Wednesday 30 June 2010

Rock-a-bye Baby














Hello friends, here are some cute baby pictures sent in an email.
This entry was meant for Wed. 30th, but just as I was composing it the
lights went out and I was unable to continue. I was too tired by the time normalcy was restored. A man who had been to the power supply center (sub station) said in the heat the instruments and system gets very hot and they have to switch it off to cool it. Gotta believe them.
A Quote-
"I am done with great things and big plans, great institutions
and big success. I am for those tiny invisible loving human forces
that work from individual to individual,
creeping through the crannies of the world like so many rootlets
or like the capillary oozing of water, which, if given time,
will rend the hardest monuments of pride."

-William James


Yes friends, humour lightens the load at times and you can see diamonds in the raindrops.
All day yesterday, after our expected 3 hour power cut we had frequent interruptions. In the afternoon when I tried to rest there was a untimely phone call and visitor which gave me a throbbing headache. I took a painkiller which I normally try to avoid. I felt better after that and a strong cup of coffee.
Aunt V was supposed to be discharged from hospital yesterday but the docs extended her confinement by 2 more days.She has a potassium deficit - she 's 84 years old. No one to care of her, but us and church folk.
Please pray for my Pastor Shailendra , he has swelling in his kidneys and even after a whole battery of tests and scans the doctors don 't know what is causing it.All his tests came out clear. The doctors may hospitalize him for closer monitoring.
God teaches us such lessons. I am amazed. A few days ago a couple came to us all ornery and agitated like an angry thunder cloud ready to burst and flash.
But we handled the situation with restraint and self control and the man said ;We came here to say something else , but find things are different. Later on he asked me to pray for them. Two days later he said he felt tremendous peace since the prayer. Glory be to God.
This morning the sky is dark with heavy clouds and we 've had a light shower. Maybe there will be more rain later on.
But I hope it doesn 't rain too hard in the morning because I have to go to the district courthouse to represent my church.

11 Fertilize my soul:

Buttercup said...

Your "baby" pictures are so sweet. Thanks so much. My prayers are with Aunt V., your pastor and with you on your court visit tomorrow. Please take good care of yourself.

Felisol said...

Dear Amrita,
my prayers are for you,God gives you important tasks to handle, that most people want to ignore.
May he give you strength and comfort to do what lays on your heart and mind.
I find it so hard to remain cool, when provoked. You might pray God help me to become more like you.

My greatest defeats are those when I do not control my "Holy Anger".

I also have another prayer need.
In our basement I have room Gunnar has named "Elise's Privat closet". Pictures, icons(small and new)Bibles and other devotional literature. There also are two beds.
I'm afraid I have not been using my Chapel often enough.
The day before yesterday, as I would make the room ready for my brother, I found that insects had been eating of one Bible, a picture and a magazine.
I have thrown away things, washed and vacuumed, but I still fear that the room may be infected.
Will you pray for my sacred place, that it may be cleansed.
(And the rest of the house for that sake.)
I know we are not supposed to gather treasures on earth, but that room and our books mean a lot to me.
Thanks for being so understanding and patient, dear Amrita.
From Felisol

Nadwrażliwiec said...

These photos are so sweet :) I like them.
Bananas and tomatoes have lots of potassium, but if it is big deficit, it could be needed pills with them.
We in Krakow have heat but also rain now. I pray for Your aunt and for You - and I will pray for Pastor.

Nikki (Sarah) said...

oh my gosh!!! these are too cute. I want one.... :)

Kathryn said...

These photos are so sweet. Little babies of all kinds are just so cute. :)

I pray for your aunt & i will pray for your pastor. And you, too, dear Amrita. I pray that God will soon lift your many burdens. And give you some relief from the heat!

Amrita said...

Thank you for promising to pray for us dear friends. God listen to His people interceeding for his people.

Dear Felisol, I shall pray that your little chapel /prayer room may be kept from all harm and damage.
By preserving articles of beauty and history you are safe keeping them for future generations. They are gifts you are leaving for others to emulate and learn from.

Zimb, thank you for the potassium bit. Aunt V likes bananas.

Dear friends, although it didn 't rain , the temp. was down a bit , so today was not too bad really.

AND THE ELECTRICITY WAS MORE REGULAR YOU WILL BE HAPPY TO HEAR

Simply Shelley said...

Dear Amrita,praying for you...very sweet baby pictures...blessings

Anonymous said...

Hello Amrita, thanks for sharing those cute babies. Prayers to your Aunt and Pastor with their health issues. I'm glad some of your electrical issues have been resolved. I also like the quote today. Have a blessed day. Smiles, Sally

madison said...

Such cute pics!!

Holly, the Old Western Gal said...

Your poor pastor. Swollen kidneys are very serious and worrisome. I hope they get better.

The baby animals are so adorable. I guess you have heard that witticism about kittens (and other baby animals, I would guess): The trouble with kittens is they grow up to be cats!!!

Here's wishing the rain will hold off while you do your errands!

Amrita said...

Oh those baby ohots are cute aren 't they. I' d love to have them in my hands too.

hi Holly your desire to live on a houseboat inspired today 's entry about houseboats in Kashmir