Wednesday 5 November 2008

Race to the Whitehouse

The American elections affect the whole world. So let me put my 5 cent worth here.

Its been a historic election specially for non-white people, as America has gone from
HERE
TO HERE

ANDREW WARNOCK makes a very good comment on his blog, encouraging Christians to pray for Mr Obama.
I found Mark Driscoll 's comment also very insightful on his RESURGENCE blog

16 Fertilize my soul:

Unknown said...

Thanks for dropping by...and for the birthday wishes for my daughter!

Blessings...

Amrita said...

You are welcome Cindy. I like reading about your life and work in Niger.

Donetta said...

RIGHT ON SIS!
Perfect post!
Loving you

The Dementia Nurse said...

Thanks for coming by, Amrita! I LOVED your summary: "No matter who has the power for the moment, all power and authority belongs to Christ. He is the ruler of all." AMEN, Sister!!!!!!

Julia Dutta said...

Hi Amrita,
Somehow I am glad the darkest times of American History with G W Bush is over and Barack Obama brings in hope of change we can believe in. I like the chap, just emotionally now. He is young and lean and hungry to do his bit for America.
Julia

Pat said...

Not my choice for president - but I agree, Christians must pray. God is still in control!

Rebecca said...

I am pleased ....along with much of Europe about the change...knowing all along that my real kingdom is not this one that gains so much attention.
Anyway, I had lots f catching up to do on your blog....conferences and dog days and equestrian events and red dresses....fodder here to rejoice over, smile at and even shake my head in wonderment over cultural and religious things that I may not understand but make my life more interesting just by hearing about them! Thanks

Rebecca said...

I am pleased ....along with much of Europe about the change...knowing all along that my real kingdom is not this one that gains so much attention.
Anyway, I had lots f catching up to do on your blog....conferences and dog days and equestrian events and red dresses....fodder here to rejoice over, smile at and even shake my head in wonderment over cultural and religious things that I may not understand but make my life more interesting just by hearing about them! Thanks

Saija said...

God moves our human history along ... in His good pleasure - to the end of days ...

blessings on you!

Amrita said...

Its not a man or a political party but God who has the reigns of the government.
I suppose after the initial euphoria dies down people will show their discontent for Obama too.
In India too all politians disappoint at some point or the other.

But its a real chalenge for Christians in America to take a stand and keep on fighting the good fight at their own level.

Obama has several lucky charms in his wallet...he sure does need them as his task is a difficult one. Wish he had a prayer to the living God on his lips instead of the charms.

But such a victory for a coloured person, son of a migrant worker could only take place in the US - a land of equal opurtunity. I doubt whether it could happen in Europe or Australia.

In India there is a lot of opposition for Sonia Gandhi who is Italian and seen as a Christian.

Terry said...

I agree with Pat Amrita, but whatever is God's choice then we must pray for that person. It is the will of God!!Love Terry

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

yes yes all thos elections, that took 2 years....well the USA people have a new president by now!

Greetings JoAnn

Dick said...

I hope the new president can make things true and I also hope the world will help him to do.

David Edward said...

hello
i will pray for you ( right now)
and commend you for caring for your mother, I think it is our duty to the ones who raised us that we care for them when they age.

Natalie said...

I have missed your posts! I blieve you are right about Obama's election. I was so proud that the US has reached this point ands hope that Obama inspires many.

God is in control and I am rpaying for our new president.

Roo said...

i appreciate your perspective amrita. i am enjoying catching up at your place. xo