Thursday 20 August 2009

Prayers Needed


Please pray for my younger sister Namrita, who lives with her husband and 2 young sons in Meghalaya (North eastern state), thousands of miles from us.

She has been diagnosed as having chronic migraines.And the doctor treating her put her steroids without informing her. That really worsened her condition and she is practically bed ridden since Tuesday (Aug 18th). I got an email from her son telling me this as she was unable to talk to me. Then I called her up.
Her throat is swollen, gums hurt and she can barely swallow anything. Apart from weakness and the pain.
Another doctor has taken her off the steroids now. She needs to recover from that. Namrita has a thyroid issue too.
She will be travelling to Guwahati (Asam) to consult another doctor, in a few day 's time.
Please pray for her. My sister has had a lot of struggles in life.

22 Fertilize my soul:

Felisol said...

Dear Amrita,
I'm praying for your sister.
From Felisol

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

This a awful news, but I am so glad she is going to see a different doctor. Poor Namrita! I hope her husband will be more supportive of her during this ilness.

It's hard to be far away from loved ones, and with no money to help them, either.

Amrita said...

Thank you felisol and Penni.

God hears the prayers of His children.

I miss my baby sister a lot.

There was a time when her marriage was on the rocks....her husband 's meaness and unfaithfulness to her. But she never opened her mouth to share, wanting to submit to her husband in the middle of crisi. Sonia and I wrenched her secrets from her.

We fasted and prayed for many months and hubby 's cold heart began to melt. Now he is better, at least financially supports her. We are trusting God will change him completely one day.

I can 't share this openly. My sister is a fragile soul.

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hi Amrita:)

I am extremely sorry to hear about your sister Namrita's ailments.

I offer my sincere and earnest prayers to the Almighty God to give her relief from this sickness.

My prayers and best wishes:)
Joseph

Sita said...

Father,
I lift up Namrita to You. I confess I get so angry when I learn of someone being victimized, because I, too, am a fragile soul and understand. So now, I call upon You, You who promises to rescue the downtrodden, the bereft of spirit. Do Your work, O God. Thank you for exposing that negligent medical care. I pray that You will oversee all care and meds prescribed for Namrita, and use them for her healing, for Your glory, Lord. Protect her from the schemes of the evil one. Send Your angels, earthly and heavenly, to minister to her body, soul and spirit.
You are able, O Lord. You have shown that time and time again. Show Your ability in Namrita, for your glory, I pray. I also pray that You will comfort Amrita and the rest of the family so closely tied in spirit. Speak peace into their distress.
Now to You, O God, Who is able to do so much more than we could ever imagine or ask for, to You, O Lord, be the glory forever.
In the mighty Name of Jesus, I pray, Amen.

Becka said...

We will be praying for you sister,

Donetta said...

Standing with you on her behalf

Crown of Beauty said...

Dear Amrita,
I am praying and trusting in the compassion of Jesus, for the healing of your baby sister.

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

I will pray for Namrita. By the stripes of Jesus she is healed. Have strong faith for your sister. There are so many who are praying with you in your struggle for your sister. Your faith has healed her. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering. Remember, the prayer of the righteous is powerful. Thanks for the post. God bless you always.

madison said...

I will be keeping her in my prayers.

Crown of Beauty said...

We don't put spinach in the chicken binakol. Here is a recipe you start with, from a Philippine website for Filipino food

http://www.pinoyrecipe.net/chicken-binakol-recipe/

Love
Lidj

Julia Dutta said...

Dear Amrita,
I pray from her recovery soom. he doctors have found a steroid now which they administer on anyone. My friend too had similar problems but has recovered now after many many days of real suffering. The entire GI Track was swollen in her case, can you imagine. She could not eat anything for days and was on IV fluids for three full days - Horrible!
Julia

Debra said...

So sorry to hear this. Will be praying she has comfort and healing soon!

Gigi said...

YOu have most certainly been on my mind and heart and in my prayers.

Sherri Murphy said...

Adding her name to my prayer list.

Amrita said...

Dear friends your responses brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for your prayers.

I called Namrita at about 5 pm and she was in much pain and crying. I was so disturbed. But I went to the church fellowship meeting and again at 10pm(5 hours later) I rang her up and she sounded much better. The pain has lessened she said but there is a nagging throbbing in her head. I was comforted hearing in a way, at least she could speak to me. Her blood prssure etc. is OK she said.

I have not told mother any of this, because she can 't take any alarming news,immediately she will fall sick. These days she is doing good. So I have to hide all this from her. Only my sisters and fmaily members and praying friends know.

Continue to pray please.

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Well, Amrita, I can empathize on a few things here: being really far away from your sister; the distress of migraine headaches; trying to figure out how to handle tough issues but having to protect the elderly at the same time; needing an intervention from the Lord in a difficult circumstance! That all is hard enough but adding the reality of harsh treatment from a family member into the mix is the heart-crusher!

Praying for each of you with love.
Carol-Ann

Gerry said...

Sorry to hear of your sister's troubles. You must be very concerned for her when she is so far away you can't go and check on her. I was glad to see a photo of your mother who seemed to be doing all right. I will be thinking of you and your sister. Gerry

Connie said...

Prayers being sent.
I ,too, suffer with migraines and take Imetrex,maybe thet have something like that she can take,I have low thyroid and take synthroid for it,so I know it's okay to take with that.Hope and pray she gets the help she needs.

Bluebirdy said...

I'm praying dear Amrita!!!! Migraines make you feel like you are in Hell! I am SO happy to hear she is off the steroids. I have horror stories of friends who are very sick from that medicine. It is also the drug of choice for lupus, but I would rather have lupus than the side affects of steroids. I will be praying dear Amrita that they will find her problem quickly and fix it, or that the Lord will just take them away.
Love, Sheila

Anonymous said...

Our prayers and best wishes will be there for you and each and every member of your family....we all pray for your younger sisters quick recovery...blessings!

ChrisB said...

I am so sorry to hear your sister is so poorly. I will prey for her speedy recovery.