Friday 27 June 2008

Safe in the Arms of Jesus

In the wee hours of June 26th, Anut Sybil slipped into the arms of her Saviour Jesus. She was taken peacefully in her sleep.
Family, friends and church people were contacted and we had the funeral yesterday afternoon. As per our custom we have the funeral within 24 hours unless we have to wait for people to travel a great distance.
It has been a very heavy 36 hrs time period for us. But we had the love and support of God 's people and most of all the presence and comfort of the Holy Spirit.
Thank you very much for your prayers.We need them all the more.

37 Fertilize my soul:

Aphra said...

I am sorry for your loss.

Sita said...

Amrita,
Strangely enough from across the ocean, I sensed that the prayer of release had been answered for Aunt Sybil..indeed she is safe in the arms of Jesus...but you and your Mom and relatives will still be dealing with loss and grief...May His comfort roll in like waves and cover you all...
I do love that pic of Jesus welcoming His child...May You also ave a picture of the Father beckoning you to rest a while in His palm, Amrita..you have been through a lot..
Love, Sita

Nancy said...

Oh Amrita, I am so sorry for your loss,and the grief of loosing Aunt S. I think when one is the care giver , the loss though expected is still a shock. May Jesus comfort and bless you and all your family .Oh for a sweet glimpse of who Aunt S. is now beholding. I am blessed by the loving way Jesus came for her ...so peacefully.
Well done, good and faithful Daugher Amrita.

Renae said...

Oh, dear Amrita, I am so sorry for your loss. Yes, she is in her Savior's arms. I'll be praying that you and your family feel his arms around you, as well, as you deal with her absence.

Curious Servant said...

Sis... Not sure what to say.

I don't want to say anything trite, or overly simple, or overly complex.

I guess... I'll just say you have been in my prayers and that I love you.

the mother of this lot said...

Eternal rest grant unto her O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon her. May she rest in peace.

My dear Amrita, I will pray that God will comfort you and your family in your sorrow, and keep you in His care in the days and weeks ahead.

valerie said...

Amrita,
I'm keeping you and your family in my prayers during this difficult time. May you feel His peace and His presence more now than ever.
Love,
Valerie

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Oh dear Amrita!
The title of this post has said it all. I lost a friend a few years ago and the circumstances of her death were particularly painful. The night before the funeral I had a dream in which that song, "Safe in the Arms of Jesus" was being sung over and over. There was nothing else in the dream that I can remember! It was such an unspeakable comfort and I pray that may be your experience in the days ahead! Love and blessings to you and your Mom!

Kate said...

Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss, Amrita!

I hope it comforts you that you gave her perfect and loving care up to the very end. I know that was a challenge to your patience many times, but you have vast reserves of kindness and love. I send my sympathy, but also my congratulations on making your aunt's life as happy and comfortable as you could.

Pat said...

Safe in the arms of Jesus....that is our desire. Your Aunt Sybil has now achieved what we all press on to gain one day.
What a wonderful niece you have been in your faithful caring for your aunt...you have worshiped the Lord in your care for her.
I will continue to hold you and your family up in prayer. Meanwhile, Aunt Sybil is rejoicing at the feet of Jesus!!

JO said...

I am very sorry for your loss. Knowing that she is in a better place doesn't always help your feelings of loss early on but later it will. My thoughts and prayers are will you and yours. Take Care.

Sheryl said...

Amrita-I'm so sorry for your loss. So glad you feel the comfort of the Holy Spirit.

Sheryl

Donetta said...

Well now Sister, She is standing by the right hand of God interceding for you day and night. Think of the gratitude for the love you have shown her. I know she smiles upon you. She rests now and so can you rest now from your loving labor on her behalf. Be gentle with yourself.

Julia Dutta said...

Dear Amrita,

My heart felt condolences....Yes, the long wait to reach Her Home is now over and she has been relieved of this body and is at peace at last.

Dear Friend, take care of yourself too.

Julia

regina barnett said...

My heart goes out to you..It's so painful when you lose a love one..but it is so conforting to know that she is in heaven with her father.

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hello dear Amrite,

So sorry for the lost of Anut Sybil , my condoleances to you.

I pray for you and you are in my heart dear friend, take care,

With Love JoAnn

Sara said...

i am so sorry, but yet joyous for your sweet aunt. prayers and hugs to you my sister.

Saija said...

along with your other blogging buds, i too am sorry for your loss - but rejoice at your aunt's gain - HEAVEN and JESUS ... such blessed assurance ... may your remember where your aunt is when your heart starts to feel heavy ...

the burden has been lifted at Calvary ... thank you dear Lord ...

Joyfulsister said...

Aloha Amrita, Sending my Love and ((((Hugz)))). I know she was blessed to have you not just as a caregiver, but a giver of Love, and most importantly a giver of God's Love.


A friendly word can mean so much,
A kindly deed, an encouraging touch.
If I could but reach across the miles,
To give you a hug, or to bring a smile.
Would it lift the spirit, strengthen the heart,
To hear, I'm sorry for your loss though we're far apart?
My friend, these are only simple things,
But there are times when they make us sing.
Sometimes our days with pain are filled,
To just make it through takes all our will.
And so, my friend, I send to you,
These humble words, though they are true.
Words of hope, my thoughts and prayers,
That you would know that someone cares.

Natalie said...

amrita,
so very sorry...

praying for peace and comfort

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Amrita,
Condolence for the death of your aunt Sybil. She is now in the glorious presence of the Lord. I will be praying for you and your household that the Lord will give you sufficient grace and strength to overcome this latest trial in your lives. Let the abiding love of the Holy Spirit comfort you all in your hour of grief. Thanks for the post. God bless you all.

Simply Shelley said...

Dear Amrita, I am so very sorry for the loss of your dear Aunt Sybil. What a comfort to know she is resting safely in the arms of our Savior. You are sure to have a star in your crown for the service and love you gave her. I pray God comfort you and your Mom through his Holy Spirit,and give you much strength to bear her loss.

That which you have lost is Heavens gain.......

Thank you so much for praying for my DD.

Blessings,Shelley

Angie said...

Dear Amrita, I too am sorry for your loss, but take comfort with you that she is safe in the arms of Jesus. Praying for your family's strength and that you would feel His strong comforting presence.

Mrs. Mac said...

Dear Sis,

My heart is rejoicing with the angels as your Aunt Sybil is at the feet of Jesus. Now, as you regain your strength from taking care of her, you will again find your joy in living. Hugs from far away.

Anonymous said...

i'm so sorry for your loss, amrita. but be comforted in the thought that aunt sybil is with our Lord Jesus now.

Lord, i pray for comfort and strength for aunt sybil's family and friends. in Jesus' name, amen.

Roo said...

that's hard. i'm so sorry to hear of your loss. praying for comfort for you and all those close to aunt sybil.

Amrita said...

Thank you beloved. Your prayers and love has been such a comfort to us.
Please pray for my Mama, she is unwell.

Tori Leslie said...

Amrita,

I'm so sorry for your loss, but what a celebration in heaven a child has come home!

My prayers are with your and your family, praying for God's grace to abound in this difficult time.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog, now I have found you!

Felisol said...

Dear Amrita,
my thoughts and my prayers have been with you in India these days.
Good for your aunt Sybil the she reached the goal and finished her race.
Good for you that my prayers for a vacation for you were delayed. I praise the Lord that his ways are higher than ours.
It would have been so sad for you not being there when she passed away.
I keep both you and your Mom in my prayers, as always.
Yours Felisol

Donetta said...

Miss you, love you and hope that you are alright.

donna said...

praying for you Amrita...

donna

monsoon dreams said...

amrita,
be comforted,sister.
i shall keep u in my prayers.

Gudl said...

Only just now did I read about your Aunt's passing. I am very sorry for your loss, but thank God we know where she is!!
You have been a very good niece to her.

Terry said...

I am so sorry Amrita...Love Terry

John 11:35
Jesus wept.

Rebecca said...

Amrita..I know this is late coming but I have been away and when I do get on the net just posting to Facebook......as it is quicker for photos etc....but I am sorry to hear this news ...be blessed as you navigate the new season. and my condolances to you and your mother

nvittal said...

Amrita,
I'm so sorry to hear about it.
We all cross the river one day, don't we?

Scott R. Davis said...

what a lovely picture and testimonial of your aunt. peace to your family. scott

www.scottrdavis.blogspot.com