Friday 11 June 2010

Keeping Cool

To protect themselves from the blazing sun people venture out covered from head to foot.

Not I . I carry an umbrella.That 's enough for me.

Here is a girl all cocooned and wearing gloves. Tickles me to see the whole of India
going about dressed like bandits and Bedouins (exaggeration) LOL.

Cooling off at MacDonald 's. People putting in their orders.
A group of college girls having fun.

A young family sharing food together. I couldn' t help noticing they shared small burger (maybe veg) and a few french fries and one coke between them. Eating out is not cheap and everyone likes to do it once in a while.

I asked the little girl what her name was. Her name is Pari (Purry) which means fairy.
She looked like a little fairy. She was dressed in breezy summer clothes so cute.

Milka and Abner having ice cream.

Abner and an ice lolly in the children' s park.


CONFESSION

Please don 't misunderstand me but being a single, disabled, unemployed woman I sometimes feel very weak, anaemic,insecure and vulnerable. I need to strengthen my feeble knees as the Bible says. I need to grasp the Vine (Jesus) with whatever strength I have.


I am thinking of Romans 7


18I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[c] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
21So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22For in my inner being I delight in God's law; 23but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. 24What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? 25Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.


But I will go on to Romans 8 and grasp at the rays of hope and promise.

12Therefore, brothers, we have an obligation—but it is not to the sinful nature, to live according to it. 13For if you live according to the sinful nature, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live, 14because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. 15For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship.[g] And by him we cry, "Abba,[h] Father." 16The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. 17Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.
Future Glory 18I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. 19The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed. 20For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope 21that[
i] the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God.

Oh the joy of sweet deliverance...liberation!

I am deeply indebted to my family, friends, saints of God for your prayers and support.

Without you I would be like a bowl of runny Jello.

19 Fertilize my soul:

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for a cool breeze for your body and soul today. Take care. Smile, Sally

Nadwrażliwiec said...

Who wrote this words as You wrote about You? For me You are great, strong, wise and precious woman, and - this is the most important - the child of King, of God. What can be more than this? People are sometimes full of hate, intolerance and just stupidity. From Your blog I can learn about things which earlier I didn't know. I know that it is difficult to keep calm when someone write about You stupid and unpleasant words. Sometimes one of my friends tells, that this kind of intolerance is the sign of possesion by devil.
Last time I had problem with aggressive atheist, who ridiculed me and wrote some bad words about me, only because I love God and Jews.
I pray for You every day. Don't take situations like this to Your heart. Bad people were, are and will be. We Christians shouldn't waste our time for worrying because of them.

On the second photo I thought, that this girl is Muslim :) This week in Krakow are heats too.
I greet heartly You and others guests on Your wonderful blog! :)

Felisol said...

Dear Amrita,
I say amen to the words of Zimbabwe,
You are wise, strong, willing, well educated, good looking and a wonderful , empathic Christian.
Never let the enemy fool you to have low thoughts about yourself.
I can understand that you are living under great strain with lots of responsibility on your shoulders.

I often quote Eleanor Roosevelt's word to my Serina;" No one can make you feel inferior without your own consent."
You are a great woman of good family, Let no one take that away from you.
Just now I wish we lived closer. I'd like to pop over and have a long, good chat with you.
Be blessed, you and your family,
From Felisol

Covnitkepr1 said...

Thanks for the visit and the follow. I wish the entire world could see your blog. Americans have absolutely no idea.

Amrita said...

My dear Zimb., no one wrote anything condemning me,I just wanted to share that sometimes I feel very small and weak and aware that I am made of mud.

But as Felisol and you say I am child of God and I am held together by His grace. No one can separate me from His love.Thank you for reminding me of who I am in Christ.

Amrita said...

Dear Felisol, I wish that could be true. Oh please do come!

Holly, the Old Western Gal said...

The strongest people are those who know they are weak.

I like you and your feeble knees!

I wish you did have an easier life. You carry too many burdens, and they are so heavy.

I would like to slap whoever was mean to you last week.

Amrita said...

Dear Sally God bless your heart. Pray all your daughter are doing well. There must be such anticipation in your family.

Dear Stan, welcome to my world. You can share about my blog on your web page. I will appreciate that a lot.
Indeed USA is a nation blest by God

Amrita said...

Dearest Holly,

I am a very weak woman, whatever strength I have has been bestowed upon me by my Maker. In Him only I boast.
And He tells me that His strength is made known in weakness-so you are right.

Oh, don 't worry about that - its past history- water under the bridge.God is so good He gave me a big opurtunity to help them before they returned from their summer trip.

Dear Zimb, I forgot to tell you
the little girl appears to be Hindu because her father is wearing a holy thread on his left arm if you notice. The thread is tied in a temple for the fulfilment of a vow or desire.

Kate said...

Never for a minute would I think of you as any kind of weak. You are always looking outside of yourself - never self-centered. And when life is not perfect, that is a very challenging thing.

BTW, could you please send some of that heat to Utah?

Nadwrażliwiec said...

Thank You Amrita for explanation. I thought that someone wrote about You something bad. But thank You :)
I understand Your weakness. I have in church friend, she is the nurse - she sometimes tells me, what I should do when, for example, I have problems with circulation of blood.
But I wrote for You (and other people) special note :) I thought that You had problem with comments. I'm sorry... But I think that this note will raise Your spirit :)
Thank You very much also for explanation of photo with girl :)

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Never worry Amrita. There are many Christian brothers and sisters who care for you and are always praying for you. We are all aware of the struggles you are undergoing and the battles you are waging against the forces of the enemy. You are not alone in your battles. Your Christian brethren are all there standing in the gap of heaven and earth for you. You may feel the strain and burden of such struggles but we have that kingly assurance of the Lord that He has overcome the world for all of us who follow His ways. You are always in our prayers. Thanks for the post. God bless you always.

Grayquill said...

Without faith we can not please God - your faith inspires me.
Thanks!

Amrita said...

Dear Kate I wish I could.

Thank you Mel and GQ

monsoon dreams said...

amrita,
the greatest wisdom is realising how weak we are and how amazing God's love is.thats when we cling to Him and He guides us.i love your blog for being honest.and i can relate to u so well.
milka and abner seem so happy to have icecream :-)

monsoon dreams

David C Brown said...

Amrita,


The apostle Paul says, "And he said to me, My grace suffices thee; for [my] power is perfected in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Wherefore I take pleasure in weaknesses, in insults, in necessities, in persecutions, in straits, for Christ: for when I am weak, then I am powerful" 2 Corinthians 12:9, 10.

And "Since ye seek a proof of Christ speaking in me, (who is not weak towards you, but is powerful among you, for if indeed he has been crucified in weakness, yet he lives by God's power; for indeed we are weak in him, but we shall live with him by God's power towards you,) ... 2 Corinthians 13: 4.

So even when we feel weak - our Great High Priest has know that too.

Amrita said...

Its mainly he thorn(s) in my flesh which increase my burdens and loads and anxieties... specially my inability to work at a time when the cost of living is sky rocketting.

I also need to examine myself to see whether I am living what i believe. Intellectual knowledge is one thing and putting it into practice quite different.

Thank you for your encouragement friends.

Ewa your flowers are so refreshing to see.

Julia Dutta said...

Dear Amrita,
I never see you in the light of your own discription of yourself. You are such a strong crutch, albeit only in webspace for many of us and so greatly loved. I guess it is the way we feelaround ourselves. But hey! You are one of the most positive persons I have met in my life:))
God Bless you and Aunty.
Julia

Robin said...

Its funny how we can see ourselves so differently than others do.
i see you as one of the strongest christian women i know amrita, a true blessing.