Friday 11 April 2008

Hanging in there

Mahima and Sheeba on a rickshaw , two years ago.



I have one big toe in. The fridge has not come back from the workshop. Should be in today.


Sheeba and I went to vet again yesterday.She enjoyed the ride.We passed several stray cows and dogs and an un-stray {my vocab}horse and water buffaloes. The vet pronounced her as fit as a fiddle.But we got her preventive and vaccine shots which drew painful and ferocious protests from her. [She 's been watching Richard Gere protesting on TV] And by the evening she was doing Jackie Chan like stunts in the garden.
I am praying the fridge comes back. We 'll just have curd-rice with pickles and salad for lunch and pumpkin stir fry for dunner.
Jimmy and Sheeba last year.
My Jimmy lies over the mountain.
My Jimmy lies over the hill
My Jimmy lies over the mountain
Oh bring back my Jimmy to me.

16 Fertilize my soul:

Felisol said...

Dear Amrita,
I have been taken aside lately and not been able to get my daily Indian injection of joy of life.
You were so good looking, both Sheeba and you riding the rickshaw.
They day the way you care abut the animals tells a lot about the person you really are.
Well, you are swell!
About the frog, I think this is one of Aesop's fables,
Two frogs fell into a bucket of milk and were in no way able to climb out.
The first said with no spirit of hope;" I'll never get out, The walls are to high, I might as well die." He gave up and drowned.
The other said," As long as there is life, there's hope, I'll never give in!" He kept swimming until the milk turned into butter and was able to jump out from his butter island.Free.
That's the difference between the optimist and the pessimist.
I'm glad you belong the ones who never give in. I think you have got a lot to cope with, but you are so brave.
From Felisol

Angie said...

I agree wholeheartedly with Felisol! So glad Sheeba is back to her stunts. I would love to go for a ride in a rickshaw with you and Sheeba. Have a blessed day and hopefully that fridge will be back very soon.

Ash said...

Cute! Good to hear she's doing fine.

Renae said...

Sheeba is quite the expert on Hollywood film stars . . . :-) Glad she is doing better. Praying your fridge comes back today.

--r

Sita said...

Aha, someone's feeling silly today...so great God gave us a sense of humour! I understand a little how 'slow' things happen in your end of the world. We take a lot for granted here in the west.

By the way, still can't do that award thing. Got the new computer but not yet internet connected. Not sure of any photo program on it. Anyway, if you have brainflashes for me, send it along.
Love, Sita

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Amrita,
Everything will be fine. Your refrigerator will be delivered soon. And your days will get better. I wonder where Jimmy is. Did he die already? Thanks for the interesting post. God bless you and your loved ones always.

Saija said...

the pets that have graced our lives are a blessing, aren't they?

i didn't tell you that we had a young man from India sitting beside us on our way back to toronto, did i? he was really really tall, and i felt so sorry for him because the seats didn't give much room for his legs ... he was very polite and excited about going to toronto ... he had never seen snow or been outside india before ... he was coming to work for 6 months ... and even tho' he was excited about his adventure, the nerves were showing too ... i felt badly for him - so far from home ...

Amrita said...

I 've also heard that story Felisol. its a good one.

Thank you for all your comments. The fridge has not turned up...5 days have passed.Hopefully today.

Mel, my Jimmy died last April. I miss him a lot.

today my BIL arrives and I 've not been able to buy extra groceries, as they would spoil in the heat. So today I 'll buy a small supply just enough for the day and see what happens.

Sometimes I feel men take advantage of women and do things slowwer for them as they can 't breathe down their necks or tongue-stab them like their own gender.

Amrita said...

Hi Angie, please come over and I will take you for lots of rickshaw rides.I 'm sure you will enjoy them, specially in the evenings when its cool.And I 'll make sure they don 't over-charge you.That will be fun.

Smiling ...Remae, Sheebs sits under my chair when i am watching telly so I guess the vibrations pass thru her LOL.

monsoon dreams said...

hi amrita,
you must be so relieved that sheeba is fine.good.hope your fridge comes soon:-)

Kostas said...

Hi Amrita
Marvellous the comment, splendid the photographs, cute the Sheeba and beautiful the Mahima!

Pat said...

There's the promised picture of Sheeba on a rickshaw - I love it! How bright and clean she looks, she's so pretty.
Oh I hope your fridge comes back home today...I can't imagine being that long with out one. Keep swimming, your about to make some excellent butter!

JO said...

Grat post and great news your dog is doing better - That picture is so cute of them together - at least you have one good friend left - enjoy pampering your baby while he's over the hill :)

Donetta said...

I am so glad Sheeba is doing fine. Sorry for the loss of Jimmy. I trust you will have the chill box soon. I met a child adopted from India today. She was such a beautiful sweet young lady of 12 yrs or so.

Rebecca said...

Amrita, what is curd rice?

Amrita said...

Hi Rebecca,
Curd rice is made with plain yogurt or curd and boiled or steamed rice. You boil and drain the rice. In a pan heat a little oil put in some mustard seeds when they begin to splutter tip in some curry leaves, dried chilli if you want, some chopped up onion, little powdered tumeric and salt and stir fry for a while add plain beaten yogurt and mix well. You can add nuts and raisins also if you like.Add this mixture to the cooked rice , mix well and its ready to eat.