Sunday 30 September 2007

Sunday Blessings


Today a young man called Ujjwal gave the message in church. In his testimony he said he was a drug addict for 10 years.Wanting to kick the habit he went into rehab for a year. It was a very difficult time for him, but he came out of and dedicated his life to God and wants to serve Him.Praise the Lord!



Yesterday I baked brown bread. I used wheat, soya, chickpea,millet flours and Quaker Oates in it. And I threw in our garden honey and Maple Syrup (from Canada) with all the other stuff. Its my own recipe. It turned out really good.We had that with home made tomato soup.I got the picture from the web but my bread looks very similar.


Now I 've got a tandoori chicken in the oven for dinner.Its a spicy roast chicken which you can have with either rice or nan, vegetables , potatoes etc.I got the easy recipe from www.manjumalhi.co.uk her recipies are really good, and easy to make.

Its planting season, so in our garden we will put down potato,onions, garlic, ladyfinger, gourds (lauki, toorai) beans, cauliflower, cabbage,carrots, radish, beets, herbs, (fenugreek, coriander etc.) spinach, mustard and aniseed plus more. We 've already got some stuff in.Tomorrow I will go to buy fertilizers.The above picture was taken earlier this year.

12 Fertilize my soul:

Rebecca said...

Excuse my ignorance, but what is ladyfinger??

Donetta said...

What a wonderful post. How busy you have been. The gardening sounds so rewarding. I hope the peace has just encompassed you round about.

Kimmie said...

Hi Amrita!

We are enjoying the walk through your garden. Your bread sounds yummy! Honey from your garden? Do you keep bees? I have always wanted to be a beekeeper! (haven't convinced my dear Knight of that quite yet).

thank you for sharing...it is so neat to be able to take a peak across the world!

God is so good!

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted
(thank you for visiting my blog...I am excited to have a new Christian friend!)

Amrita said...

Dear Rebecca, ladyfinger is also known as okra, you must have had them in Kenya.

We used to keep bees but a virus got them. The honey is from the wold bees which sometimes nest in our garden. A tribe of nomads travel from place to place collecting honey. When they see a hive they collect honey from it.We pay them for extracting honey for us.

I lkie gardening but my mom is really dedicated to it. We have a man to help us. I like watering the plants and harvesting.

Praise and Coffee said...

Your cooking sounds just amazing!

Blessings,
Sue

Roo said...

mmmmmm -- amrita --- i am baking bread today. but i think your looks a lot better. definitely a lot healthier!! :)

thanks for sharing regarding your friend. i have a friend who is walking through similiar stuff!!

shalom....

Praise and Coffee said...

Hello Amrita!
I am giving away a praise CD from Hillsongs and some coffee. You are entered in the drawing!

Blessings,
Sue

nvittal said...

Wheat bread is good for health though I hate the taste! :)

Anonymous said...

Nice knowing about the young man, who has got rid of this deadly addiction. And also some of your delicious mouth-watering recipes. I simply can't wait for the evening meal now as also you must have a wonderful looking garden with those lovely looking fresh vegetables...Have a nice time!

Becky Wolfe said...

Just as you are planting - we are digging up to put our gardens to rest for the winter. My roses are still blooming mind you.

Always make me hungry with your meal descriptions. YUM! That bread sounds yummy and healthy.

Glad to hear about the young rehab graduate. I have a young friend who was on a similar path. A year in rehab and now he wants to be a pastor. God is so amazing!

surjit singh said...

After reading the post, I feel hungry but I like whole wheat bread with pineapple jam..
Thanks Amrita for sharing a good post.
Good luck.

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hi Amrita, Just looked at the picture and saw BROWN BREad< wow, i was surprised, but on the other hand... of course you have brown bread, I loe brwon bread ,

So you do like gardening too? I wonder if all the vegetables come out, they will taste better than from the store,

:)