Monday 21 February 2011

Sunday Blessings - Revival Time

From  Thursday  to Sunday I  attended   evening  revival   meetings at  the  Seminary. Bro Ashok  Vedanayagam (left)  was  the   speaker. He  brought  us   the  Word  of  God  in  a   fresh  and  powerful way. He  kept  his  audience  captivated  by  his  practical  insights,  personal  anecdotes   and  teaching   about  family  life.
The  children  were  having  their  own meetings in  the  High  School  building  near  the  church. On the  last  day they  presented  a  song.
Worship  team
Many  people  walked   forward for  prayer  and dedication. There  was much  rejoicing  in heaven.

The  young  and the  old  publicly  confessed  their  faith.
Below   are  photos  of  the  OM  book table.
And  the  English  choir..
Enjoy  the  2  short  videos  I  have  posted.
The   students  had  a  missions  stall  where
they  were  selling   various  food  item  and  snacks   with   tea
to  raise  money to  support   evangelists.
I bought  momos,  vadas, Korean pancakes
and  poori kebabs help  with
the  fund raising.
They  all we  delicious.
My nephew  and  friend  Megan are  having  a  good  time
with my  sister  Namrita  and  family
in  the North East.
They  will  be  arriving  in Alld.
on  Thurs (24th )  morning.
We  are  so  excited  and 
I  am  busy  preparing to welcome  them.
Please  pray  for  my  sister  Sonia
She  has  bronchitis with  a  painful ear
and  maybe  the  onset  of  diabeties.
She  wants  to  see nephew  Ash,  but
she  has  to  be  fit  to  travel.
Prayers for  her healing  are   needed.
Namrita  also  needs  prayers, she  has
bronchitis   too



15 Fertilize my soul:

Kathryn said...

Hi there, Amrita! Glad you enjoyed your attendance at the revival.

You and your family are in my prayers.

Hope you are enjoying good weather before it gets so hot. Sheba looks like she is having a good time in some of your other pics.

Pat said...

Oh it is Jesus in my soul! How I love that song, and it has been a long time since I've heard it.
I enjoyed your videos and will be praying for your family.

Amrita said...

Thank you Pat an d Kathryn.

We are enjoyin g the lovely weather here. I wish the heat would be delayed as much as possible

Arvin U. de la Peña said...

hi..can we exchange link..i hope you can add my blog to your blog list..i'll be happy for that..thanks..

Nadwrażliwiec said...

You had to have really blessed time. This evening is like a shot of blessings.

Amrita said...

Thank you Zim. God bless you.

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Yes, I will pray for your sisters Sonia and Namrita. We rebuke the spirit of bronchitis in them and we release the Spirit of divine healing on them both. By the stripes of Jesus they are both healed. Amen. Attending revival meetings and sessions are like a proverbial shot in the arm. They give us an instant spiritual lift. All Christians need spiritual revival to maintain their intimate relationship with the Lord. Glad you were helping the youth in your church as they tried to raise money for missionary works. God bless you more for that. Thanks for the post. God bless you always.

Glennis said...

I wrote this out last night for everyone.
.Yes we are safe, we had been planning to drive the 300 km to Christchurch in the morning! The earthquake hit very close to the big city bringing down buildings power and telephone and bursting pipe underground. There is also lots of liquifaction happening where the soft grounds turn liquefied and bursts up out from under the roads and houses and everywhere, creating a huge mess.
As it was my birthday we decided to have a nice little break in the city! We also have Erle's sister staying with us from Australia and we were going to take her with us. We now intend to stay home tomorrow but may drive down during the next day or two. I rather think there will be a high death toll down there, ( 65 deaths at present) as there is so much destruction, it is not a place to go sight seeing. The lovely old Christchurch Cathedral has been damaged badly probably beyond repair which is also a shame as it was a really nice building.
I am so glad that we didn't decide to go down there today or we would have been right in the middle of it all.
We are all shocked by this happening, and still after shocks keep hitting, but not such strong quakes.
Thank you for your kind thoughts of us all.
Now you know a wee bit more about it all!
Glennis.

Ash said...

Looks like a wonderful event. You and your family are always in my prayers.

Sending you lots of love and hugs!

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hello Amrita,

Your header photo amazed me. I am sure you grew them in your garden.

Lovely photos and videos.

Your dedication and involvement with God's work amazes me.

My prayers for both your sister's fast recovery and best wishes to you and your mom.

You do have a lovely garden.
Joseph

Anonymous said...

It sounds like an exciting revival time. Praise The Lord for all His blessings :-)

Take care Amrita and have a nice day :-)

~Ron
******

Marie said...

I love the songs :)
It looks like very nice meetings.
I will pray for Sonia and Namrita :)

Crown of Beauty said...

Dear Amrita
I have prayed for you, and your sisters... that God will touch you all with His healing hand and bring complete and speedy recovery. May nothing hinder you from fulfilling his purpose for you. So glad to read about the revival meetings and how many lives were touched.

My British friend has an Indian friend who works with the OM in India.

Praying you will experience a mighty miracle from God as He rains down heavenly healing for you and your loved ones.

Love
Lidj

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Hi Amrita! I hope your family arrived safely today! I enjoyed your videos -- I miss conferences and revival meetings like that!

I must say I also enjoy reading through the comments on your blog as well!

monsoon dreams said...

You must be enjoying ur time wirh ur long-awaited guests,right? :-)
Hope ur sisters are better in health.
Thanks for sharing the details of the revival meeting.