Sunday 13 April 2008

Sunday Blessings - We shall overcome

Got Prem from the airport yesterday afternoon. We are so happy to see him after 4 years.Lots of news to catch on,altho we talk regularly on the Internet and phone.


Prem preached in church today. Genesis 22...Abraham asked to sacrifice Issac. He went through a fiery trial trusting God and how God tested his faith and provided the ram. Prem spoke from his heart as he himself is going through trials.
I still don 't have my ice-b0x back.I think the guy is leading me up the garden path and I am quite mad at him.

Our car 's water pump is leaking and the how Lord took us to and back to the airport was a miracle.I had 2 large bottles of water and the driver filled up the radiator when it heated up.Prem walked up to our garage and got these 2 teenage boys (in the picture)they said they would fix the car tomorrow, of course the seniors will also be there.
Now we will walk down to the shops and buy and mangoes and sweets which Prem is longing for.
Anju called from New Brunswick (over the Internet) and gave a comprehensive shopping list of stuff she wants from India.
And she told me that they will gift me with a microwave oven. Hurray!
I 've been dreaming about a microwave since ages.
The Lord is good.

Today my anthem is "We shall Overcome"
Second choice..."The Battle Hymn of the Republic'
My dear English friend , Jackie of mother 's pride gave this award.Thank you Jackie.God bless you.

24 Fertilize my soul:

Angie said...

Singing We Shall Overcome with you my friend. Glad Prem made it in ok.

Kimmie said...

Sorry things are a bit rough. Glad you get to visit with Prem.

God bless you, you definitely are a lady of distinction in the Kingdom.

hugs
Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

Renae said...

Congrats on the microwave! Perhaps I'll send you some recipes, though I'm sure you don't need any!

Bless you, Amrita!

--r

Saija said...

4 years is a long time between visits ...

and yay re the micro!!! :o)

Donetta said...

I love the old hymn "we shall overcome" Oh deep in my heart I still believe...
How exciting about the micro wave. I hope that your strife with the ice box ends. Pray for that fellow.:)
It may not just be about the ice box.

Mrs. Mac said...

It has been too long since I payed you a visit. My head 'swims' some days with mothering my family (now grandmothering my grandson too ;) I had company for two weeks and didn't have as much access to my computer (guest room is also computer room) You will enjoy the microwave oven. You don't know how handy they are until you get one. I hope your car will soon be fixed and that you enjoy your visit with Prem. Hang in there especially with the appliance/car/dog havoc. Give it to God to carry. Hugs

Mrs. Mac said...

P.S. thanks for the 'garland' award. You have blessed my day.

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

hello Amrita, Thnaks for your sundaywishes and your visit I am back from Belgium now...

monsoon dreams said...

amrita,
its always a joy to meet relatives,esp after long intervals.amrita,in genesis 22,isnt abraham who was asked to sacrifice isaac?

Amrita said...

Thank you so much Monsoon Dreams. I immediately corrected my mistake.Now you know how stressed I was when i wrote that post didn 't know x from y.LOL

yes Renae do send me some recepies.

Thank you friends for your encouraging words.I am hanging in there. Prem 's visit is also a booster.

jel said...

thanks Amrita, for the visit,

hope ya enjoy your with Prem !

may your day be blessed!

Pat said...

I'm starting to wonder if the fridge repairman has claimed your fridge as his own!
Through all your trials, I never fail to see God providing a way of escape and provision for you...I will pray and tell Him you no longer need a visual demonstration of faith...you've gotten the picture by now, but maybe it's meant for one of us out here who read your blog, your always such an encouragement.
Enjoy your new microwave - they are great!

Kate said...

Yes, I've heard that the mangoes we are able to get here are NOTHING in camparison to yours.

Jeanette said...

Hi Amrita. I hope you are enjoying your visit and that your fridge is back home by now. Doing without that must be very hard for you.

The microwave will help with many things, but I don't think food tastes as good cooked in it. Maybe I just don't know what I'm doing!! I use mine mostly for defrosting and reheating.

JO said...

Good luck with the car... Enjoy your microwave - they are handy - nice to make a quick cup of tea - hot water in a flash :)

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Kinza and I are home today -- her tummy is tumbling! So I'm doing a round of blogs as she sleeps between "episodes"! Mini is in her box under the kitchen table and every now and then I hear her give a huge sigh! It's just too cute! She knows something isn't right today! Later on I plan to throw her in the tub and give her a spring-grooming. Clippers for hair and nails are set out ready on the table. Come to think of it, maybe THAT is the cause of the sighs!

I have to echo a bit from all comments above. Microwaves are marvelous! I agree with Jeanette (must be the familial tastebud test) with a few exceptions (like baked potatoes) I prefer the flavour of food cooked on the regular stove. But for quick warm-ups and hot drinks it is wonderful.

nvittal said...

Microwaves are handy...especially for heating up leftovers ...like rice, dosa, chapati and side dishes. It makes it feel really fresh...

Simply Shelley said...

Hello Amrita, we are overcomers,by the blood of the lamb. Praying you will have your fridge back soon..and your car will be up and running soon. So glad to hear that Sheeba is fit as a fiddle....

God bless ,Shelley

Dick said...

4 years is a very long time, enjoy your time together.

Felisol said...

Dear Amrita,
Enjoy your microwave, you are so busy with all impossible kinds of problems, like car, water, fridge and electricity not workinng, I am amazed.
Microwave may not always be as tasty as stove cooked food, but it's a great time saver. You sure do need that now.
God bless you and your work.
Best wishes from Felisol

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Friend,
May I request, if it is not too much of a burden to you, to please subscribe to my Feedburner Feeds either through email or to my RSS Feed Reader. You can find them at the upper portion of my sidebars at all my blogs. This will save you the time of going over to my blogs to find out if I have made a new posting. The FeedBurner will automatically transmit, either through email or Feed Reader (whichever you choose), any new post that I make. This will facilitate linkages between us. I will do the same for you if you have your own feeds, but if you still don't have I will still visit your blog as often as I could. Just inform me via email or through your comment in any of my blogs that you have already enrolled in any of my feeds so that I can reciprocate your gesture. I will appreciate it very much if you could do this as it will definitely boost ranking for my blogs. Thank you very much for your usual kind cooperation and patronage of my blogs. God bless you and your loved ones always.

Leslie JS said...

congrats on getting the microwave! I have to disagree a little with the friend above as to how fresh food turns out after using a microwave. Sometimes the food will come out dry. A way around it is to put in some filtered water in the food, and keep it covered with another microwave-safe dish, and the food should heat up without being too dry.

Terry said...

Dear Amrita...Did you get my email?
Let me know OK because I want to write you but I don't think I am getting through...
You have such nice family pictures here...Love Terry

Amrita said...

Thank you Pals for all your tips.I am raedy to go. I made rice which turned out so good and the hesting jobs are so quick.

Renae your recepies are so good. Gotta try them.

Carol-Ann I hope Kinza is feeling better.
And Mini got clipped and sheared.I have to give de-worming tablets to Sheeba, she had one.

Mel, I am subscribing to all my blog friends through bloglines, which Carol-Ann suggested. Its easy to stay in touch that way.

Kate the mangoes we are getting now are not so good. The real tasty stuff will come in the market in May.but prem had them after along time, so he relished them.