Saturday 23 May 2009

Prime Oath

Yesterday Dr Manmohan Singh was
sworn in as the Prime Minister of India
together with 19 members of his
Cabinet in the Presidential Palace.
The rest of the Cabinet members will take oath
on Tuesday
Aerial view

Inside tour

The beautiful Ashoka Hall
where the ceremony took place








14 Fertilize my soul:

Debra said...

Did not knowo that you all were getting a new Prime Ministera, hope you all will enjoy having him as your leader.

What beautiful pictures. My daughter in law will be visiting Nepal in June on a Missionary trip. I so wished I was going with her.

Blessings Amrita!

Felisol said...

Congratulation with your new leader.
I wish for the best for him and for India.
From Felisol

Buttercup said...

My best wishes at this momentous time. Prayers for all best for India.

Anonymous said...

I read about it briefly this morning but it is great to have these pictures to accompany what I read. ~Mary

Rebecca said...

What a great post....I love to hear about these milestones in a Nations's history....our world is changing so fast....
God Bless India

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hi Amrita my friend,
Thanks for the great story...! this is so interesting, I always learn from you.
Wishing you a happy weekend:)

Bye JoAnn/Holland

madison said...

Hubby was telling me the other day that the elections were over in India. He seemed glad with who was elected. I just hope he does good for the country.

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hi Amrita:)

It was very thoughtful of you to share the video for the benefit of those who didn't see the swearing in ceremony of the new cabinet headed by our illustrious prime minister Dr.Manmohan Singh.

The photos are lovely.

I hope we will get a stable government for the next five year. Already Karunanidhi is playing his tricks demanding cabinet posts for all his family members.

Have a nice day Amrita:)
Joseph

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Amrita, was this the Congress party leader you were hoping for, or did another party win?

What a fabulously beautiful building and grounds. We have some lovely buildings in the U.S. but really, I do not think we have the match of the buildings in India, Europe, the Mideast, and Asia! Of course, we are just a "young" country...

Amrita said...

It was quite a historic moment.

The Congress Party which i support won.

Penni the particular politian I was referring to also is a Congressman. His name is Shashi Tharoor and he won from the southern state of Kerala. Mr Tharoor was a senior diplomat in the UN for several years.

Our defense Minister, AK Anthony is the only Christian in the cabinet,. He has a Syrian Catholic background but he is an athiest.

Amrita said...

Josephji, I was sad to read that AK Anthony is an athiest , he background is similar to yours.

May your daughter have a great time in Nepal Debra

Crown of Beauty said...

Congratulations on the installation of your prime minister. The pictures you posted are very impressive.

Praying that he will even do better on his second term.

May God teach him to be a good leader, and may he align with the purposes of God for your nation. It is a big responsibility.

Bobbie-Jo said...

Those are lovely pictures of your Capital.

We just studied the beginning of the nation of India in school. I bet my daughters would love to visit your blog, to put a face to what we've learned.

Terry said...

dear amrita.
i pray that you will have peace in india and more freedom to praise the lord.
this is such a good swearing in that he did.
he sounds like a real humble and nice man.....love terry

ps... bernie is studying all he can about india...we have three
very good friends living there...you and mama and daniel[sunil]