Tuesday 18 November 2008

Red Tuesday - Ticket to Ride

This picture of me on holiday in Mussoorie
was taken in November 2000 has nothing red in it
But it was a red letter day for my American friend Elsie and me
as we had so much fun.It was the day the new state
of Uttrakhand was formed and everyone was celebrating
as Mussoorie is a part of it.
Elsie and I with the horses.Elsie has my red cardigan draped around her shoulders.This was the last holiday I had.

I ma wearing a very old silk sari. My parents
gave it to me when I passed grade 12.
Its got red parrots on it.
Its still in very good condition.

15 Fertilize my soul:

Natalie said...

beautiful. sari...

you need another holiday!

monsoon dreams said...

glad to see ur snaps...hope u r doing fine,amrita!God bless you,dear!

Simply Shelley said...

Hi Amrita,looks a fun time you had with your friend. The Sari oyu are wearing is beautiful! Yes,you are so right to call me a child bride. I feel like I gave up much of my childhood.

Blessings,Shelley

Simply Shelley said...

So sorry for the word mess up. I really can spell,just can't type that well(smile).

Shelley

Robin said...

You are beautiful in your sari:)
sweet pictures, thank you for sharing them with us. hugs~

Dick said...

Nice pictures that must have been a great time.

Sita said...

So my Amrita, I can see that you were (and still are!) a 'happening chick!' Looks like you've enjoyed a full life, Amrita. It has made you into the woman you are, a woman so many of us love to come visit. You make us feel so welcome by sharing your heart and home.

I'm like you...it's been a long time since we've had a vacation...'vacation' is one of the sacrifices of being a SAHM.

Are you and Elsie still in contact? My friend Tony lives in Mussoorie.
Anyway...Pray that God opens the way for you to visit your sister here in Canada for a vacation, so perhaps we can visit too! God bless you.
Love, Sita

Donetta said...

Wow what a silken treasure. A long time for a holiday.
I look forward to a holiday some day.

Julia Dutta said...

Wow Amrita,
You look glamorous in the pictures in Musoorie and very nice indeed in the sari with peacocks, which I believe is a recent photograph.

My God! you must have a lot of inner strength Amrita to be able to be in one place for more than seven years at a stretch.

I only knew one person, June, who did that for years on end, because her mother was bed-ridden.It take a lot to do that.

Julia

Pat said...

What wonderful pictures. I think I see a red brick behind the picture of you! It's time for another holiday my friend, one can grow weary without a break now and then.
That Sari is so beautiful, I love the colors in it!

Mrs. Mac said...

Lovely pictures Amrita. Your sari is beautiful and must be a special one. This must have been a wonderful holiday ...

Felisol said...

Dear Amrita,
Hope that you soon will be offered another holiday.
So much responsibility and stress; it's just not good.
Then somebody has to look after your precious Mom for a while.
Hope that somebody feels the call.
The red in the pictures, just fine.
Your sari; unique.
From Felisol

Roo said...

what a beautiful silk sari!!! love the photos amrita! xo

Janet Jeyapaul said...

You look very comfortable on the horse like a pro - beautiful U in sari!!!

Amrita said...

I really want to visit my sister in Meghalaya,I am longing to go like Paul longed to visit his precious friends.When the Lord 's timing is ripe it will happen. This trip will be like a missions trip for me - a spiritual journey of sorts.

Yes I managed to preserve that sari quite nicely. I 've worn it a lot too.