Tuesday 22 April 2008

Saying Goodbye

It was hard to say goodbye to Prem on Monday afternoon. He is not only a brother in Christ but also a father figure to me. His name, Prem means love but his second name should be Barnabas...son of encouragement.

Took these pictures before leaving for the airport.We felt so low and blue.

Returning from the airport I took these shots from the moving car to amuse myself.These cows are walking in to catch to next flight to Timbuktu.
On the way back the road looked so lonely


These are shops in a rural area near he airport.
The shiny stainless steel utensils are very popular and during wedding season (which is now) people buy them to give as gifts and dowry.On the top left of the photo you can see a woman looking down from her balcony.Maybe she lives above her shop.
Motorcycles are a common means of transport in rural parts. a bike can traverse rough roads.

In the shops you can buy steel containers, buckets, and round water vessels and lots more. They are very good and easy to clean. I like stainless steel plates and glasses.
---------------------------------
Let me add here that Prem 's mom is doing much better. She is out of the Intensive care, and sat up for more than half an hour after a month.
She was so glad to see Prem and said;Now my son has come and he will take me home.
Prem sang spiritual songs for her and she also sang. Some Christian nurses joined in and Prem said they had a small worship service in the hospital room. Praise the Lord.

15 Fertilize my soul:

Calfkeeper said...

It's great that you had such a nice time with Prem. Leaving and saying goodbye after having had a wonderful visit is always hard.

I love the pictures you took from the car; it gives a series of candid snapshots of your life there. I wonder if the cows got to where they were going. ha ha.

Louise said...

May the memories of your time together sustain and give you peace. Prem sounds like such a Godly man. What a treasure to have his friendship.
I enjoyed the pictures! Thank you for sharing them.

Dick said...

I'm glad you and your family have had such a nice time, lovely pictures.

Donetta said...

Hello, I see that you are longing for Prem already, that will make the next visit even sweeter. I am so glad you were able to have time together. You have been a very busy woman. It will now be a transition to return to cooking just for the women. I know you have been refreshed by the change in company. Hold fast to the joy and the time of pleasantry. The images of the shops are so amazing. The buildings look so unstable to my eye. It is a different world. In my way those buildings would be considered dangerous. It is so funny how different societies see things. How amazing to see all that mettle work.
I bought a tunic and skirt yesterday that was made in India.
I love the cotton fabric.
You are looking good.

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hey dear friend, It seems that you were having a good time with Prem, so sorry that he has to leave , but most good things last not forever,

I visited your blog many times without leaving a comment because I was on travel (We have to pay for the time on internet than) , soon (this saterday 4 q week ) we will leave again ,for Switserland, but I will let YOU/everyone know that through my blog. I post my last

Have a good time and we will meet after my returning home though our blogs, watch my post this evening.
Thanks for your visits:)

JoAnn now in Holland

Saija said...

one day - there will be no more goodbyes - we will enjoy the company of all those who are found in Christ ... for eternity ...

but for now, the leave taking is so sad ... i just experienced that in Finland ...

((hugs)) to you ...

Angie said...

What a special man. I loved hearing about their time in the hospital. Just beautiful! Glad to hear his mother is better.

I love seeing the pictures. I'd have fun shopping there.

monsoon dreams said...

he is a wonderful man indeed.hope u have are refreshed and energetic now after a good time with your mon,aunt and brother prem.God bless you.

JO said...

Great pics - thanks for sharing! So happy to hear Prem's mom is doing better. Take Care of you and yours! :)

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

It's so nice to have Christian friends to surround us and fellowship with us. When they leave, we feel a loneliness much stronger than when a blood relative would leave us. That's the essence of fellowship with followers of Christ. Thanks for the post. God bless you and your loved ones always.

Louise said...

Amrita, I mailed some CD's to you before I became ill. I sincerely hope they reach you.
God bless.

Terry said...

Dear Amrita..
I have always hated good byes. When my grampa used to take a train out west to see us, it was always so sad for us nine kids to say good bye to him. We never even thought at the time how hard it must have been for Mom Golden. After all it was a couple of thousand miles away!
I like the picture of the cows...so cute!
I used to take a lot of roadside pictures from the back of the motorcycle when Bernie and I would travel on our holidays.
One time I saw a whole herd of cattle feeding in a field and in that field was a giant billboard advertising the Ponderosa Steak House."Meet you at the Ponderosa!"
I felt a little sad when I saw those dear animals just eating and eating and fattening themselves up just so they could end up on somebody's dinner plate! Didn't seem fitting!!
But I DID snap a picture of the whole pitiful scene!

Amrita, Dad Golden is feeling much better and the doctor told him that the operation was a success.
Thanks so much for your prayers and I will continue to pray for Prem's mom....Love Terry

PS Saija is right. One of these days there will be no more goodbyes! Just a whole bunch of hellos and hugs and a hearty "Welcome Home!"

Rebecca said...

I hate goodbys!

Amrita said...

Thank you dear friends for your encouraging comments.

We miss our family so much and whenever God grants us a vist we enjoy it a lot.

Thank you dearest Loiuse for the music.As soon as i receive it i will tell you. The mail takes a while.But this is so special.
Music gives me energy, physical and spiritual.You don 't know what a great blessing a gift like this is for me.Mother and I are praying you for your recovery.I only wish I was nearby to help you with your housework at least.

Terry I am so glad Dad Golden is feeling better. With the summer approaching he 'll get stronger.

JoAnn enjoy your holiday.

I am doing OK, its just the heat which makes me tired quickly. Just want to drink gallons of water.

Roo said...

saying good bye is never easy. i'm glad for you that you had such a wonderful time. prem sounds like a special man.