walls. Like  the abuses Jezebel showered  on  Elijah.

My faith and courage  is  being  tested  and   I  will not  turn  back.

In India  women are  not  secure and Christian women more  so.

I ask for  prayers  for  protection and safety - a hedge  of   angels  all  around  our church campus. Wisdom ,  courage and spiritual  strength.

I  will not  give  in to the devil 's  threats. I   have  faced  criminals  before and  God  has  protected  me and  the  entire  church  campus. 

The  Lord   brought  the  following scriptures  to  me as  I  reflect   upon the  disturbing incident.

1 Peter 5
6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time;

7 casting all your anxiety upon him, because he careth for you
8 Be sober, be watchful: your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour,
9 whom withstand stedfast in your faith, knowing that the same sufferings are accomplished in your brethren who are in the world.

10 And the God of all grace, who called you unto his eternal glory in Christ, after that ye have suffered a little while, shall himself perfect, establish, strengthen you.  (New  Testament -ASV)
+++++++++++++++++

Ephesians 6:12


For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places
(New  Testament - KJV)
 
(The  photos  were  taken by  Ashish  and Megan  on their  Agra  tour)

28 Fertilize my soul:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Dear Amrita ~ May you feel the loving Power and Strength of Jesus, who is God Almighty, surrounding you at all times.

Love, hugs and prayers ~ FlowerLady

Nina in Portugal said...

Praying for you Amrita.....please be careful.

Amrita said...

Thank you dear Nina and Flowerlady. Your prayers will provide cover for us. I am not afraid of th e toothless lion - he can only roar at my face that 's all.

John Cowart said...

May you have that wisdom from Above.
Good for you, Amrita. You're on the right track.
John

Sita said...

Who is he that challenges the Lord's elect? There is none like our God. May He show His glory in His protection of you and your family and your resources.

David Edward said...

Jeremiah 29:11

Maria Stahl said...

Excellent idea, to pray for a hedge about the church property (and its members). Praying!

Crown of Beauty said...

Amrita,
I am praying for God's hedge of protection to surround you always.

Love
Lidj

ReJoyce said...

Rom 8:37-39 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[m] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Joining in the prayer for a hedge of the Lord's sweet protection around you.

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hello Amrita,

I am not at all happy to read this.You are living in a place where people are antagonist to Christians. I admire your mental strength and courage to face these enemies surrounding you. You are a really a very brave person.

Since I am living in a place where there is a sizable Christian population, I am shocked to read this post because such things will not happen here. We have religious tolerance here. There are places here where you will find a Church,mosque and temple all standing close to each other. Many Hindus visit Christian churches and pray.

Lovely photos.

I pray to God to give you courage and strength to face this enemy who is threatening you.
Joseph

Terry said...

dear amrita..i just read this now after i came from the sisters and i will be steadfastly praying for you.
that old devil will not get the upper hand on you!...that wicked man is just being used by him for sure...you are on the winning side and to tell you the truth, i just shows me what confidence the lord has in you amrita..he really does trust you!.....love terry

James 5:16 "The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much."

Mrs. Mac said...

My dear sister in Christ. May God put a hedge around you and your church to combat the futile attempts of the devil. Be strong in Christ.

Love,

carolyn said...

I am praying for your protection, dear sister.

Sandy said...

I am praying for your safety and
peace, sister, a hedge of protection
and a wall of fire around you and
yours and the church.
Love,
Sandy

Pat said...

I join all the others in prayer for you Amrita. May you walk with assurance as you know that you are walking within that hedge of protection. May the Lord give you peace and assurance that He is always protecting you and the entire church body! If God is for you, who can be against you?!!!

Buttercup said...

Adding my prayers. For older women -- and I certainly count myself in that group -- the world is not a safe place. I go out daily in a cloak of prayer and send one to you, too, my sweet friend!

Amrita said...

Dear ReJpyce, thank you for sending me this scripture. I welcom e you to my blog. I tried finding your pagebut couldn 't.

Amrita said...

Dearest Buttercup. Pat, Sabdy,

Caorlyn, Mrs Mac , Terry, lidj, Maria, Sita an d John and David,

Thank you so much for prayers and encouraging words. They mean a lot to me.

Anonymous said...

Dearest Amrita, my heart aches that you are treated this way. Daily prayers and thoughts are offered up for you and your family. Love, Sally

JI said...

Hi Amrita,

Sorry to hear about this. There are plenty of anti-Christian elements in India. I know of one Christian couple here who lived in UP and had lots of trouble there. I hope no harm comes to you.

JI.

Debra said...

Amrita, I will be praying for your safety as well. God bless and be with you my friend!

Vilisi said...

Oh Amrita, I am so sorry that this happened to you. You were so wise not to react but withdraw instead. I am certainly going to be upholding you and your church in prayer as well.God bless you brave sister, and may God hide you in the shadow of His wings and keep you as the apple of His eye. No weapon that is fashioned against you shall prosper.
love & prayers,
Vilisi

Hold my hand: a social worker's blog said...

Oh my God, Amrita,
You are a wise and courageous lady, and you have the Lord as your protector. What an example of determination and Faith you are to us!

Please, be careful. I will keep you in my prayers, my sweet friend.

Doris

Julia Dutta said...

Not to worry dear friend - barking dogs never bite! But we do know that statement is wrong, because in India they have shown extreme animosity. But if he was deranged, then leave it to the Lord. To tell you the truth, I find EVERY one who opposes good work done in the Lord's House, deranged, if you know what I mean.

Take care and love,
Julia

Nadwrażliwiec said...

Oh, dear... I'm so sorry :( I remembered about You in my prayers today and yesterday. It is hard to be Christian woman in Asia. You must be strong. You are blessed in this difficult time.

Felisol said...

Dear Amrita,
I am praying for a hedge protecting you, your home, family and church.
I like when you are looking back, confirming that so far the Lord has been helping. He will continue to do so.

Anonymous said...

I just read your post as we were gone yesterday....dear Sister...you are in my prayers constantly for just such an occurrence...take care, dear one....

Amrita said...

Thank you so much for your prayers an d concern. The Lord used this incident to build up my faith.