Monday 4 August 2008

Firm Foundation

on my heart as the day began
Bricks being laid in the ditch
There are 2 lady workers
Sheeba is looking on
By the afternoon the ditch all filled up

A load of sand


Mixing concrete

No powder puff girls these.
These women are from Bilaspur (Central India)
People from there move all over India as migrant labourers
Least you think in India we employ primitive methods of construction
Let me tell you that our country has the most modern means of building and builders and architects take on International projects.
But we are operating on a shoe string budget, cannot afford builders.
These are some of our modern buildings.



Jobs for the Day
1.House chores
2. Instructions to the men
3. Supervising the building
4.Bank
5. Purchasing cement and manure (for the garden)
6.Court - the judge did not come, so it was time and money wasted
7.Grocery shopping
8. Simran came for lessons in the evening
An old house helper came to spend the day with us.She had lunch and left with old clothes and some money.
I am tired
The high humidity is giving me a constant headache and in this season my body breaks out in sores which are very painful.
Tomorrow is another day.
As I close tonight, I think of our heavenly city and its wall and foundation
"The wall was made of jasper, and the city of pure gold, as pure as glass. 19The foundations of the city walls were decorated with every kind of precious stones. "Rev 21;18,19

10 Fertilize my soul:

Jeanette said...

I hope this job goes smoothly and will soon be finished. I'm sorry the trip to the court was a waste of time and money and also a waste of your energy that is already taxed.

I pray for healing for you and strength in the hot weather.

Pat said...

Oh Amrita, I think your laborers and what they are building are more beautiful then any architect or highly skilled workers. I am following closly the progress they are making, and I'm glad to see that Sheeba is looking on giving moral support!
You had a very busy day, now it's time to take a deep breathe and try to relax. I'm praying for you!

JO said...

Sounds like you have been a busy girl... do take a little time for yourself to rest and recoupe. :) Lovely pics on your post today.

passing-thru said...

Prayed for your court and bank business -- will keep U in prayer as U work for the Lord

The Lord is Good Amrita -- I would like to hear sometime how U came to know Jesus -- share with us over at pilgrim pals -- thanks

Sita said...

Not only does India raise top architects, but also IT geniuses snapped up in the Silicon valley, and amazing mathematicians. From Ravi's book, I also learnt that Indians manage most of the 5-star hotels around the world. However, much of the west only sees the 'poverty' pics that gives a warped pic of India.

Your blog gives a beautiful picture, yes, of an Indian woman, but more so, a woman called by God, to overflow with His glory with what He has given to her. I know that anyone who comes here is not only enriched culturally, but have their eyes turned to the living God Who sustains you. Rest securely in His Hands.
Love, Sita

Sheryl said...

You inspire me. Never a complaint do I hear from your mouth, never!

Love to you-
Sheryl

Ash said...

Great job, good luck!

Robin said...

Reading that line from that hymn-how firm a foundation...it was just the reminder i needed today.
priase our God, He alone is the solid Rock!
bless you for sharing this today amrita-you are in my prayers today for your health.
hug,
~Robin

Julia Dutta said...

Dear Amrita,
What a hectic day! Sorry I was unable to visit you the last two days....I have been opver sleeping and hence the whole day goes topsy turvy. Sorry about the Court case...almost all Cases go like this. You arrive there bathed in sweat, only to hear that there is no hearing today...
Alas! Our sluggish systems!
Julia

Maisie said...

I had no idea that there were such modern fancy buildings in India. That is not a part of India that I've seen on TV before. I love learning about India through your blog.