Sunday 6 February 2011

Sunday Blessings- Show Us The Father

Sometimes people come to our church campus with a desire to pray and find out more about Christ.
Two B.A. students came by wanting to pray and talk to us. Pooja (L) and Gauri (R) have deep faith in Christ but don' t have much knowledge about him. Gauri told us that she was critically ill and the doctors declared her dead but she came back to life. She believes Jesus healed her.

Mama in conversation with the girls. Please pray for them.

A Muslim businessman expressed his desire to read the Holy Scripture which he reveres. We gave him a scripture portion in the Urdu language ,he accepted it with great respect.
All the senior members of my family were literate in Urdu, a language similar to Arabic.
I can understand it although I can 't read it. Many Urdu words are incorporated into our everyday Hindustani . This Bible belonged to my Aunt.
I found several precious photographs tucked away in the Bible. In the collection above is my father in 1948 as a student in Lucknow. His birthday falls on Feb 13th. Below him is my grandma (his mother) my Dadi. I was very close to her, she cherished and nurtured me .She cooked a special dal for me because I was fussy about eating. When I was little and afraid to go to the bathroom alone, she accompanied me making sure I did not feel insecure. She was a very happy woman. In the bottom photo you can see my Mama and me. I must have been 11 or 12 years old then. We lived in a bungalow which had a large garden.


On the top extreme left (top photo)my Aunt Marjorie, (Dad 's elder sister) she was an educationalist and social worker. Below that is an scratched and rather damaged photo of all of us together having fun in the 80s.
It feels good to share these happy memories at a time when we feel lonely .
Do pray for our church ministry, we are very strategically placed in the heart of the city. We need strong leaders, skilled management, expertise and finances and most of all God leading guidance and protection to develop.
We want our campus to be a place
where the thirsty find water
the hungry find food
and the weary find rest for their souls.

15 Fertilize my soul:

monsoon dreams said...

Amrita,
I love seeing ur old snaps :-)
Below the snap of ur grandma,i can see only you,not mama.
How r u doing,dear?shall mail you :-)

Anonymous said...

I've been wondering what your out reach was like..so glad to hear about people coming to the Lord and scripture in their languages...will keep praying...we live in dark times.

Felisol said...

Dear Amrita,
The more I read about India, the more I understand about how important, yet fragile your church and its existence in Allahabad is.
I praise the Lord for having plaaced a wise and willing woman like you just there.
I will indeed pray for your church and the work of its leaders and the power of the Almighty to lead you through hardships to victory.
Amen.
From felisol

Nadwrażliwiec said...

It is wonderful, that Bible can be translated today on all languages of the Earth. I read a lot about translations in Africa, where progress is one of the highest. Muslims want to know real God. Today in our church we had guests too, most of them were from Roman Catholic Church. There is a lot of work, but Jesus helps us in it.

Amrita said...

May God 's kingdom advance in our area an d we can feel the Spirit moving. Thank you for your suportive comments.

Pray for protection an d dicerment.

Amrita said...

Dear Nina we are going OK.

Looking forward to your email

Mark n Misti said...

Amrita,

What a blessing your Ministry has been for so many! we will continue to pray for your ministry! Please stop by and check out my blog....I have posted a new story.

http://twocommonthieves.blogspot.com

God Bless!

Mark

Amrita said...

Thank you Mark, I will come by

Ash said...

Thank you so much for sharing these precious photos with us - so enjoyed looking at it!

Amrita said...

Thank you Ash, you are a very talented photographer

Kathryn said...

Dropping by to say hello, Amrita. As always, i love reading what you share. :)

John Cowart said...

Hi Amrita,
You cover a lot of territory in this post. The photos you recovered from the old Bible are treasures--as are the folks who visited your church campus seeking a closer walk with the Lord.
John

Amrita said...

Thank you Kathryn an d John, trust you are having warm and sunny weather

Bestemor Aud said...

Hola Amrita! (Hola is Spanish)
Thank you for your comment on my blog recently. I am not very often there by the time. We have been in Spain since 11th of December 2010, and will be staying util 1st of April this year. Yes, we feel lucky, having the opportunity to be here while the winter is very cold in Norway.
Good to se your Blog still very active, and that you share from your life and your faith! God bless you!
Aud

Amrita said...

Hello Bestemor, good to have you visit. Have a lovely time in Spain. That is my dream country.