Wednesday 17 October 2012

Day 37- Mirrors

Indianapolis-born and New York City-based photographer Daniel Kukla spent last March living in Joshua Tree National Park in southern California as part of an artist’s residency. While hiking and driving, he would catch glimpses of the border where the Sonoran Desert met the high Mojave. In the ecological sciences, the border space created by the meeting of distinct ecosystems is referred to as the edge effect. To document this unique confluence of terrains, Kukla took a large mirror and painter’s easel into the wilderness and captured opposing elements within the environment. Using a single visual plane, this series of images unifies the play of temporal phenomena, contrasts of color and texture, and natural interactions of the environment itself.
His photo project has been published in the New York Times, The Washington Post, and National Geographic and many more.
www.amuzingplanet.com






 
 
 
Daniel 's creativity and expertise  is  clearly reflected in  these  magic  mirrors. My  favourite  is  the  last  one  with  the   stars  shining  in   the  deep   dark  night  sky. The  stars  look  like  pearls  sewn on velvet cloth.
Which is   yours?

In  1  Cor. 13;12  the  Bible  says that "Now we  see  in  a  mirror dimly, but then face to  face, now I know  in part, but then I shall  know  fully just  as  I  also have  been fully   known.

My  experience  of God is  sufficient  for  this   earthly life ,  but  it  is  not  complete. Its  like  peering into a dark , milky mirror compared  to what I will  find  in heaven.  Then I  will  know God as  He  knows  me   now,  completely.
 All  mysteries  and questions  will  be  solved.

Till  then...
Mirrored here may our  lives , tell His  story.

6 Fertilize my soul:

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Very interesting, Amrita! I like the last one also! He has really set his mirrors well, capturing blades of grass or rocks in the foreground which gives the near and far picture of things.

Amrita said...

That 's right C-A, really fascinating....like from the earth to the sky

Felisol said...

Dear Amrita,
You never stop amazing me with new depths and such a variety of topic, all ending up to praise the Lord.
You are a source to wisdom and joy.
Love the art, love the starry sky.
From Felisol

Nadwrażliwiec said...

I really enjoyed photoes! Yes, during our life we won't know everything - we don't know everything about the Earth, so what should we say about spiritual miracles? One day I read and interview with scientist - he was genetic. He told that this all knowledge about human genes, which we have now - it is only the top of ice mountain. So it is the sign, that we should be humble and remember about it.

Jada's Gigi said...

Very cool! i don't know which is my favorite...too hard to choose! I do love the concept of our lives mirroring His in this life....

Amrita said...

Dear friend s thank you for your comments. I am sorry I have not been unable to pay you a visit, but soon I will. God bless you