Thursday 4 October 2012

Day 28- The Real Jesus

Let  me  share  with  you  a  devotional  by  Max  Lucado which reminds  me  that  my  Saviour lived  a  life   just   like me. He  faced  the  twists  and  turns   and  rough  edges  of  life   just  as I  do.
He was not  cushioned  in  comfort  like  a  prince  .
Neither  was he sequestered  in  solitude  like  a  hermit.
Being  very God ,  he was  completely human.
Defies  human comprehension.
But it  draws  me  closer to Him.
Here is  Lucado 's article

Completely Human


When a bookstore owner told me a woman had stomped into his shop, angry, slamming one of my books on the counter, I knew exactly what he was talking about. I wrote that Jesus may have had pimples. He may have had bony knees. But I said, “One thing’s for sure, he was, while completely divine, completely human.”

There’s something safe about a God who never had calluses. There’s something majestic about a God who never scraped his elbow. But there’s also something cold about a God who cannot relate to what you and I feel.

Rejection? He felt it. Temptation? He knew it. Loneliness? He experienced it. Death? He tasted it. And stress? He could write a best-selling book about it.

Why did he do it? One reason. So that when you hurt, you’ll go to him and let him heal you!

“For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin. Hebrews 4:15.”

From In the Eye of the Storm
Check out Max’s guest blog at Ministry Matters!

1 Fertilize my soul:

Nadwrażliwiec said...

In the newspaper of my7 church there was great article about the birth of Jesus. Author very simple noticed: how great God became an infant, who needs diapers, being feed, who can't speak and even walk. He wrote, that it is real miracle, so amazing.