Tuesday 18 October 2011

From Poland

My  friend  ZIM from  Poland   sent  me  this  award.
Thank you  Zim.
You  can  visit  here  through this  link  HERE.

Zim  writes  in  Polish but   you  can  use  a  translator.She  leaves  very   good  comments   on  my  posts. Her  blog  posts   are  very  thought  provoking and  deal  with  topics  from  religion,  current  affairs, missions ,  history and  humour.

I   want  to  share  a  story  from  Poland I  found   very  inspirational.

The  Polish  patriot and  general Koscuisko was outstandingly  kind  to   the  poor.One day  an  urgent  message  had  to  be  sent.As  there  were  no  other  horses, the   messenger  was  ordered  to  ride   the  general 's  horse. When  the  messenger  returned he  told   his  general that   the  next  time  he  went  on  an  errand he  would  take  a  different  horse, because  Koscuisko 's   steed  insisted at  stopping   at   every  poor  home and by  every  beggar  along   the  way. The  horse  had  got   accustomed to  stopping  for  every  needy   home and  every  needy  person.

Isn 't  that  amazing!

11 Fertilize my soul:

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Congratulations on your newest award. There will be more forthcoming. Thanks for the post. God bless you always.

Amrita said...

Thank you Mel

Felisol said...

Dear Amrita,
I like this horse story. Tells an important lesson to high and low about sharing and caring.
How nice that you have a friend from Poland. I like that.

Nadwrażliwiec said...

Wow, I didn't know this story about Kosciuszko! I knew only, that he was big heroe of Polish and American history.

Amrita said...

I was really touched by this story too

David C Brown said...

The Lord of glory stopped for a blind beggar.

And He stopped for me!

David Edward said...

I have a feeling, dear sister, that if you owned a horse it would stop at many of the same places. Our God is generous, so much more than we can fathom. It is good when we can be a bit like Him.

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hello Amrita,

Congratulation on receiving this wonderful award. The story is very interesting.

Best wishes,
Joseph

Amrita said...

Yes Bro David C Brown, praise God Jesus stepped down from His glory and became a human being to save me

Amrita said...

Thank you Mr Joseph

Amrita said...

Dear David Edward Linus,
you are too kind.

In India there are poor people all around us, we try to do whatever we can.

Many times people come to our church campus begging for alms, we give them something since they have come to God 's house - even though some of them appear to be lazy beggars.