Tuesday 12 May 2009

A Fruitful Day

The first mangoes of the season.
Melon ( similar to musk melons)


Quince or bel and cucumbers.
We make a cooling summer drink with Quince pulp.

This pumpkin is from our garden.
We harvested 16 of these and gave
them away.
***************
After Avinash left for Lucknow mid-morning
we supervised some more cleaning of the church yard.
In the afternoon I went to see the doctor and fix up things at the hospital.
Mom will be admitted tomorrow morning.
Her laparoscopy will take place on the 14th.
And hopefully all will go well so that she can be discharged
by the 15th.
I will be staying in the hospital all this time.
The hospital requires someone to stay with
the private ward patients.
Only when I return from hospital with my mother will
I be able to do an update.
This stint is quite akin to jury duty LOL.
To pass the time I will read and listen to tapes.
Hope to take photos too.
Keep us in your prayers.

34 Fertilize my soul:

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Amrita, your health is very tenuous as well, please try not to wear yourself to a frazzle. Take care of yourself, too, as much as you can!!!

Of course I am hoping the lap surgery will go well and be as easy as possible on your mom. There is a card on the way to her.

Those vegetables just look delicious, so fresh and juicy. How kind of you to give those pumpkins away! They look like the kind that have very good seeds in them as well as the delicious flesh.

I will be waiting for your updates after the surgery and when you are able to return home.

Julie said...

The vegetables look great. I will be keeping your mother in my prayers.

Paresh Palicha said...

May God Be you.

Pat said...

I will keep you both in my prayers. Maybe you can catch up on some sleep!

Jeanette said...

I love those mangoes, and I can just imagine how good they taste! We had pumpkins that looked just like that when I was a kid.

The sticky-note on my computer now says "Amrita and her mom," and I will be waiting with the others to hear how both of you are holding up.

Anonymous said...

Never heard of Quince juice/drink until now, do you put in other items as well? So many of your posts are a visual treat.
I had some lovely melon this morning, with strawberries.
I'm sure the 15 people who received your pumpkins were quite happy.
I will be thinking of you & your Mother.......~Mary

Louise said...

Wonderful pictures Amrita .. will pray for you and your Mom. May all go well and may you both get needed rest. Blessings to you both.

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Yes I will pray for you and your mother. I pray that everything will be alright with your mother and she can have a long disease free life. Those are luscious looking fruits and vegetables. Mangoes are my favorite. We have the sweetest mangoes in the world right here in the Philippines. Thanks for the post. God bless you and your loved ones always.

Annie K said...

Amrita I will definitely be praying for your mom and that everything will go well. ;)

The fruit looks awesome. I love mango and fresh lime juice. Yum! I can't wait to plant my garden...

Sita said...

Love fruit..melon and mangoes...in TT we like half-ripened mangoes peeled and sliced and mixed with salt, hot peppers, garlic, chado beni (coriander),..yum...

I am not fond of hospitals as my previous post attests to...so I will pray for peace, against incompetence, steady hands, accurate diagnosis and treatment and quick healing. May God cover you both, equip you for all that He has gone before and prepared for you.
Love, Sita

Buttercup said...

Love mangoes! Wish I could share them with you. Keeping your mother and you in my thoughts and prayers.

Amrita said...

Thank you so much everyone for your prayers and good wishes.

I wish i could share these fruit and veggies with you all.

Creative-Type Dad said...

Best to your mom.
And hopefully you don't get Jury Duty.

Crown of Beauty said...

Great garden you have, AMrita. Its good you can get a lot of "free" food that way!

I will be praying for your mom's successful laparoscopy... and a quick recovery for her, as well as strength and joy for you.

Rosemary said...

I will remember to keep you and your mom in my thoughts and prayers. I am sure all will go well, but I can empathize with the stress you are under.

Your bountiful produce looks delicious and your photos make me want to reach out and touch the screen!

monsoon dreams said...

amrita,
i know how tiring it is to be in hospital.been doing that for the past six months.God be with you,dear.

Sherri Murphy said...

Looks delicious Amrita!

Glennis said...

Great harvest, specially the lovely mango's, I wish we could grow them here, but it is not hot enough.
I do hope your Mother will be ok, she is lucky to have you there with her.

Kate said...

Best wishes for you and your mother. I hope you are able to rest in the hosiptal. Your mangoes are lovely! Now that mangoes are coming into season, I have a mango pudding recipe I want to try. If it's any good (and maybe even if it isn't), I'll post about it! Take care.

Unknown said...

A bountiful harvest of pumpkins!
My best wishes for your mum and you.

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hi Amrita:)

Lovely photos of fruits and vegetables.

I hope and pray that everything will go well for your mother.

Prayers and best wishes:)
Joseph

David Edward said...

praying for you and your precious mom.

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Wow that's a fantastic background you have with your marvelous picture. You really look larger than life in that photo background. God bless you always my friend.

Terry said...

i am praying for mama, amrita, that she will feel the lords prescence and that she will suffer no pain and that the operation will go well!
i will pray for you too amrita...love terry

Gerry said...

I will be sending my thoughts on behalf of you and your mother. Loved the photos of your produce I would take photos too if I had raised what I buy at Farmer's Market. I bought an eggplant tamale there that was so delicious that I must get again. I also am able to buy a tabouli salad I really like. I am going to try some Indian food they sell soon! I do like mangoes, too, but they were an acquired taste in Arizona. Now I like them, but it took quite a while. I hope you are feeling confident now that things will go well and not quite so worried. Your mother has magesty in her photo. Gerry

Mrs. Mac said...

Dear Amrita ,,, I pray by now your dear mom has gone through her surgery and is recovering ... as well as you getting some rest.

Hugs from far away,

Cathy

Saija said...

you should be home by now ... may your mom's recovery be fast and praying that you have the strength to be her help!

blessings on you both ...

Connie said...

Those mangoes look so luscious.
Hope all has gone well for your mother.Take care

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Very good wishes from me and I hoipe you will take care, lovely photo's and the layout looks great too:)

happy weekend :) JoAnn
see my exibition continue's until jUNE 14TH

Simply Shelley said...

Hi Amrita,I have been catching up on your blog...I pray all goes well with your Mama's hospital stay. The fruit and veggies are wonderful...the drink you mentioned sounds interesting! Thanks so much for sharing all the wonderful pictures of your Mama...she is beautiful as you are also.....God bless you both...
Shelley

monsoon dreams said...

hi dear,
your favourite won! shashi tharoor ;-)

Buttercup said...

Continuing prayers for your mother.

Sincerity said...

I'll keep you both in my prayers. Don't worry. Everything will be alright. God going to hang out with you. :)

Annette said...

Just checking in too see how your mom and you are doing. Well continue to keep you and your mom in my thoughts and prayers.
Hugs~
Annette