Saturday 22 August 2009

O Love that Will Not Let Me Go

My dear friends I want to thank you for
praying for Namrita.
I called her up in the morning
and she sounded much better.
She said she felt weak and there was
a throbbing in her head.
but she she felt better.
She told me , on Friday night
she felt a Presence enter her room and draw out the pain
and sickness from her body.
She has never felt this way before.
It was such an amazing thing.
" When you were in trouble,you called
and I saved you
I answered you with thunder"
Psalm 81:7

We are convinced this is the Lord 's doing.
It was the time when family and friends
were interceding for her.
Please continue to pray for Namrita,
her husband Marak and boys,
Mishael and Rayguel.
May the Lord cause all of them
to be conformed into His image.

God will whisper. He will shout.
He will touch and tug.
He will take away our burdens;
he 'll even take away our blessings.
If there are a thousand steps
between us and him,
he will take all but one.
But he will leave the final one for us.
The choice is ours.
Please understand.
His goal is not to make you happy.
His goal is to make you his.
His goal is not to get you what you want;
it is to get you what you need.
And if that means a jolt or two,
to get you in your seat,then be jolted.
Earthly discomfort is a glad swap
for heavenly peace.
Jesus said ,
"In this world you will have trouble,
but be brave!
I have defeated the world"
John 16;33

(Max Lucado -A Gentle Thunder)
We had a very nice Friday fellowship meeting
last night at Aunt Virginia 's house.
A young man spoke on Acts chapter 4.
The last few verses where we are told
how Christians sold their belongings and land
and pooled in their money to meet
each other' s needs and shared
their resources.
It was a great reminder to us
to live for one another
and share each other 's burdens.


These teapots are so cute.
The pumpkin teapot is a creation
of Dame Penni, my dear artist friend.
The rose pot is from the web.

18 Fertilize my soul:

Felisol said...

Dear Amrita,
I thank the Lord for answering "with thunder".
It's both good and sad; we need to be in desperate need so that God can reveal his greatness.
All his everyday blessings I'm afraid I take for or less for granted.
Now I'll go back and thank him for all his good deeds to me as well.
From Felisol

Sheryl said...

glad to hear she is feeling better.

thank you for that reminder from the book of acts. our resources are NOT for us to get more but to be able to help more.

ChrisB said...

I'm so glad your sister is feeling a little better.

Julie said...

I am glad she is feeling better. What a cute teapot.

Buttercup said...

Adding my prayers for Namrita and family.

Saija said...

so glad that she is feeling better! leo suffers from migraines as well, and i know how they can take a whollup out of a person!

blessings on you !

Amrita said...

Thank you so much my dear friends

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

I am so glad to hear Namrita is feeling better. The symptoms are very worrisome but at least she felt that presence and has had some relief! Will continue to hope, think and pray for Namrita and all of your family...and YOU, dear Amrita!

Amrita said...

My dear friends, I talked to Nmarita on Sunday evening (our time)she was sounding stronger and said she was able to eat some paneer with potatoes (cottage cheese). That 's good news as earlier she was unable to swallow hardly anything and was on a semi liquid diet.

madison said...

So glad to hear your sister's doing better!

Becka said...

WONDERFUL that she is better,
love the way you give God all the glory..

It is all Because of him....


You may visit anytime you like..
Thanks for stopping by,
thats all I want to do the rest of my life,in all I do is give him the glory !!!

David Edward said...

Your heavenly Father loves you so much.

Simply Shelley said...

Hello Amrita,so thankful your dear sister received a touch from the Mastors hand...my DIL had almost the same trouble this week with a migraine but,she too is feeling better now...God is good...I loved reading "A Gentle Thunder.
Have a blessed week...

Amrita said...

Thank you, Becka, Shelly, David and Madison.

God 's lovingkindness is better than life. My sister needs deep inner healing too, please pray for too.

I love Max Lucado. A blog friend sent me 2 of his books which are such a blessing, as they are not available here.

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

Hi Hon,My prayers go out to your friend.I'm so happy she is doing better.I also feel that prayers help.I've been ill myself,so I know.XXOO Marie Antionette

Crown of Beauty said...

Awesome answer to prayer. Yes, it is the Lord who showed up and brought healing to your sister.

Praise God...

I thank Him for His answer to prayer.

Love
Lidj

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Amrita,
I'm so glad that your sister- Namrita is feeling well and has been a recipient of God's miraculous presence and healing. Praise the Lord for all His goodness to your sister and her family. We will continue to pray for them and for you as well. The verses by Max Lucado was really very inspiring. And the teapot is simply adorable and exquisite. Thanks for the post. God bless you always.

Carol-Ann Allen said...

So glad to see the updates! Praise the Lord!