Sunday 20 June 2010

Prayers needed

Aunt Virginia is not doing very well. She is the widow of my Dad 's elder brother - about 84 years old. Last month she was hospitalized with UTI. She recovered and came back. Don 't know how much time she has left.

She is very difficult to deal with. Refuses all help. Her mind is also fading . I am doing all I can for her-everything she will accept. My mom and I are the only relatives who care. Her nieces and nephews don 't bother and don 't want to be involved. They were only interested in her stuff and money and when they got that , their attitude changed. Aunt V has 24 hr assistants , they complain of her being very difficult.

I wish my family was close by- but everyone is so far away. My mother is very nervous , stressed and anxious ( she will be 79 yrs. on June 23rd) I am worried and under tremendous pressure, but have to be strong because of my mother.

My Pastor on whom I depend is on on vacation for 10 days. There are other church people and relatives to help in the worst case scenario.
Just pray for God 's mercy.
I feel physically weak.

Need prayers desperately.My Mom is having dizzy spells because of the tension.
_____________________
Thank you for praying for the strife situation we were facing a while ago. Our friend 's attitude was changed when they returned from their trip. We communicated better. They harvested about 20 kgs of mangoes from their tree and gave us 4 magoes.

12 Fertilize my soul:

Nadwrażliwiec said...

I will pray... Because prayer can lots...

Anonymous said...

Dear Amrita, I am praying for you and those you lovingly care for. my heart goes out to you in Jesus' name. Smile, Sally

monsoon dreams said...

amrita,
praying for your health and peace of mind,dear.praying for aunt V too.love,

Amrita said...

Thank you dear ones for praying . I am in desperate need of prayer. My Mom is having dizzy spells.

Kathryn said...

Oh, Amrita. Family issues are always so difficult. I wish you had more help & support. I will be praying for you, your mama, your aunt, & the situation.

Amrita said...

Thank you Kathryn, I appreciatte that. I feel terrible right now.Please tell David to pray too, if you can call him

Holly, the Old Western Gal said...

Amrita, can you get ahold of any tranquilizers for your mom? Would she take any? I think they could help her immensely during stressful periods. I am so sorry to hear that she is having dizzy spells. And so sorry to hear that your aunt is difficult and not doing well, either. But do not get too overwrought! Do hat you can, and then as they say in your religion, "Let go and let God" take over.

Amrita said...

Dear Holly, my Mom takes a sleeping piill at night prescribed by her doctor.She is of a nervoustemerament. Always been like that, byut then my Dad was alive.

She is somewhat better now. Aunt V had high fever and I tried to giv e her a pill for that, which she spit out. I was desperate, came home sent prayer requests and again returned with another pill, determined to give it to her, This time by God 's grace I wa s able to make her swallow it. I kept sitting at her bed side watching her, so that she would not spit it out.

I went again after an hour and found her fever subsided.That was a quick answer to prayer.

My Mom had an upset stomach too but when she heard Aunt V was better she took some deal (Lentil soup) and chapati. I gave her glucose water and iced tea. She is better . God is our help, a very present help in trouble. In a few minutes I will go again to check on aunt V.

Maria Stahl said...

Awww, sweetie! I'm praying for all of you!

Nadwrażliwiec said...

These photos from Facebook which You had seen was made in the time of flood - to show the scale of this tragedy. If You want to see more normal photos from Kraków, I give You links from my blog:
http://alergiczny.blogspot.com/2009/07/zoo.html - the photos from the ZOO

http://alergiczny.blogspot.com/2009/01/taka-bya-pikna-zima.html - the winter in the park near my housing

http://alergiczny.blogspot.com/2008/12/krakw-okiem-nadwraliwca-floriaska.html - little Gothic street in the Old Town

http://alergiczny.blogspot.com/2008/09/wsi-krakowska-wsi-niespokojna.html - my sepia photos - buildings and streets from the 30's

http://alergiczny.blogspot.com/2008/06/magiczne-pikno-cmentarza-ydowskiego.html - Jewish cementery.

Felisol said...

Dear Amrita,
I'm praying for the three of you.

May God Send his guardian angels to comfort and protect you from all evil.
May He grant you peace midst in the storm.
May he strengthen you, so you know, that He is the Lord, and that He giveth power to She who has no strength at all.
Amen

Paresh Palicha said...

Didi, I'm praying for you & your loved ones.

I don't have much wisdom so forgive me if I'm wrong: He seems to test people who have unflinching in him more. But, only in such conditions we can prove that our love/faith is unqualified, we won't budge from our faith whatever situation He puts us in.