Saturday 26 June 2010

Promise Keepers

They rolled in over the heavens like a maurading pack of dark horses
Our first black dangerous looking monsoon clouds
I thought they would not keep their promise
So I planned to go out
But I was stopped by a heavy down pour.
The dry earth drank to its fullest
And the plants performed a wind ballet.
Thank you for keeping your promise.
How wonderful is our God who sent us rain in due time.



But just as it started to rain our power went off and we got it after 4 hours. So the whole evening was a dud. Ha-ha!

Every night I give Sheeba 's left over food to the neighbour 's (wild) dog. Tonight as I stepped out in the dark I tripped over some pebbles and had a bad fall. I could not get up on my own. I called Jags (church helper) for help and he asisted me to get uo. My darling Sheeba tried to help by licking my face and wagging her tail and when Naughty (the wild dog) came near me, she chased him away ferociously.
I was in a lot of pain but I down played it as I did not want to alarm Mama. Having her upset would be worse. I took a pain killer so I am better now. At least the temps come down a bit.

There is no such thing as bad weather,only different kinds of good weather. -John Ruskin

13 Fertilize my soul:

Anonymous said...

Oh Amrita, please be careful! I hope you feel better soon. Sounds like your cat is a good friend! And thank goodness the rain came. Have a blessed weekend. Smiles, Sally

Felisol said...

Dear Amrita,
Praying for your soon recovery.
Please take some time tomorrow on Lord's Day to get some rest, sothat the injured foot can heal.
Your Mama will have to cope with her daughter having some pains.
Hopefully she can pray too, as I am doing now.
From Felisol

Sita said...

Oh Amrita, hope you are feeling better---do take care--it has been raining here all day today...
Blessings,
Sita

Holly, the Old Western Gal said...

OH NO Amrita, this is NOT good news. VERY WORRISOME that you could not get up on your own!!! Thank goodness Jags was there, I know he can be a trial but how lucky for him to be within calling range.

I remember when that dog chewed up your new pants, the beast. Of course, it is the fault of the owners, not the mindless dog. However, he is not the caliber dog Sheeba is. Poor Sheeba was worried about "mommy"!!!

Terra said...

How unfair to fall while doing a good deed feeding the wild dog. I hope you heal quickly, dear blog friend. Your description of the monsoon's and of God providing the promised rain was beautiful.

Kathryn said...

You have had a lot going on. And i'm sad you have to hide it so as not to upset your dear mama. Hope you are feeling better soon.

David Edward said...

ouch! i am so sorry for your trouble. will pray for your full recovery

Nadwrażliwiec said...

You must be careful dear Amrita. These falls could be really dangerous. Did You talk about them with doctor? I hope that You haven't anything broken. Maybe the change of the weather will make You feel better. Thanks God for the rain. Sheeba is very clever and lovely dog - real friend.

Amrita said...

My dear frinds thank you so much for your pprayers. Please continue to do so . My left leg is pretty painful. But I can manage to walk.

Read more on my Sunday post

Amrita said...

Hi Sally, Sheeba is my doggie.

Amrita said...

Thank you Tera a word from such an acomplished writer encourages me.

Amrita said...

Dear Felisol, I am hiding the real pain from Mama, she will get distressed if she knows I am suffering. I will be better soon

Amrita said...

Hi Holly thank goodness I did not break a bone or twisted my ankle or something like that.I took the impact of the fall on my left leg. Anyway I have suffered intense pain, so this is just another thing.

And Sheeba was so protective. Yes Hiolly, its the same dog.

Yes Sally, sometimes when you cast your bread upon the waters a shark tries to bite off your hand Ha-ha-ha !