Sunday 23 September 2007

Sunday Blessings ;On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand All Other Ground Is Sinking Sand

I was trapped in the Slough of Despond


But the Lord drew me out and satisfied me with His goodness.

Thank you friends for praying for me and sending me encouraging words.God has been good to me in helping me work through my tangled emotions.

On Saturday 3 Christian fellowship families visited us at different times of the day.And just chatting with them and having coffee and cookies together was like a healing balm. Everyone likes the coffee I make, its no magic, just the Nescafe ' instant. One of the army wives brought her 20 month old son along and I am like a grandma to the tyke.A real confidence builder!

Had a long talk with my sister and BIL in New Brunswick and they also comforted me, shared their experiences and asked me to be patient.I am feeling so much better now.

For lunch today I made a pan chicken roast with chicken rice, Dal ,poppadoms, yogurt , chapatis etc.And for supper I will make a banana stir fry with fresh coconut.

Today there is a Hindu religious street carnival (pre Dushshera mela) in one part of the city. But the sky is overcast . Hope the rain doesn 't spoil the fun.Our groundskeeper left early as he has to set up a road-side stall of games and toys for his landlord.
Mom has anounced that she going to watch the finals of Indian Idol tonight.The fight is between two young men from North East India.

16 Fertilize my soul:

Roo said...

i'm having problems posting a comment today but wanted to let you know i am glad you are feeling better. :) babies are good mediciene for a heavy heart, heh? if i was closer...i'd bring mine over for a visit. :)

shalom to you and love,

Donetta said...

I am so glad of the good comforts and fellowships given to you. I did not get your e-mail however I did get the comment. I am so glad Daddy man was able to help. It is amazing that we are over 8000 miles on earth away and only a breadth away in Him. I like that.

Rebecca said...

I am glad to read that you are feeling a bit better......but don't rush things..wounds take time to heal, both in the natural and the spiritual..take extra special care of yourself in the next few days....do some things that bring healing to your soul......for me that would mean listening to some sorts of music, or walking by the sea or going to look at my favourite cows (I know, that is nutty!!) for you, I don't know, but go for it anyway!

Anonymous said...

Some lovely shots there...It was so good to hear you are feeling so nice, which reflected in the words also...It is raining heavily here now and along with it Your recipes just brings water to my mouth....The Indian Idol final was very nice & Prashant had his way to the top!

Anonymous said...

that girl drinking from the jar is really a nice picture. glad you're feeling a lot better now. God bless.

Pijush said...

Yes Prashant won the Indian Idol, I a happy that you are feeling good. Take care, Nice reading this one.

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

How did the finals of Indian Idol end? which of the two young men from North East India won?

I am glad for you that you felt a little better on Sunday Amrita!

Talk some more with your sister, she understands you very well:)

Take care dear Amrita and have a great wonderfull week! HUGS

xx JoAnn :)

Roo said...

hi friend...just wanted you to know i am thinking about you. you are special.

surjit singh said...

A wonderful Picture. Beautiful blog. My best wishes.

Janet Jeyapaul said...

Dearest Amrita, your blogs only get better ...very well deserved awards I must say. What a lovely pi(t)(c)her!!! dabbling with algebra for a change!

Dick said...

I'm happy for you having a nice time and the photo is super. Very good.

Praise and Coffee said...

You're in my prayers girl! I know God has His hand on your situation. He is so faithful!

Sue

Dick said...

This is the second time I see this photo and I like it more now. For me it is one of the best photos I have ever seen.

Dick said...

Ahum...Here I am again I pressed the enter key to quick. Is it a photo of a painting or did you restyle it on the computer?

Amrita said...

Its a photo of a painting I uploaded from the internet. Its beaitiful isn 't it/

Dick said...

Yes it is very beautiful I like it a lot.