Wednesday 26 October 2011

Taking A sabbath From My Weariness






Some   more   pictures  of  our
shopping   with   Megan   and  Ash
in   the  gift   shop.
I  like  to  think  of   bright  happy   days
while   going  through  grey   times.
I  have  committed   my  concerns
into  God 's hands. Its  His  battle  not   mine.
He  knows  what  is  best
and  He   will  accomplish  His
purposes.
<<<=


 Isaiah 42:3
New American Standard Bible

3 “A bruised reed He will not break
And a dimly burning wick He will not extinguish;
He will faithfully bring forth justice.

God  knows  I   am  a  bruised  reed  and   dimly   burning   wick.  He   will  have   mercy  on  me and  bring  forth  His  justice.

I  want  to  take   a  Sabbath   break

A man with some authentic worries
And many vain and silly ones
I am well-schooled in sleeplessness;
I know it from the inside out.
I breathe, and I know what's at stake.

But still sometimes I'm sane and sound,
however heart or head may ache;
I go to sleep when I lie down,
With no determined care to breathe
I breathe and live and sleep and take.

A sabbath from my weariness,
I rest in unwaking trust
Like clouds and ponds and stones and trees.
The long arising Day will break
If I should die before I wake.

(A  Timbered  Choir -  Wendell  Berry)

5 Fertilize my soul:

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel...we've had terrible trials here too although perhaps not as critical as you living where you do...I pray for you often...be good to yourself when you can...we are only human..the battle is the Lords....

Simply Shelley said...

He is our Victor..he has already fought the battle for us and no weapon formed against us shall prosper...blessings dear Amrita

Miss said...

I'll pray for you.

I know there are times in my life when I'm like, if I can just get to church, everything will be okay.

I pray the rest of your week, gets beetter.

Amrita said...

Dear Shelly, Dani and OI thank you for your prayers and encouragement , they mean a lot to me. I have to humble myself under the mighty hand to God and He will lift me up in due time as His Word says.

Donetta said...

Hold up with a courage that never falters. Be comforted with this strength. It is so hard to hold up yes. How lovely though are you as you are real and know that he is all over you with his kindness. Amrita remember who you are. Remember the beauty he sees you as . This removes little of the suffering but does yet strengthen us through it.