Saturday 29 March 2008

They are not poor because they are lazy

I found this video which I want to share with you. This has been filmed in Bangladesh. But this could be India or any other poor country

16 Fertilize my soul:

Kate said...

Awesome video! I'll show it to Sara tomorrow - she always wants to know what kids in other countries are like.

Donetta said...

A Peak into your world. My goodness the trials are fierce. I trust that you too will endure and stand fast.

Amrita said...

The divide between the haves and haves not is very wide in our world.
It just tears the heart into pieces.

child labour is banned in India but still you can see chuldren working in shops and homes.

Calfkeeper said...

I wish I were able to see the video, but I am on dial up and it takes forever.

Anyway, the fact that child labour still exists in so many countries is heartbreaking.

I am praying for your aunties and your family members.

Also wanted you to know I love the sailboat analogy; it's very comforting.

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Well, my blogging buddy across the world ...

Today my daughter and I attended a funeral. Afterwards a lady, Seeta, came up to Kinza and said something like, "Is your face on a blog?"

She has recently visited your blog and came to mine from you and saw all of Kinza's goofy zit photos!

How's that for a small blogging community! Sorry, I haven't finished exploring this post -- on the way out again but just had to pass on this blogging adventure!

KOSTAS said...

Marvellous video, cute children's and persons with grins!

Amrita said...

Hi Carol-Ann
Sita told me about it. what a coincidence.Maybe i will bump into you somewhere in this world, but definitely in the next.LOL

yes Kostas the kids look so cute and smiling.

Renae said...

Wonderful video. I'll show it to my children tomorrow. We have talked about, many times, how blessed we are to live in the U.S. where education is offered freely to all children.

Thank you for sharing this. I am blessed to have found you!

surjit singh said...

Hello Amrita,
You have shown the reality.
God has provided everything in ample for the humanity.The problem here is the uneven distribution.
God bless.

Shari said...

What a great video. I want to work it into my blog sometime and get up on my soapbox. I think that most "well off" people have a misunderstanding about poverty - worldwide, and even in the U.S. They think that if you're poor, just go get a job. But, there are so many more factors as to why someone is poor. This video is a real eye opener. I'm glad that you found it.

Amrita said...

You are right Renae, Surjit and Shari,
There are different causes of poverty,
people are born poor and they cannot redeem themselves
sometimes its their own doing...bad choices
physical disability can make someone poor as they cannot find employment...in the under-developed countries that is.
lack of education and over population also are contributers..

That is why we who have been blessed by God have a responsibility towards those who are in need.That"s what Jesus encouraged His disciples to do,"You feed them". He said.

Felisol said...

Amen to that, Amrita dearest.
From Felisol

Stephanie said...

Hi Amrita,
This is my first visit here...I think I jumped here from Shari's site on Soapbox Sunday. I will plan to come back here to read more about your life in India. I have never been there, but we sponsor a young girl there through our church. In fact, a group of our members are leaving later this week for the WINGS children home in Ongole. I wrote a post about Swapna recently. If you would like to read it, I would love to invite you over to http://iliftmyeyesuptothehills.blogspot.com/2008/03/sweet-swapna.html.

God bless you!
Stephanie

monsoon dreams said...

amrita,
thanks a lot for sharing this video.it is very sad that these kids have earn for a living when they are supposed to be enjoying their childhood.

Simply Shelley said...

Hello Dear Amrita,sorry but I could not see the video as I have dail up internet service. It takes forever. I have heard news of child labor and it is very sad to me.I love the post about the Harbours. It was very meaningful to me as my parents are getting along in their years.I pray for your loved ones.

Blessings,Shelley

nvittal said...

I watched this video other day. It shows the truth. Unfortunately, there is a notion (especially among conservative Republicans here in US) that poor are poor because they are lazy. I've even heard some of the conservative radio talk show hosts blaming missionaries and NGOs for sending money and food to poor parts of the world.