Sunday 17 May 2009

Sunday Blessings - We ' re Back Home

Praise God we returned home on Saturday evening.
Mother Hazel 's laparoscopy was successful.
On the 13th they ran several tests and the surgery took
place on 14th evening.
Several people came to pray and
to encourage us.
My Pastor, his wife and Sonia
were a great help. Mama has to get her strength and appetite back.
She has to have her sutures removed after 5 days.
The Catholic Hospital we went to is moderately
priced and offers excellent services.


Our room

My bed. I had to take my own sheet, pillow and blanket.
We also have to arrange our own food.

The young smart Catholic nurses
in this hospital are very efficient, dedicated
and well trained.
My Aunt Rita was admitted in a room down this corridor.
She had open surgery for gall stones.
One large stone was gorged in a duct which gave her jaundice.
She was very weak and ill. They inserted a tube to keep
the stone in place.
A day before her scheduled surgery she got high fever.
In the afternoon she was alone in her room
and a nurse, who knew we are related,
came to me and requested me to apply
a cold compress on my aunt 's forehead.
I did that for sometime till her fever came down and
her husband returned. My Pastor went
to pray for her several times.
She had her surgery and Uncle
showed me the large stones they removed.
I 've got Mama 's stones too.
They are about 6, like necklace beads.
Thank you so much for your
prayers and good wishes.
Everyday I read God 's promises from the Bible
and prayed with mother.
He is true to His Word.

25 Fertilize my soul:

Alicia The Snowflake said...

I'm so glad your mother is doing well. I pray she has a speedy recovery!

Paresh Palicha said...

God is great dear :-)

Julie said...

I am so glad your mother is home and doing well. I hope your aunt gets better soon also.

Felisol said...

Dear Amrita,
I pray for a strong recovery for your mother and your aunt.
I also pray for rest and strength for yourself.
I know by experience how exhausting these hospital sleep overs can be.
From Fellisol

Pat said...

I'm so glad to hear of the good news. Your mother looks so precious, and what a precious daughter she has in you. Now it's time for you both to rest and recharge.
love,
Pat

Annette said...

I am so happy that she's getting better and every day she will improve! make sure she gets up and walks and sits in a chair through out the day for at least 30 minutes at a time, Oop's, I forgot, I'm not at work, but the walking thing is good for her recovery, just start out small, it helps gain strength. I liked looking at the pictures from the hospital, since I work in big one here in my town. You take care of your self as well, so you can help take care of your Mom.
Hugs~
Annette

Sita said...

Glad you are back and now it is time to recover and renew strength. May God breathe His life into both of you for a quick and complete recovery...
Love, Sita

Buttercup said...

Continuing prayers for your mother's complete recovery and prayers, too, for your aunt. And take good care of yourself. Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog.

David Edward said...

Praise Him

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Praise the Lord that your mother is already fine and had a successful operation. We will still pray for her and your aunt too. God works in mysterious ways and through agencies you will never dream of. He is good all the time. Thanks for the wonderful post. God bless you always.

madison said...

I'm so glad everything went well for your mother and your aunt. I've been keeping you and your mother in my prayers. I hope their recovery is a smooth one.

Jeanette said...

I'm delighted to read your interesting report, Amrita! Thanks for taking pictures of your room to share with us. I'm so glad your mother was able to have this surgery laparoscopically, and hopefully her recovery will be speedy. You and your mom remain on my prayer list.

Annie K said...

Amrita, I'm so glad your mom is doing well and her surgery was successful. Praise God!

Rebecca said...

This is good news to hear...it is also very interesting to photos of your hospital and to hear how the system works there....I am glad you are home and things are on the mend

Donetta said...

Hello Dear Lady,
So glad to hear of her home coming. It is such a different world. I am sure that our costs of care would greatly reduced if it were for the family to aid. So many families hear however would abandon their posts of that I am sure.
Not you beautiful. You continue to do what is right , honorable.
You know your amazing. Yes you. Your kindness and patience is so enduring. I do understand this is so very taxing for you. Try to get some rest.
Be Embraced

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Hooray, you are both home, perhaps you can get some well-deserved rest, and your mother can rest comfortably and recover best at home! And surely Sheeba is so happy to have you back home. It's so stressful to be away, especially for such a nerve-wracking reason as surgery!

To hear the differences between Indian hospitals and U.S. hospitals was at first shocking, and then I thought back to my actual experiences in hospitals here -- and you know, it ended up that my family and friends had to help me, fetch things, put cold washcloths on my neck, bring decent food, etc, after all -- just as in India -- the nurses were always "too busy" with paperwork and tapping away at computers to actually help the patients -- so things are not so different after all!!!

monsoon dreams said...

amrita,
i'm glad dear.God be with you.

Louise said...

So glad you're home my friend!

Terry said...

dear amrita....i am so happy to hear about mama.
amrita, i hope that you don't mind that i put the sweet picture of her over at the pilgrim pals....let me know if you have the chance....aw i just think i will anyways...you won't mind!...love terry

Saija said...

i hope that you have both had time to catch your breath - and catch up on rest too! the Lord delivers His saints from many trials ...

blessings sent your way!

Crown of Beauty said...

Praise God for the good report. Welcome back, Amrita.

You are a blessing, with such a kind heart, a channel of grace, a helping hand to many.

May God bless you with every good and perfect provision that you need.

Kate said...

She islooking pretty well! I hope she is soon feeling perfect again!

Julia Dutta said...

Dear Amrita,

Never knew that you were passing through some tough times lately. Sorry for not being on your blog-side LOL. Happy your Mum is recovering and things are being looked after by Him.
Julia

Tikno said...

Dear Amrita,
I'm so glad to hear the good news.
May God always bless your family there.

Terry said...

oh amrita...my heart is still so full of joy for this...the answered prayers for mama's health and strength!!!!!!we love her ya' know!
love terry