Wednesday 25 June 2008

My Stress Busters

The following are my stress busters
Music
Reading
Cooking
Blogging and web surfing
Walking
Room fresheners and incense - aroma therapy.
Visiting with friends
My pets
Enjoying nature
When I was younger writing poetry was a way to release tension, but now I don 't write poems anymore.

What are your stress busters?
_______________
This is a cool video I stole from a friend 's blog. Even though I am going through a tough time ,this song brought a smile.



Please keep praying for us. Aunt Sybil is in not doing well. She is not suffering or in pain but is very very weak and not eating much she can 't express herself very well.Each hour brings a fresh challenge.It is very hard.I don 't have words to describe it.I am feeling very lonely as my dear sisters are very far away, I can only talk to them on the phone.
God is giving us grace.He does not leave His people.
Even though I walk through the valley of death. Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me.Psalm 23

22 Fertilize my soul:

regina barnett said...

Hi, Thanks for the sweet comment. Some my stress busters are just going outside doing some walk work, cleaning the house, reading, playing with the animals.

regina barnett said...

hups! yard work

Curious Servant said...

Hi Sis!

Hey, I figured out how to embed the high quality version of that video.

Snag the code off my blog if you like.

There are details you can't see in this one.

Love the video... I get a little down on the rough parts of life... This shows how people can be beautiful.

Curious Servant said...

Hi Sis!

Hey, I figured out how to embed the high quality version of that video.

Snag the code off my blog if you like.

There are details you can't see in this one.

Love the video... I get a little down on the rough parts of life... This shows how people can be beautiful.

Sita said...

Amrita, lifting you all up...I know it must be hard...Love, Sita

Dick said...

Hey Amrita you have so many Stress Busters, I have to think what mine are. One is biking and another ehhhh...blogging, what else?lol.
Have a nice week.

Terry said...

Dear Amrita...I just read your comment over at the pals and I feel so bad for you with these challenges of looking after your mom and Aunt Sybil.
Where would your dear aunt be without the loving care of you and your mom?
I have seen it so many times in my life where elderly people are just shoved into nursing homes and they never ever get any family visiting. Out of sight out of mind, but you have provided your aunt with at least a happy life. I know that it is awfully hard to look after older people and hard on your legs and back too and there you are doing it in the extreme heat also. And sometimes sleep is taken from you during the night.
I will definitely be praying for you Amrita. You have been so faithful in praying for everyone else! God bless you in your little corner of the world as you shine for Jesus!...Love Terry

PS I know that you would like to see pictures of the wedding.
Bernie and I are working on them and I will send you some soon Amrita...

Natalie said...

i love that video!

I am praying for you.

Simply Shelley said...

Hello Amrita, holding you and your family up in prayer...
Happy belated brithday to your dear Mom.

Blessings, Shelley

Felisol said...

Dear Amrita,
times are tough when you feel the burden of all responsibilities placed upon your sholders alone.
I keep praying that you may get some help and relief. In his time he will answer you.

If your Aunt Sybil does not eat, at least she should drink as much as possible. Clean water and smoothies are good.

Books
Feel good movies
Flowers
Gardening
Lavender oil
writing
Music, all kinds
Singing
Dancing alone
Chatting with friends and best of all; with my daughter
Making plans for traveling, house renovation, business ideas,etc with Gunnar
Hiking with my friends,
Drinking the odd glass of white wine late nights at the terrace
Playing guitar(one song each summer)
Painting
Walking bare footed on the grass
Watching the sunsets
Listening to the blackbird as the night turn into dawn
Philosophizing in the garden swing
These are a few of my favorite things

Writing this list, which could have been miles longer made me feel so very rich and happy.

We really should be counting our blessings more often.
Thank you, dear Amrita, for making me doing so.
From Felisol

Saija said...

riding my bike and weeding my garden ... :o)

and i loved the video ... thanx!

blessings on you as each day brings us closer to the Lord ... i mean that literally! ((hugs))

Terry said...

My stress busters are:
1..reading and writing to my blog friends! I love them so much because while I was growing up I had very few friends except for my brothers and sisters and my mom!
2. playing the piano
3. making CDs for Grampa Yade and making pictures and DVDs..
4. Going out for a coffee with my hubby.
....Love Terry

Julia Dutta said...

Dear Amrita,
The list is as follows:

Meditation
Walks
Reading
Writing
Being alone and silent
TV Newsn Channels
DIARY

I was outside the ICU for days when my surrogate mother, my masi was in - alone! I can't say how I faced the days because, I never felt alone surprisingly. But relative came and went. I slept on the one-foot wide bench using my rugsack as a pillow and this went on for days on end....

This post of yours reminded me of my own times, both with my mother as well as her sister who was my surrogate mother. I pray that you find strength in your difficult times, through this community of friends you have here and from the ones around you.

God Bless

Julia

Mrs. Mac said...

Dear Sis,

It's been forever and a day since I last visited. We've had company and soldier boy home from his Army duties. He leaves tomorrow. The strength one needs to take care of an aged ailing relative is great. Hoping that your stress relievers and the Lord's promises will get you through this difficult time. Hugs and many more hugs sent from across the seas.

My stress is relieved by: Getting plenty of sleep; eating chocolate :), gardening, walking through the woods smelling the warm pine scented air; swinging in the hammock, reading my Bible, praying; laughing, drinking tea ... taking a long bubble bath; aroma therapy, hugging my dog; picking wild flowers; baking cookies.

Hugs

Ash said...

Sleep
Tea
Music
Long Walks
Meditation
Chocolate cake
A long hot shower

Praise and Coffee said...

Worship music!!! And God's word.

Angie said...

So glad you have Him who turns mourning into dancing. That verse seems appropriate for this post. Praying for you and your family.

Our stress busters are very similar.

Curious Servant said...

Just checking in on you, Sis.

Prayed

Renae said...

Dear, sweet Amrita,

Reading your blog is a stress buster for me!

Also, putting my arms around my children and holding them close.

And singing to God when no one is around but me and my Lord.

I would say dancing, but I am so clumsy, I often end up twisting my ankle! LOL

Praying for you and yours, dear friend.

Renae said...

Oh, would you mind terribly if I put a link to this video on my blog? :-)

Pretty please?

--r

Sheryl said...

Stress busters:
prayer
music
blogging
praying for others

You are doing a wonderful thing for your aunt. I will pray God continues to carry you through this difficult time. And that somehow he will bring people so you won't feel so lonely.

-Sheryl

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Dear friend,

Here I read your suffering I did not know, I am so sorry that Anut Sybil is in pain.

i red today the bad news take car Amrita. My condoleances, its hard and painfull I understand.