Tuesday 8 April 2008

My beautiful Family

I have asked you to pray for Prem and his mother.I want to show you their family.
(left)- Anju (my sister) and Prem
(below) Ashish (meaning blessing) with Anju. He is finishing B.B.A. and already has a job as a finance advisor in a bank.



Relaxing on the lawn is Mahima , ( Name means Glory) she is 15 years and in High School.She likes painting and photography.They are all very strong in the Lord and involved in church.
_________________________
I want to add a little cultural bit here.
People from an economically backward background buy daily rations (staples) in small quantities.They say that if they buy groceries etc in bulk, which would be cheaper ,their relatives and neighbours come around and borrow flour, sugar or oil etc. which they can 't refuse.Many times the borrowed items are not returned. So the poor folk buy their supplies in small quantities.
Many of them don 't own bicycles for the same reason.Their bicycles would become the neighbourhood property.These are their struggles.

16 Fertilize my soul:

monsoon dreams said...

wonderful snaps.thanks for sharing,dear.

Natalie said...

what great pics and to now that they are strong in the Lord. How wonderful!

Renae said...

Beautiful family, Amrita!

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

You are tagged. Please go to my blog- Random Thoughts, and read my latest post "10 Reasons Why I Blog." After reading it, please make your on post on "10 Reasons Why I Blog," then copy the tagboard after the meme and add your name next to mine. Then tag as many persons as you could, giving them these same instructions. Please copy and include the tagboard after your meme and instruct those you will tag to do the same. This will ensure a tremendous surge in the number of traffic and viewers in our respective blogs. Do this and see how traffic and viewership figures in your blog increase exponentially. Thank you very much and God bless.

Simply Shelley said...

Hello Dear Amrita,what a lovely family. I pray for the healing of your BIL's mother.Take care Amrita and God bless you and the family...

Blessings,Shelley

Carol-Ann Allen said...

The pics are lovely!
I'm assuming Ashish is Anju's son -- what must it feel like to have to reach up a full arm's length to ruffle your son's hair! And Mahima is stunning! Looks much beyond 15 years!

Had to smile wanly over the cultural clip -- brings back memories of Africa ... I could see that kind of reasoning being almost necessary for reasonable survival.

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Hmm....
Had to come right back and disagree with myself! (Pretty serious when you start commenting back to yourself in blogisphere! It's bad enough to get caught talking to myself in my car!) Anyway, on with it ....

I disagree with the observation, "I could see that kind of reasoning being almost necessary for reasonable survival".

(And now after my disagreement with myself, I erased my comment and am starting again because I disagreed with my disagreement!)

I started to make a platitude about how it is in giving that even our meager quantities are multiplied!

Help! I only had to type that one to see the error!

These people are not necessarily unwilling to share! They are unwilling to be ripped off and that is the height of wisdom and integrity. At great personal cost they are being good stewards of what they have been given to work with! Hats off!

Kimmie said...

Hi Amrita (sweet Amrita)...
Does your name have meaning too?
Your family is beautiful (and very photogenice)...I will continue to pray for them...May God's hand and favor rest over them (and you).

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

Pat said...

Beautiful, beautiful family - how often to you get to see them?
I also love your cultural sharing, we need to be aware of the struggles and joys of people all over the world, not just our own backyard.

Donetta said...

I hope your having a lovely day.

Amrita said...

thank you dear dear frinds for all your lovely comments.God has given me a blessed family and you are part of it too. The Spirit of Christ makes us one no matter what country or culture we are from.

The meaning of my name is "life giving water". Its a snaskrit word.

Carol-Ann i enjoyed reading your comment.i an learning so much about the west through blogs and so I want to share something about my part of the planet with the rest of the world which may not catch the notice of the media.

Thank you so much.


Mel thanks for the tag. Hope you don 't mind if I take a little time as i have to do Jackie 's tag first.

Angie said...

Beautiful faces. I love learning about India and other places. Thank you.

JO said...

Great pics - Beautiful family - still in my prayers :)

Shari said...

I'm glad that you added in the cultural information. That is very interesting and I hadn't realized that.

Amrita said...

Yes Shari, the financially backward people have their own economics. We live in such a diverse country that we come across these variations.

But I tell you the poor are very generous and hospitable too.If you go to their house they will offer you even a dry piece of bread if they have it.they have a heart.

Dick said...

Nice to see your family. The cultural information is interesting, I think I would do the same, understandable and cheaper after all.