Monday 17 March 2008

Monday - Temple cleansing

Jesus cleansed the temple saying,"My Father 's house shall be called the house of prayer, but you have made it a den of thieves". Matthew 21;12-16





I need the Lord to clean my heart too.Worldly things and the flesh enter which render me spiritually ineffective at times.

Let me show you these pretty nasturtiums from our garden.
Now I am going to make fried donuts for tomorrow prayer meeting in our house. And after that I am going to the Pastor 's house for a house prayer meeting.

14 Fertilize my soul:

Renae said...

Thank you for this daily trek through Holy Week. I'll bring my children to your site each day, to discuss what happened each day.

Thank you for the nasturtiums!

--r

Rebecca said...

Those flowers are really delicious in a salad, and make it pretty also! (As long as you have not sprayed them with some chemical, which I doubt!!) We also had a good Palm Sunday Service with the whole parading around the church with Palm Leaves etc.....this will be a busy week with all the different services all with their special meaning...

Simply Shelley said...

Hello Dear Amrita, thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures with us. You are so right about our hearts needing to be clean from time to time. Our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit,but it is so easy to allow worldly things to creep in at times, I am so thankful the Lord is so forgiving and will make us clean once again,just for the asking.
May God bless you this week and hope you have a wonderful Easter.

Happy St. Patricks Day, Shelley

Angie said...

Our pastor preached on this very thing yesterday. This has been my prayer too...may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to You O God.

Beatiful flowers. Praying still for Auntie P.

Dick said...

Lovely flowers, I think they are here too.

Calfkeeper said...

Thank you for your comments, and for your wonderful blog here. I appreciate the scriptures and your commentary on them. I will continue to pray for Aunty P.

Rebecca

the mother of this lot said...

Hope you get your cleaning done Amrita!

Kostas said...

Hi Amrita
Splendid post.
This reasons should sound in our ears and pray for the salvation of our soul!

Gudl said...

We all are spiritual unclean at times!! I think you are doing the right thing by attending prayer meetings and church. I think God is pleased with you!

Felisol said...

Dear Amrita,
your bloggs are getting more and more elaborate, containing food for body, mind and soul.
I always think of Jesus when he cleansed the temple when I visit famous churches around Europe.
There are those who function more like museums with "gift" shops within the church. That is obnoxious to me. At least hey should have the decency to keep their merchandise outside the room of worship.

As for the nasturtiums, I dried the seeds last autumn and my mother sowed new ones in every pot on our terrace Saturday.
Their leaves can be eaten, but you know that. They contains quinine and I use them in salads as well for my summer colds.

Have a good "quiet week" as this week is called in Norway.
From yours Felisol

monsoon dreams said...

thats my prayer too,amrita.

Donetta said...

The kids and I watched a movie of the life of Jesus from the book of Luke it was wonderful. A child under each arm asking all the best questions that had all the holiest of answers. What a great evening.

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Amrita,
Jesus does not have to clean your heart again because when you accepted Him as your Lord and savior, He already did that. Jesus holiness and righteousness have been imputed upon you and the Father no longer see your countenance but that of His beloved Son Jesus Christ. Focus on the love of God for you and do not focus on your love for God for that is finite and always waning. God's righteousnes, holiness and glory are reflected on us when we decided to walk with the Lord. Meditate on Ephesians 2:8 and see how lofty the Father has made us who is with Christ Jesus. "And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with Him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus..." And where is Jesus seated? He is seated at the right hand of the Father. That means those who live in Jesus Christ are seated with Him at the right hand of the Father. Isn't that revelation wonderful? We must never dwell in our old sinful past. That was dead the moment we were born again. We are now a new creation in Christ Jesus. If we inadvertently sin, we confess it immediately and let the blood of Jesus wash clean our sin. Jesus already did everything for us. We just have to accept the full benefits of His triumph at Calvary. Thanks for the post sister. God bless you and your loved ones always my friend.

Aura said...

Missed a lot of your post lately Amrita.Hope you well..

We all do need some spiritual cleansing at times.

Thank you for all the wonderful post.