Tuesday 6 April 2010

Flashback to the Cold

Now when the temperatures are touching 110*
or 42*C I would like to reminisce to the cooler
season-January when sister Namrita
and sons were visiting.
These are pictures of a cold foggy morning.
Can 't imagine just three and a half months ago.
We experience extreme temperatures, here which
takes a toll on the body.
Our friends from the
Christian Agricultural University
(also named the
Sam Higginbottom Institute of Agriculture,Technology and Sciences)
invited us for dinner.
Dr Thomas is a younger brother in Christ. We have
known him since he was in High School.
His wife Annie is a lovely lady , a fine cook.
They have a son and a daughter.

The University is situated across the Yamuna river and quite far.
We were fortunate to find an auto rickshaw
to take us.


Here we are crossing the river on the old British built bridge.

Thomas took us around to see
the various university buildings.
It is expanding fast.
New departments are being established each year.

A board with a Bible verse
A visible reminder of what
the University stands for.


The Engineering department being expanded.



I always manage to find stray animals
wandering around.
Maybe this bovine visitor feels at home in an
agricultural setting.
They teach dairy technology there too.



This is the area where they do practical
forest research.




This is Thomas 's department,
his name is on the board.
He travels all over India
and also speaks on TV and radio.

The college was closed for winter vacations.
The buildings and gardens are well kept.

Walking around the campus.
The kids enjoyed a lot. Namrita 's older son Mishael
wants to study Agricultural Engineering here.
His Dad studied here for sometime.



Mishael, Rayguel and Thomas 's daughter Nina.

Another sign defining the purpose of the institution.

Tree plantation and research

Students from all over India and
abroad study here.

A small garden near the administrative building

This sign says-Education grants
freedom to mankind.
I like the ornamental fir trees.
Namrita and I wearing thick winter clothes.
I am wearing my Dad 's jacket.

A lovely rock garden.
This is a link to the university website.
Take a look.
http://www.aaidu.org/
We had a great time visiting various friends
and had a nice dinner at Thomas and Annie 's.
They arranged a taxi to take us home.
We indeed were blessed.
This university has a theological college
and a strong evangelistic programme.
They hold a mega church
which has had a huge impact in our district (county) and the surrounding districts.
People from all over our state also come for church.
It is called .Yesu Darbar
Yesu Darbar is opening
new churches in different
parts of our state.

15 Fertilize my soul:

Kathryn said...

Wow. Wonderful pics.

You don't have much (time or weather) in between the hot & cold, do you? It is too bad you don't have more of the in between.

David may come by later today. Wish you could be here to share our cool but sunny weather.

Simply Shelley said...

Bless your hearts...110..and I thought it was getting to warm here....God be with you...the pictures were nice and very interesting...thanks for sharing them...blessings

madison said...

What an intresting post. Our temps are warmer than normal as well. I'm thinking it's going to be a very hot summer. We've already had a few humid days. Not normal April weather. This week has been more like June weather.

Sita said...

Great pics, Amrita...we've had amazingly great weather here in Toronto--compared to the previous years with record snowfalls...do take care..
Love, Sita
(having dental surgery on Friday..please pray that God will oversee all details..)

Mark said...

Wow. The hot weather comes much earlier for you than for us here. Glad you were able to enjoy your trip back in the winter. Stay cool! :-)

Holly, the Old Western Gal said...

What a lovely university! This isn't news to you, but India will be the biggest brain trust in the world in short order. Everything is ready to see a new and spectacular dawn of a golden age for your country.

Donetta said...

Hello Dear Lady
Trust the speaking of your mind has left your heart thumping strong with the courage due reward to you. You truly are an amazing soul.
Thinking about you.

the mother of this lot said...

I don't envy you those temperatures Amrita!

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hi Amrita:)

My blog has been blocked by the administrator. I don't know why.

I think I will have to start a new blog under a new ID and then get in touch with you.

Best wishes till then:)
Joseph

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hi Amrita:)

I read your comment that you can open my blog. But I am not able to open it. I get the sign-BLOCKED BT BY THE ADMINISTRATOR. I am not sure if someone is trying to trouble me.

I have started a new blog.A MAN ON THE MOVE WITH A NEW URL---pulikotilthomasjoseph.blogspot.com

Now I will have to get in touch with all my old friends and inform them. I suppose it will take time.

Best wishes Amrita:)
Joseph

David Edward said...

we do have the BEST weather...
even when we have to shovel out from under it

God bless you, my sister

Nadwrażliwiec said...

This pictures are interesting and beautiful :) The University looks really great. My University is oldest in the country, but not such big. But the best photo is with the cow :) It looks like the cow wants to learn too ;) It is funny :)
I see that winter in this part of India is green - in Poland it is snowy and cold. This year we had -20 degrees. But sometimes they aren't so frosty and for example, there is only 5 degrees.
I wish You a lot of God wisdom :)
Today in Kraków - 10 degrees of Celsius. Cold.
God bless You. In my newest note - artistic vision of some buildings in Kraków.

Anvilcloud said...

I have visited before. It looks like fine work is being done in north India.

Pia said...

very interesting! you know, seeing you and the others in winter clothes made me think how lovely that weather is... really. it's so hot in the philippines now. extremely hot! well, for me it is. btw, i love the gardens here. i love the greens!

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Wow it 's so hot in your place. Just to think that we are complaining about the hot weather here in the Philippines because of the El Nino weather phenomenon where the temperature ranges from 36 to 38 degrees celsius but it is 42 degrees celsius at your place. Wow, that's really hot. I hope you can adjust to that extreme hot weather. Thanks for the post. God bless you all always.