Friday 4 June 2010

Storm Tossed

Since the past few days I have felt like a storm tossed boat dealing with
hurts
hostility
sadness
anger

Mama, Sonia and I have taken a battering
mentally
emotionally
and spiritually.
Our faith is being tested.
Goliath looming large on the horizon is challenging the servants of God. A spirit of strife wants to rip us to pieces.
Sometimes I feel as if I am walking through the valley of the shadow of death.
Please pray for us.

These verses give us courage and strength


Don’t repay evil for evil. Don’t retaliate with insults when people insult you. Instead, pay them back with a blessing. That is what God has called you to do, and he will bless you for it.

1 Peter 3:9

______________________________

1 Peter 1:4-7 (New International Version)
4and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade—kept in heaven for you, 5who through faith are shielded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time. 6In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. 7These have come so that your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.
_________________________

2fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
3For consider Him who has endured such hostility by sinners against Himself, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. 4You have not yet resisted to the point of shedding blood in your striving against sin

(Hebrews 12)

Prayer needed.

24 Fertilize my soul:

Anonymous said...

Dear Amrita, I whisper your name and those of your loved ones to God right now. Take care. Sally

David C Brown said...

"And awaking up he rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, Silence; be mute. And the wind fell, and there was a great calm."

The same Lord is watching over you!

monsoon dreams said...

amrita,
please take courage.praying for you and your loved ones.everything works together for good for those whom God loves.just wait for the Lord's time.smile now :-)

Paresh Palicha said...

Don’t repay evil for evil. Don’t retaliate with insults when people insult you. Instead, pay them back with a blessing. That is what God has called you to do, and he will bless you for it.

This is the best lesson one can have to rise above pettiness and walk on the path shown by Him.

Thanks didi, and be assured you're always in my prayers.

Julie said...

Your in my prayers.

Simply Shelley said...

Praying for you and yours dear Amrita....he is able...

Holly, the Old Western Gal said...

Well I'd like to slap the tar out of anyone picking on you and yours. Shame on them!

Buttercup said...

Prayers requested and prayers and hugs are on their way to you and family. Ooh, I'm not happy with anyone that isn't kind to you. A big boo to them.

eha said...

I'l pray for you and your beloved ones, Amrita. You are a strong, kind woman ... I know you will be all right in the hands of our Father.

Felisol said...

Dear Amrita,
I pray that whatever evil you have to struggle with, God will be there by your side and give you victory.

I pray for courage and joy to fill your hearts so that what evil you are up against must yield.

P.S: We've had some prayer/fight week for Serina. The happy end was that a nice Christian woman I knew 50 years ago let her in her home for the week her exam lasted, and yesterday she moved into a new flat in the ground floor of a nice Christian family, where the mrs. is a nurse from India.
We are so happy, and so much looking forward to Serina learning to know her landlady. Through you we feel we have a special and warm bond to India.
May the God of peace bless you now, and always.
Yours Felisol

Amrita said...

Thank you so much my beloved friends for your kind words and prayers. God is working in our lives and comforting us.

Weeping may last in the night but joy comes in the morning.

Last night after writing this post I kept awake till 2 am, reading the scriptures and praying and God gave me peaceful sleep afterwards - all of us.

We will persevre and God will reveal our righteosness.

Do prayer that the Lord 's patience and wisdom may be ours.

Romans 5:3 (TLB)
We can rejoice too when we run into problems and trials for we know that they are good for us-they help us learn to be patient.

Amrita said...

Thank you so much my beloved friends for your kind words and prayers. God is working in our lives and comforting us.

Weeping may last in the night but joy comes in the morning.

Last night after writing this post I kept awake till 2 am, reading the scriptures and praying and God gave me peaceful sleep afterwards - all of us.

We will persevre and God will reveal our righteosness.

Do prayer that the Lord 's patience and wisdom may be ours.

Romans 5:3 (TLB)
We can rejoice too when we run into problems and trials for we know that they are good for us-they help us learn to be patient.

Amrita said...

Dear Felisol, I am so happy to hear Serina 's landlady is an Indian. Now you have a stronger Indian connection. Hugs to the Snow Princess, that 's the name i have given her - from a Nordic fairytale I read as a child.

Gerry said...

I am sorry that you are undergoing troubles right now. I hope things will ease for you. The storm will subside and calm will come again.

Nadwrażliwiec said...

The children of God are the object of attacks from Satan. If we weren't real children of God, he would not have to attack us. But there are the signs of this, that we are going the path of Truth.

The first joke from my newest note :) (My translation):

- My child, please, don't go to Medicine Studies! -
- Why? -
- I regret that I studied the Medicine. I'd rather be the architect, the artist, or even menel... - (menel - Polish contemptous word defining drinking man without job)
- But why did You go to the Medicine Studies? -
- Because of the stupidity - :)

God bless You Amrita. I wish You nice weekend :)

Kathryn said...

Oh, Amrita, may God bless & uphold you in trial & honor you for your gentle spirit. You are in my prayers.

monsoon dreams said...

how are you today,dearest?

Kate said...

I send you good thoughts, my dear Amrita. I must confess, though, to a good deal of curiosity. Who is being mean to you?

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Yes, I will pray for you all. I know these things will happen since there is a stronghold of the enemy in your place where your church is also located. You are also a minority in your own country, so you are suffering a severe backlash from others who are being manipulated by the enemy. This necessitate a strong spiritual warfare from all God fearing Christians so that you may be alleviated from your suffering. Jesus Christ reminded us of this when He said, "In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world" (John 16:33b). Just hold on to God's promises and turn over all your anxieties to the Lord and it will become the battle of the Lord for
His victory. Thanks for the post. God bless you all always.

Amrita said...

Hu Jate, they are family friends.
Actually they have some personal problems, and instead of resolving them they are hitting back at others with negativity.

HURT PEOPLE HURT PEOPLE

Amrita said...

Dear Nina, God 's grace is upon us, we are well. Thank you for your prayers.

Amrita said...

Dear Mel, you are a very spiritusally descerning brother, You are right this is a major spiritual battle.

I have experienced attacks like this before.

David Edward said...

you are so strong because of the Lord living in you by His holy spirit.

John M Cowart said...

Your fine Luv. "God is the light in which I see." That is my lesson for the day. Pray for the outcome as you would have it, let it be in faith and let God's creation fulfill.

HUGS

John.