Tuesday 25 November 2008

Red Tuesday

I was invited to the christening and birthday dinner of Sarah who turned one year today.I took my camera along hoping to get some red color for today 's theme. Sarah
Sarah, her Dad and birthday cake
She had a big birthday cake.
Cakes like these are usually ordered from a confectionary.
They are only meant for special celebrations that 's why they are so big
Clowns - I did not like the masks.
The clowns belong to a Halloween Party
or Ghoul Club.
Maybe the kids are so used to watching ugly cartoons on the various
cartoon channels they were not scared of them.
Many cartoon characters are frightful and hideous.
I often advise parents to monitor their kids cartoon watching.
One mother told me that when her daughter started displaying the distasteful actions of a particular cartoon character and she banned that show.

15 Fertilize my soul:

Sheryl said...

3 things to say...She is precious, that cake is HUGE and I do not like their masks either. ha

Love ya,
~Sheryl

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hi Amrita,
Great to see this red shots you did that very well, mine could be fitting in too, come and see,

Here is my blog:
www.joannwalraven.blogspot.com

Felisol said...

Dear Amrita,
was a giant birthday for beautiful Sarah.
She sure is her Dad's pride.
I've tried to figure out what's in the cake, but I cannot.
Was it as tasty as it looks?
Guess it is late Tuesday night in India now.
Hope you are sound asleep and have a good week grooming your winter roses.
Imagine; winter roses. Our garden is covered in white snow.
the best from Felisol

Kimmie said...

Wow, that is SOME birthday cake. I think I would have cried if I saw those two clowns! Did she like them?

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

Sita said...

Those clowns are scary looking...baby has a cute outfit...how are you doing...hope all is well with u and Mom...
Love, Sita

Donetta said...

Cute baby and proud Dad. Those clowns are horrid! I can not imagine having them.

Curious Servant said...

Looks like you found the red!!!

Amrita said...

I agree with you pals. Added a few more lines to my post.

Simply Shelley said...

Hi Amrita,such a beautiful baby girl.Her cake is bigger than she is(smile). I agree with you on the clowns,I don't like their mask. I also agree about many of the cartoons of today being very demonic looking. I don't know how children like to watch them.I try and discourage my grandchildren from doing so.

Blessings,Shelley

Dick said...

I don't like the masks for a kids birthday party but I guess the kids don't care.
Nice pictures.

Pilgrim Pals said...

Dearest Amrita
I will be back later on this evening to read your Ruby Tuesday, but in the mean time, I will tell you that we are on our way to prayer meeting where I am sure that there will be much prayer going up to heaven for the terrible terrorist attack that India experienced today..Love Terry

donna said...

yes my husband and I are praying also amrita...

love and blessings
donna

Sita said...

Amrita,
I was so shocked to hear of what happened in Mumbai today...that's where my in-laws are headed next year for a visit..our prayers are with you all..horrible...the picture of an injured child reveals the evil nature...take care...
Love, Sita

Curious Servant said...

Amrita...

My prayers also.

I have been following the growing reports of attacks against foreigners, and especially Christians in India.

I pray you and all those you love are protected.

Renae said...

Sarah makes a beautiful Ruby Tuesday post, doesn't she? Her sweet picture made me smile. Thanks!