Tuesday 4 November 2008

Red Tuesday

My friends Terry and Felisol of Pilgrim Pals (see sidebar) post photos with red in them on Tuesday. I followed in their suit.

This photo was taken about 23 years ago. We were on a holiday in Matheran, a hill resort near Bombay.
It was here that I watched the one and only equestrian event of my life.

12 Fertilize my soul:

Sara said...

how lovely, happy Tuesday!~

Gigi said...

Happy Tuesday you are very lovely.

Gigi said...

Happy Tuesday you are very lovely.

Robin said...

lovely indeed:)
so do you not see horses near where you live much then?

Sita said...

Hey, really lovely pic, Amrita...I have never seen an equetrian event except on Tv for the Olympic games...take care..
Love, Sita

Amrita said...

Thank you friends.

I do see horses around here Robin.
We have horse carts and cabs called tongas ( allowed only in certain parts of the city)and mounted police.But there are fewer of them these days.

In the Hindu wedding processions the groom goes to the house of the bride or wedding hall seated on a flashily decorated horse.

Terry said...

Dear Amrita,
This is a very lovely picture!
Who is the pretty lady?
She looks like a real live princess.
I added your name to Mary T's Ruby Tuesday list for this week.
That way all of the Ruby Tuesdayers will, if they can take time check you out. I hope that you don't mind
Well, I better go to bed. It is almost two in the morning!...love Terry

Felisol said...

Dear Amrita,
It's true what Terry says, you look so very dignified and in control of the situation,- as always.
I like horses, from a distance only.
They are wonderful animals, but they are too mighty for me to master.
Serina did a bit of riding when she was young, though.
Have a good Wednesday too.
From Felisol

Amrita said...

Hi Terry,Thanks for putting me on Mary T 's red Tuesday list.

Oh no Felisol I was very scared of the horse, I remember.It gave a snort of some kind and I jumoped out of my skin.But the horsewala reassured me.
This one was a pony meant to give tourist rides.

Heidi Jo the Artist said...

Love the red outfit! Happy Ruby Tuesday a little late!

Heidi Jo the Artist
http://swirlsofcreativity.etsy.com
http://swirlsofcreativity.blogspot.com

Julia Dutta said...

I love Matheran. Used to go hiking on my own there. Took me 4-5 hrs to walk the hill up, alone in the midst of nature....beautiful! and then stop to have the first tea, right at the top.
Lovely picture Amrita!
Julia

Terry said...

Dear Amrita....I had to come back to look at your picture.
When I was here the first time, my eyes were only on the pretty lady and I hadn't even noticed the horses!
Mom Golden paid for several years to give Betty's daughter, Amy horse riding lessons and not only did Amy win many ribbons, it also kept her away from the world's pleasures, so all in all, Mom Golden thought it was a well worth invesrment!... love Terry