Saturday 20 October 2012

Day 40- Practice the Presence


St Joseph 's  Cathedral

I  have come to the  ultimate post  of  my 40 day pilgrimage.
Sometimes  I  felt    God  breathing down my back.
Sometimes  He  appeared  to be  distant , yet  very much present.
He  has  made  Himself known in sunshine  and   the  rain.
In noise and in silence.
I have  heard  Him knocking at  the   door of  my  heart.
And  when I opened the door, we supped  together.
I have felt His presence as an individual and as  a part  of  a community.

This  is  the  end  of  my  40 day excursion my my  life 's  odyssey continues in which I hope I shall practise  the  presence  of  Christ in the mundane or  humdrum and  the  exciting and ethereal experiences.

"...we should establish ourselves in a sense of  God 's presence by continually conversing with Him.
...it is a  shameful thing to quit His conversation to think of trifles  and  fooleries.
That we  should feed  and  nourish our  souls  with  high  notions of  God,  which would yield us great joy in being devoted  to Him."
(Brother  Lawrence - I edited  the  quote)


Psalm 139;7-10
Where can I go from Your Spirit
Or where can I flee from Your presence?
8 If I ascend to heaven, You are there;
If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there.
9 If I take the wings of the dawn,
If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea,
10 Even there Your hand will lead me,
And Your right hand will lay hold of me.
(BIBLE)

 

8 Fertilize my soul:

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Congratulations! You right through to the finish line of this marathon! It was a good 40 Days and I know I have become much more aware of looking for evidence of God's presence!

Life and Breath and Everything Else said...

You have a lovely blog. I'm your newest follower. Blessings.

David C Brown said...

40 days!!! All eternity!!!

Amrita said...

Hello Lauren, you are an excellent photographer and togethe r with the scriptures they make an inspiring combination. Welcome to my blog. I am following you too

Just Be Real said...

Yaaah! Blessings to you Amrita.

Ash said...

You are truly inspirational, Amrita. Honestly, every time I visit your blog, I feel closer to God.

Donetta said...

good morning
a hugs to you. may this be a sweet day for you. that scripture is a comfort. sleep came for me last night, what a wonderful gift. those simple things so precious. My wish is that your day be pleasant .

Buttercup said...

This has been a beautiful journey. Thanks!