Saturday 26 February 2011

All is Well

Dear  friends, God  is   so  good  to  us.My  nephew  Ash  (short  for  Ashish) and  friend  Megan  arrived   safely on  the  afternoon  of  Feb 24th.  Their    train was   2  and  1/2  hours  late and   I   received  then  at  the  train  station.While  I  was  waiting  I  took  some   photos  which  I   will  post  later  on.

Ash brought   us  lots   of  gifts ,  it   was   like  Christmas. The   best  thing  is  a  commode  raiser for  Mama.  Specialized  health care  equipment  is  not   easily  available   in  India  as  it   is   in  Canada.

Yesterday  Sonia arrived   with  her  son Abner -  and   so  we  are   having   a  mini  family  carnival. In  the  evening  we  went  to  a  very  posh   shopping   mall so  close  to my  house,  but  for   the  very  first  time.  I  never  thought   of  entering  it  before.  Megan  and  Ash  were  so   happy,  they  said  it  is  like  a mall  in  Canada. I  took   photos  with my  cell  phone.

Then  Ash ordered   lots  of   pizzas  from Dominoes. We  ate  so  much and   have  tons of  left overs  to  finish. Oh  we  are  just  enjoying   ourselves.

Megan  loves  Allahabad  and   our   food.  She  likes   our  cooking. And  praise  God  she  has  not  had  any   health or tummy  problems, I  was  worried  about  that. She  is  drinking  our  filtered  and  boiled  water  too.  She  loves  my  dal (lentil soup). This  morning  we  bought   a  Muslim style  curry  for  breakfast  with  nan,  , it   was  spicy but  Megan ate  it  and   enjoyed  it.

Ash  and  Megan  have  gone  to  take  a  tour  of  the  All Saints  Cathedral -a heritage  tourist  site  of   our  city. We  are  having  our  baths and  getting  ready . Later  on  we  will go  shopping in   the old  part   of  town.

In  the  evening  I want  us  to  go  to  the  Horticulture  and Flower  Show.  I  have  so  much  so  share.

Sonia 's  cough  is   better, but   she  looks  quite  weak. She  needs  a lot  of   rest which   is  impossible   for  her.

With  all the  activity  and   walking  my knees were  very strained  and  I  was  in  a  lot   of  pain. I  took  Ash 's  Tylenol capsules  but   they  did  not  work, this  morning  I  got  my  paracetemnol and  I  am some  better.Ha-ha!.


The  weather is  perfect,  we 've  had  some   rain  too.

Thank  you  for your  prayers.  Namrita  is  better  and  misses   us   all.  Ash  and  Megan  had   a  lovely  time  with  her family   for  6  days. They  are   taking a  lot  of  photos.
Wish  we were  all  together.

5 Fertilize my soul:

Carol-Ann Allen said...

A nice update, Amrita! It reads like an excerpt from Little Women or Jo's Boys! We know all the characters as if from a book and are relieved to know everyone is doing OK! :)

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hi Amrita,

I am not able to open my email and also face book accounts. I am unable to read my emails and make new postings on face book. I think it will take some time to sort out this problem.Probably I will have to start a new email Id and face book id.

However, my blog is ok and I will continue to post as usual.

Best wishes,
Joseph

Simply Shelley said...

Sounds like a wonderful time together with family...enjoy..can't wait to see the pictures...blessings dear Amrita...I know about the knee pain...it can be so painful...praying God's healing touch for you.

Nadwrażliwiec said...

Every day gives us gifts from God's hand. Jesus said also - "Is there a man, who will give the snake for the son, when his son will please for the fish?". Your post is so encouraged.

Julie said...

I have been reading through all the posts I missed while working this last week. I love your photos and love the train shots. I am glad your family made it and it sounds like you will have a great visit.