Sunday 25 April 2010

Sunday Blessings-Small Things

Sometimes a little thing like extra salt or pepper in the food I' ve cooked can teach me a lesson.

I can let it either frustrate me or humble me.
This is from Max Lucado encouraged me greatly.
Uncommon Use
“He gives grace to the humble.” James 4:6
Heaven may have a shrine to honor God’s uncommon use of the common.
It’s a place you won’t want to miss. Stroll through and see
Rahab’s rope,

Paul’s bucket,

David’s sling,

and Samson’s jawbone.

Wrap your hand around the staff that split the sea and smote the rock. Sniff the ointment that soothed Jesus’ skin and lifted his heart . . .
I don’t know if these items will be there. But I am sure of one thing—the people who used them will.
Can you recall a small thing which has taught you something recently?

15 Fertilize my soul:

Sita said...

I know Amrita..we sometimes forget that when we commit our day to God, He is present in all that He allows--sometimes it is evident, sometimes we have to think through it...
Blessings to you for this week...
Love, Sita

Amrita said...

Thank you for unerstanding Sita

Crown of Beauty said...

What a lovely post dear Amrita.

I love the pictures you posted with the words.

Praying for you today!

Blessings on your week...

Love
Lidj

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hi Amrita:)

This is indeed a wonderful post that reminds us of the amazing things that simple things like rope,bucket,a sling etc.has done to enrich and redeem the lives of people.

Even ordinary things like a sun set or sun rise,a roll of the waves on the sea,the waving of the branches of a tree on account of the wind,a little flower on the foot path, a skipping child in the park,a bird flying in the air etc. are merely ordinary things which many may not notice in their busy day to day schedule. But people who take time to watch these little things get immense pleasure and happiness.Invariably these little things make us wonder at the might,wonder and beauty of our magnificent Creator.

The main problem with most of us is that we don't have the time. Or that is the excuse.We just don't have the time to stand and admire and enjoy these little things that are happening every day in our lives.We have the time to go to the movies,fairs,cricket matches,fashion shows and other mega events by paying money to entertain ourselves but these little things don't attract our attention because they are free and readily available.

Have a nice day Amrita:)
Joseph

Simply Shelley said...

Hello dear Amrita,this was a wonderful post and very thought provoking...God has took some of the smallest and most insignificant things in my life and use them to teach me huge life lessons...he still uses the foolish things to confound the wise....I am glad he sometimes chooses to work this way in my life...it always seems more meaningful to me....have a blessed week....

Abigail Jasmine said...

I needed to read such words.
Thanks you lovely woman of God!!


Love to you,
ABigail

Felisol said...

Dear Amrita,
What an intelligent and appropriate reminder in these times flooding with must have gadgets.
While God, Almighty makes wonders through bits and pieces all the time.
Great Bible lesson for the week to come.

Nadwrażliwiec said...

Last evening I read in the Revelation of St. John about the church in Ephesus. It showed me that the presentation of seven churches isn't reserved only for Revelation in concret situation of history, but it is actual view of different attitudes and behavior of believers. I understood that last time I lost my first love - I've concetrated too much on apologetics and observance of the commandments. It was sad lesson, but needed. Maybe I will write about this soon.

Amrita said...

My dear friends thank you for your valuable comments.

Dear Zim (Ewa, may you grow in the Lord day by day and discover new truths from His Word.

Robin said...

indeed.
you are a blessing to us amrita:)

Nadwrażliwiec said...

My real name is Ala, not Ewa ;)
You are absolutely right, Amrita. Even if I read this same book of Bible once again, I always see new senses. I believe that God give us the understanding His wonderful Word.

Becka said...

First you are a blessing in all that you write,

I myself should think more about the small things,

One of mine that I try to do everyday is at night when Im telling my kids good night, I always then call them by a nickname I have pick for each of them, I can think back on my pawpaw & he always had a nickname just for me, & I loved it.
Becka

Rebecca said...

small thing that has blessed me...
I think I am blessed everytime I hold a key in my hand...
keys not only keep me safe from intruders but they open places to me that otherwise would be impossible for me to enter.
And of course this rings true spiritually as well.
There are specific keys which unlock specific truths and allow them to become a reality in my life..
I think often of this as I cannot get through a day without holding different keys in my hands and using them!

Amrita said...

Dear Mr Pulikoyil, you live in a place of natural beauty, you have plenty of sights telling you of God 's marvelous creation.

Dear Felisol, I saw the anemones on your blog and they show mw how God takes care of small things.

Rebecca, thank you for your insightful conttribution.

Hi Becka that was sweet. I hope snakes and spiders are far away from you

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Yes, you have a point there Amrita. There are small seemingly insignificant things that have turned other people's lives. It is the small things that we sometimes disregard that God may use to teach valuable lessons to us. Thanks for the significant post. God bless you all always.