Thursday 13 March 2008

Sunny Side Up

Sunflowers are one of my favourite flowers. This one is the smaller variety, we 'll have the larger ones later on. Here is one saying, "Have a Sunny Day" to everyone.
I had fun with the photo enhancer my friend Terry mailed me. She also introduced me into the Pilgrim Pals family for which I am so happy.

This is a dish of Rasam I made today.It is a tangy spicy tomato soup from South India which you have after a meal as it helps to digest the food. You put various spices, tamarind juice and jaggery (gur-its sweet) into it.In South India they make it very hot, you can call it fire water. But my version is mild.

Here are pictures of Veenod, (Vinod) the boy who delivers our cooking gas on his bicycle. He lost his father.He stopped studying and started working to support his mother and younger brother whom he is sending to school.



Went to see Aunt P in the evening. She was all alone on her bed with the traction on. I 'm glad I didn 't bump into her daughter and SIL as they drain me emotionally and spiritually.People from her neighbourhood came to see her. I told her next time I come I will take a towel etc and give her a sponge wash and put body lotion on her as she needs it.
She asked me to pray for her. So I laid my hands on her and prayed for her and her family.
Friends please pray for this poor lady, Her name is Premlata. Also pray for her daughter Shaloo and SIL Bunty.They need to be saved.Satan has blinded their eyes, they have rejected God.
On the way home to stopped at a vegetable market to pick up some fresh green peas and onions.
To reach the hospital I have to go on a highway I can call suicide highway as its narrow and has heavy traffic.The young rickshaw driver got a yelling from me. He was so rash I said," If you want to die please do it alone not with me on your vehicle".
He was careful after that.

13 Fertilize my soul:

Prem said...

Give my love to Premlata Aunty tell her we will pray for her.This Friday night we have half night fasting and prayer.We will remember to pray specially for the needs at Allahabad.Amrita you are changing your world.All it requires is the love of Jesus and doing one act of random kindness.Stay Blessed.We are kings and daughters of the king.That Rasam is my favourite.
Prem

jel said...

Hi Amrita,
thanks for stopping by!
and thanks for sharing !

monsoon dreams said...

hi amrita,
rasam is real fire water in south india.
hope premlatha gets well soon.

Pat said...

You are so busy, cooking and caring for the sick and needy - you are Gods hands extended in love.
That picture of the sunflower is so pretty, it would brighten any day.
That road to the hospital sounds very dangerous - I'm afraid I would need to rest in a hospital bed after traveling on it!

the mother of this lot said...

I bet the rickshaw driver hopes he doesn't get you again for a passenger!

Renae said...

You are so funny, putting that driver in his place! Good for you!

You inspire me. Thank you for providing such a beautiful, living display of Christ's love. And thank you for the flower pictures! They always make me smile. I think I may try to plant something in your honor. :-)

David Warren Fisher said...

Amrita:

I'm pleased that we finally have you connected with the PILGRIM PALS. Thanks to Terry for her efforts. I "dropped the ball" as we say here in North America and didn't respond to your e-mail when I should have.

I have listed your blog as The Pilgrim Pals' featured blog for the month of March. Check it out at our site.

Glad you're one of us now. God bless you richly, Amrita.

In His love,

David, the Pilgrim

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Hi Amrita!
Just love to see the pix you put up! Difficult to imagine steering a little bike like that lop-sided by a tank of gas! And we sit in our homes of luxury and complain when a sink gets clogged!

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Oh, I forgot to answer the question you asked me on my blog -- yes, I did go back to Africa once since leaving for a year -- but that was MANY years ago now! I doubt that I could ever go back. Everything has changed! Even as the two pix in that post show, the house we lived in is now just a heap of mud on the ground! who would have ever thought that scrawny frangipani tree would have outlived the house! But, more importantly, the people have been scattered and wounded by the war. Although the war is supposed to be over, the effects of the war will never be over!

the mother of this lot said...

Amrita, came back to say The Fixer has made you an award! Come over and collect it!

Shari said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Usually the driver doesn't feel the "bumps" and curves as much as passengers do so they don't really think their driving affects their riders. Good for you for speaking up.

Shari said...

Just prayed for Premlata and her family, that Shaloo adn SIL Bunty will come to see the truth. I know what you mean about how some can be spiritually and emotionally draining.

j said...

I call those flowers "black eyed Susans". You are right - they are cheerful!

Jen

OH! and way to tell that young man about his driving!